ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Combining visa for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bd_American
Newly Registered
United States of America

Combining visa for ILR

Post by Bd_American » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:54 am

Hello,

Is it possible to switch visa while reading in the UK and have the time spent under each visa be combined toward the required time for ILR?

Specifically, I am on a teir 2 visa and my wife is on a dependent visa under me. Would we be able to put her on a Global Talent visa and switch me to dependent? Would that reset our time until eligibility for ILR? Essentially combining dependent visa and teir, and dependent and global talent. Additionally, if 3 years have already passed, would that make her immediately eligible for ILR?

Cheers!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Combining visa for ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:07 am

it would reset if you switch to dependent visa and she switches to main PBS visa holder.

You cannot combine PBS Dependent visa time with main PBS visa time to make up the requirement for ILR. A PBS dependent visa holder needs 5 years as a dependent visa holder before they can apply for ILR.

A PBS GTV visa holder can apply for ILR after 3 years of holding PBS main visa combination with GTV (you cannot use dependent visa time here either).

The only time different visa categories can be combined is for ILR based on 10 years long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.