ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS Refund Delay

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ska_abbas

IHS Refund Delay

Post by ska_abbas » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:32 am

Hi there,

I was on a three year Skilled Worker visa which was granted in Nov 2021, and as per the requirements, I paid the IHS upfront for the three years until Nov 2024.

I recently moved to a different job and got my Skilled worker visa updated. With my current employer, my Skilled worker visa is now valid till Aug 2024, and I paid the IHS again for the two years (from Aug 2022 to Aug 2024).

I understand that IHS refund where a payment has been made twice is automatically refunded with in 6 weeks after visa has been granted, however, it has been 8 weeks since I got my updated visa. I have even raised a complaint but have not heard anything back yet.

What do you suggest should I do? Any email address for UKVI with regards to IHS refunds?

Thanks

ska_abbas

Re: IHS Refund Delay

Post by ska_abbas » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:21 pm

Spoke to UKVI contact centre earlier today. They said since you raised the escalation on 2 Sep, you would have to wait another 6 weeks before refund is processed. Apparently, the escalation is now sitting with the refund team.

They have asked me to call back if I dont get a refund by mid October.

blitzkrieg333

Re: IHS Refund Delay

Post by blitzkrieg333 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:33 am

@ska_abbas I am also facing the same issue. Please can you share the no. to contact UKVI contact centre.
Thanks.