ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependents list and finance queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nancy_kk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

dependents list and finance queries

Post by nancy_kk » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:10 pm

Hi All,

My husband is UK citizen and I am applying for family visa for me and my child. Actually my husband got divorce with his 1st wife and have one child also and he is staying with his mother.
Could you please suggest me what needs to be mentioned for below questions in application form in Sponsor's dependents section....
Q1. Sponsor's dependent details (name/dob) 
   - Need to mention 2nd child details only which I am going to apply? or need to add his 1st child details also in dependent list (this visa application is for me and my child only and not for his 1st child)
   - Also, do I need to add my details as well in sponsor's dependent list??? 
Q2. How much money is spent on this dependant each month in GBP
   - Do I need to enter estimated amount which sponsor going to spend once we are in UK? or
   - Approx. amount which we are already spending now for each dependent?

My husband is salaried employee which I am going to show as proof of finance support for me and my child. I am housewife staying with my parents in India and I used to receive money from my husband whenever I need, but it is not regular transfers.
I have below questions in my child's application in Finance tab. Could you please help me on these question please?

Q1. Does Mother or Father OR Mother and Father have any regular income received from friends or family? ----- Yes? or NO?
- as per my above comments, do I need to mention 'NO.. ?
If I select 'Yes' then it is asking, income coming from whom?? (friend/relative/other) and how often income is coming ?? (monthly/weekly/fortnightly/other). How much mother or Father OR mother and Father receive?

Q2. Monthly living costs - How much do Mother and Father spend on living costs each month in GBP?
- is it estimated amount which Mother and father going to spend once we go to UK? or
    - Approx. amount which we are already spending for each month??

thanks in advance,

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: dependents list and finance queries

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:53 am

nancy_kk wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:10 pm
Hi All,

My husband is UK citizen and I am applying for family visa for me and my child. Actually my husband got divorce with his 1st wife and have one child also and he is staying with his mother.It's important that your marriage happened after the divorce has been finalised. The divorce certificate needs to predate your marriage certificate.
Could you please suggest me what needs to be mentioned for below questions in application form in Sponsor's dependents section....
- Need to mention 2nd child details only which I am going to apply? or need to add his 1st child details also in dependent list (this visa application is for me and my child only and not for his 1st child)All children dependant on his income.
- Also, do I need to add my details as well in sponsor's dependent list??? Nope
Q2. How much money is spent on this dependant each month in GBP
- Do I need to enter estimated amount which sponsor going to spend once we are in UK? or
- Approx. amount which we are already spending now for each dependent? Now, the system isn't exactly futuristic.

My husband is salaried employee which I am going to show as proof of finance support for me and my child. I am housewife staying with my parents in India and I used to receive money from my husband whenever I need, but it is not regular transfers.
I have below questions in my child's application in Finance tab. Could you please help me on these question please?

Q1. Does Mother or Father OR Mother and Father have any regular income received from friends or family? ----- Yes? or NO? No
- as per my above comments, do I need to mention 'NO.. ?
If I select 'Yes' then it is asking, income coming from whom?? (friend/relative/other) and how often income is coming ?? (monthly/weekly/fortnightly/other). How much mother or Father OR mother and Father receive?

Q2. Monthly living costs - How much do Mother and Father spend on living costs each month in GBP?
- is it estimated amount which Mother and father going to spend once we go to UK? or
- Approx. amount which we are already spending for each month??Spending now!

thanks in advance,
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

nancy_kk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by nancy_kk » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:36 pm

Thank you Ticktack for your quick reply.
Regarding below query....
- Need to mention 2nd child details only which I am going to apply? or need to add his 1st child details also in dependent list (this visa application is for me and my child only and not for his 1st child)All children dependant on his income.

Actually 1st child is staying with his mother and he is not dependent on his father as he already paid amount as part of divorce settlement. So still I need to mention his 1st child details? Also, in divorce order, it was mentioned that some XXX amount to be paid to his 1st wife and XX amount in bank fixed deposit on child's name till his majority, but not clearly mentioned that mother has to take care of child till his majority.
Regarding my husband earning, there is no issue of yearly earnings even if I add one more dependent also.... Little tensed and confusion on what to mention in application and will there be any chance to ask any document about his 1st child...??
Please suggest with your expert advise how to go ahead with my application in above scenario and if I need to submit any additional documents or need to mention anything in cover letter.....

Thank you again,

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:05 am

nancy_kk wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:36 pm
Thank you Ticktack for your quick reply.
Regarding below query....

Actually 1st child is staying with his mother and he is not dependent on his father as he already paid amount as part of divorce settlement. So still I need to mention his 1st child details? Also, in divorce order, it was mentioned that some XXX amount to be paid to his 1st wife and XX amount in bank fixed deposit on child's name till his majority, but not clearly mentioned that mother has to take care of child till his majority.
Regarding my husband earning, there is no issue of yearly earnings even if I add one more dependent also.... Little tensed and confusion on what to mention in application and will there be any chance to ask any document about his 1st child...??
Please suggest with your expert advise how to go ahead with my application in above scenario and if I need to submit any additional documents or need to mention anything in cover letter.....

Thank you again,
The definition of a dependant is "a person who relies on another, especially a family member, for financial support".
If child services are involved, there would be a paper trail somewhere to say what monies goes where, maybe weekly or monthly.

State the facts as it is. 1st child or not shouldn't have an effect on your spouse application, especially if he doesn't have a pending court case of child neglect or so.

Don't worry yourself too much about it.

nancy_kk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

RoA/CoE application or Family visa

Post by nancy_kk » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:11 pm

Hi Experts,

My husband is UK citizen by naturalization since 2018. We have one son who is 6 months old born in India and he has Indian passport. I do not have any visa before and I am planning to apply for Family visa. I thought of applying Family visa for my son too. But I came to know that I can't apply Family for my son but RoA/CoE application it seems. So could you please suggest me which is the correct application for my son please? RoA/CoE? or Famaily Visa application..?

Appreciate your quick help...

Thanks in advance,

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:56 am

nancy_kk wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:11 pm
Hi Experts,

My husband is UK citizen by naturalization since 2018. We have one son who is 6 months old born in India and he has Indian passport. I do not have any visa before and I am planning to apply for Family visa. I thought of applying Family visa for my son too. But I came to know that I can't apply Family for my son but RoA/CoE application it seems. So could you please suggest me which is the correct application for my son please? RoA/CoE? or Famaily Visa application..?

Thanks in advance,
Your son can directly apply for a British Passport, which is much cheaper.

If you decide not to, based on the complications that has to do with dual nationality for Indians, you are required to apply for a certificate of entitlement.
A certificate of entitlement costs £388 outside the UK.

Your child cannot get a visa of any type to the UK. UK citizens are free from immigration control/restrictions.

nancy_kk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Documents proof for financial support for spouse visa

Post by nancy_kk » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:08 pm

Hi Experts,

For financial support proof, my husband has letters from his company (on Job and monthly income) but these are 2 months old by the time we submit the application. Is that Ok please?
Generally maximum how old of documents they accept?

Thank you in advance,

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Documents proof for financial support for spouse visa

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:24 pm

nancy_kk wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:08 pm
Hi Experts,

For financial support proof, my husband has letters from his company (on Job and monthly income) but these are 2 months old by the time we submit the application. Is that Ok please?
Generally maximum how old of documents they accept?

Thank you in advance,
Why get the letter do early? He should get and keep the date within 28days to the application suggestion

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Documents proof for financial support for spouse visa

Post by Ticktack » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:29 pm

nancy_kk wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:08 pm
Hi Experts,

Generally maximum how old of documents they accept?Closer to the appointment time the better. Not sure there's a general rule on it but I'd say 1 month tops.

Thank you in advance,
FYI, he still needs 6 months payslips and 6 months statements of account. The last needs to be as current as possible to the day.

nancy_kk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by nancy_kk » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:31 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:56 am
nancy_kk wrote:
Hi Experts,

Thanks in advance,

If you decide not to, based on the complications that has to do with dual nationality for Indians, you are required to apply for a certificate of entitlement.

Your child cannot get a visa of any type to the UK. UK citizens are free from immigration control/restrictions.
Thank you TickTack for your prompt response. I have quick queries in my child CoE application please...

1. In Previous address section, I need to fill last 2 years address details....since my child is 6 months old, so what to mention in start date (child birth date..??) and End date? (fyi, these are mandatory in MM and YYYY format)

2. His Nationality - He has Indian passport so Nationality is mentioned as 'Indian' in his Indian passport. So in CoE application, do I need to mention his nationality is British? or Indian?

Last query is, I am applying for my family visa and my son CoE application at the same time.... Is that OK?

Thank you again for your help,

nancy_kk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by nancy_kk » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:06 pm

nancy_kk wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:31 pm
Ticktack wrote:
nancy_kk wrote:
Hi Experts,

Thanks in advance,

Thank you TickTack for your prompt response. I have quick queries in my child CoE application please...

1. In Previous address section, I need to fill last 2 years address details....since my child is 6 months old, so what to mention in start date (child birth date..??) and End date? (fyi, these are mandatory in MM and YYYY format)

2. His Nationality - He has Indian passport so Nationality is mentioned as 'Indian' in his Indian passport. So in CoE application, do I need to mention his nationality is British? or Indian?

Last query is, I am applying for my family visa and my son CoE application at the same time.... Is that OK?

as per my search in the forum there were different answers.... so could someone someone confirm on my above queries asap please.... Sorry to chase you, it is bit urgent as I am planning to submit my applications this week.. thank you for understanding.....

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:20 am

nancy_kk wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:31 pm
Ticktack wrote:
nancy_kk wrote:
Hi Experts,

Thanks in advance,

1. In Previous address section, I need to fill last 2 years address details....since my child is 6 months old, so what to mention in start date (child birth date..??) and End date? (fyi, these are mandatory in MM and YYYY format)From date he was born till today. The HO understands the rules for minors.

2. His Nationality - He has Indian passport so Nationality is mentioned as 'Indian' in his Indian passport. So in CoE application, do I need to mention his nationality is British? or Indian?Whichever you want. Child is British at birth, so easily go with British!

Last query is, I am applying for my family visa and my son CoE application at the same time.... Is that OK?Absolutely, yes!

nancy_kk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Health Surcharge for CoE applicant

Post by nancy_kk » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:21 pm

Hi,
quick help please?

Regarding Health Surcharge, I understand I need to pay for my application (Spouse). But as mentioned I am applying for CoE for my child also along with my application. My query is, do I need to pay surcharge for my child also? I am not getting Health surcharge details for CoE route applications in UK GOV site. Could you please help how much I need to pay for my child please?

Also, since I mentioned my child in dependents section in my application, so do I need to pay surcharge along with my application? or with his CoE application?

Thank you in advance,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:22 pm

do I need to pay surcharge for my child also?
No. IHS is NOT payable for CoE applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.