ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What type of visa? Tunisian husband coming to UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

JustineJelali
Newly Registered

What type of visa? Tunisian husband coming to UK

Post by JustineJelali » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:23 am

Hello there

I am a British citizen and was recently married to a Tunisian man in Tunisia.
I wondered what visa would be best for him to apply for, the visitor or family visa?
My understanding is the visitor can take 3 montha but then he can apply for a family visa from the UK? Which takes 8 weeks.
Or he can apply for a family visa from Tunisia and it takes 6 months?
Any advice from immigration workers would be very appreciated!
Warm regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What type of visa? Tunisian husband coming to UK

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:43 am

I am a British citizen and was recently married to a Tunisian man in Tunisia.
I wondered what visa would be best for him to apply for, the visitor or family visa?
Spouse visa if he is coming to live in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa
My understanding is the visitor can take 3 montha but then he can apply for a family visa from the UK? Which takes 8 weeks.
Your understanding is wrong. He cannot switch to a spouse visa within the UK if he is in the UK on a visitor visa.
Or he can apply for a family visa from Tunisia and it takes 6 months?
Yes, this is the only option he has if he intends to come and live in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JustineJelali
Newly Registered

Post by JustineJelali » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:13 am

Thank you so much for the speedy reply

Would applying for a visitor visa for my husband to then return to tunisia interfere with the spouse visa?

We are thinking 6 months is a long time to spend apart and trying to work out if it would be best for me to come back to Tunisia for a holiday or for my husband to visit me in the UK.

Warm regards
Justine.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:40 am

Would applying for a visitor visa for my husband to then return to tunisia interfere with the spouse visa?
If he can prove strong ties to his home country. Usually having a British spouse in the UK outweighs this and is often seen as an applicant trying to circumvent the immigration rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JustineJelali
Newly Registered

Post by JustineJelali » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:38 pm

Hello

Thank you again for this helpful information.

My husband has 2 children from a previous marriage. He pays for them and his ex wife has custody of them
He gets them on the holidays if his wife agrees...does this mean we must include them as dependents on his visa application?

Thank you

JustineJelali
Newly Registered

Post by JustineJelali » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:47 pm

We just checked the fees for the Uk visa for my husband coming to the UK.

It looks like around £1800 just for the healthcare surcharge and then £1500 on top for the visa is this correct? This seems a large amount upfront?

Justine.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:15 pm

That is what the fees are and have to be paid. These are the fees for the first initial 2.5 year visa.

When applying for an extension, fees and Ihs are payable again.

When applying for indefinite leave to remain (ILR), there is another fee payable as well.

Citizenship for him after 5 years and ILR again has another fee payable.

This is excluding the fees for biometric appointments and English and life in the UK tests.

Do you meet the financial requirement for a spouse visa?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

JustineJelali
Newly Registered

Post by JustineJelali » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:15 am

Yes we do, luckily, although I know many people do not which is very sad. I hope this does not prevent them from being together.
I really appreciate this website and your responses and advice thank you

JustineJelali
Newly Registered

Post by JustineJelali » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:22 pm

Hello

We are now at the stage where the TLS partner has passed our details to the visa centre.
It demands further documents within 5 wdays
We have other supporting documents and wait for my husbands english test on Thursday.
We are so stuck we are unable to login the esolo platform as they did not provide a PIN for the system esolo.
Can anyone help we are very stressed and concerned we will not have our visa agreed this seems unreasonable?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:57 am

JustineJelali wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:22 pm
Hello

We are now at the stage where the TLS partner has passed our details to the visa centre.
It demands further documents within 5 wdays
We have other supporting documents and wait for my husbands english test on Thursday.
We are so stuck we are unable to login the esolo platform as they did not provide a PIN for the system esolo.
Can anyone help we are very stressed and concerned we will not have our visa agreed this seems unreasonable?
You have to ensure you meet all requirement set in the rules which included English language requirement at the date of the application and not after.

You are putting your application on discretion of the caseworker to consider the English test which is done AFTER the date of the application.

There’s no need to rush in doing your application and did you meet the financial requirement ?

I would recommend you self uploading your documents yourself.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

JustineJelali
Newly Registered

Post by JustineJelali » Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:20 pm

Hello

Thank you for the reply.

We did not know any of this and now very confused.

My husband provided documents at the biometric partner in Tunisia but it only asked him for passport birth certificates divorce decrees.

We have all the information they need the checklist did not include anything else we thought they ask for this when is best time for them when its in the UK? We read this somewhere.

He did get his english test after we applied but he speaks fluent english so didnt imagine anything will be a problem.
We meet all the requirements and I earn a very good salary in and a great job in the Uk.
We are so distressed by this we have had all the additional documents here ready and waiting for weeks now, we called on 5th and 14th october to ask to provide they said someone would contact us and no one has.
Please can someone give us best advice...we applied end august requesting husbands travel to live with me in Novemeber and no documents have been requested.
Kind regards
Justine

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:35 pm

The supporting documents should have been uploaded digitally BEFORE the biometric appointment date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:01 pm

JustineJelali wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:20 pm
Hello

Thank you for the reply.

We did not know any of this and now very confused.

My husband provided documents at the biometric partner in Tunisia but it only asked him for passport birth certificates divorce decrees.

We have all the information they need the checklist did not include anything else we thought they ask for this when is best time for them when its in the UK? We read this somewhere. Checklist is not exhaustive with details of requirements, forum like this comes in so you can get clarification.

He did get his english test after we applied but he speaks fluent english so didnt imagine anything will be a problem. His English ability against what benchmark? Hence the need for the test
We meet all the requirements and I earn a very good salary in and a great job in the Uk.
We are so distressed by this we have had all the additional documents here ready and waiting for weeks now, we called on 5th and 14th october to ask to provide they said someone would contact us and no one has.
Please can someone give us best advice...we applied end august requesting husbands travel to live with me in Novemeber and no documents have been requested. As above from CR001, supporting documentation to be provided ideally before biometrics appointment. May your efforts and fees paid not be in vain.
Kind regards
Justine