ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR delay- priority application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

navdeepuniyal
Newly Registered
India

Away from the UK days- Transit details

Post by navdeepuniyal » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:39 am

Dear All,

While filling the ILR form, do I need to provide a separate entry for the country I transited through, in the following two cases:
1. If I used the layover time to visit the transiting country
2. If I did just the airport transfer

Please advise.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Away from the UK days- Transit details

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:11 am

No details are needed. UKVI does not care what you did during your travels
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

navdeepuniyal
Newly Registered
India

Post by navdeepuniyal » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:20 pm

Thank you very much for your response.

I have another question:

In my absence list, do I need to include the time I spent in the home country before coming to the UK after getting my first visa?
E.g. First visa start date : 13.10.2017
UK Entry date: 1.11.2017

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:22 pm

You can
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

navdeepuniyal
Newly Registered
India

Earliest ILR application date

Post by navdeepuniyal » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:50 am

I am on a tier-2 general visa with first visa valid from 13/10/2017 and currently my visa is valid until 14/10/2022. What is the earliest date I can apply for the ILR?

Using the calculator from weblink removed by moderator
I could find the earliest date to be 14/09/2022. I would like to verify if anyone else has used this calculator and it is valid?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Earliest ILR application date

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:54 am

navdeepuniyal wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:50 am
I am on a tier-2 general visa with first visa valid from 13/10/2017 and currently my visa is valid until 14/10/2022. What is the earliest date I can apply for the ILR?

I could find the earliest date to be 14/09/2022. I would like to verify if anyone else has used this calculator and it is valid?
1. Topics merged. Stick to one thread/topic for all your ilr queries

2. Do Not post third party unofficial weblink on the forum. This is not permitted.

3. You can apply for ilr no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of your initial visa issue date. Date of application is the date you submit and pay online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:56 pm

navdeepuniyal wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:50 am

What do you need a calculator for? Get a calendar and count back 28 days from 13th of October. How hard can that be?
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

navdeepuniyal
Newly Registered
India

Post by navdeepuniyal » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:08 pm

Okay, FYI, if you calculate the 28 days before 13th, it would be 15/09 and not 14/09. The issue here is about if I am missing something or the calculator is correct?
It is fairly simple, I know but I used this forum to clear my doubts about it (I believe that is what it is for).

Just try to be little polite.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:05 am

navdeepuniyal wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:08 pm
Okay, FYI, if you calculate the 28 days before 13th, it would be 15/09 and not 14/09. The issue here is about if I am missing something or the calculator is correct?
It is fairly simple, I know but I used this forum to clear my doubts about it (I believe that is what it is for).

Just try to be little polite.
I'm sure you noticed that the calculator link you posted was removed by the moderators. This was done because this is not an official government tool. Hence anyone you ask on the forum would do the same thing that you can do for yourself which is to manually count down.

How could you even presume that it's a rude remark! You obviously have to be very sensitive.

navdeepuniyal
Newly Registered
India

Cohabitation documents upload

Post by navdeepuniyal » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:39 pm

Dear guys,

A quick question: do I have to upload cohabitation documents both under myself and my spouse during my ILR application? I am applying for myself and my family together and I am the main applicant.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Cohabitation documents upload

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:09 am

navdeepuniyal wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:39 pm
Dear guys,

A quick question: do I have to upload cohabitation documents both under myself and my spouse during my ILR application? I am applying for myself and my family together and I am the main applicant.
It would probably take you just 5 minutes, so why not do same for you and your spouse.

navdeepuniyal
Newly Registered
India

Re: Cohabitation documents upload

Post by navdeepuniyal » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:18 pm

Sure, thank you very much 😊

navdeepuniyal
Newly Registered
India

ILR delay- priority application

Post by navdeepuniyal » Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:04 am

Dear guys,

I submitted my priority application on 29th September in a 5 year route (tier-2). I got a response couple of day later on the delay in processing and they asked me to submit an additional document for my spouse. I did submit it in a day and I am waiting to hear back a decision.
I am anxious if home office will still consider my application on a priority basis?

Also, do they generally ask for additional documents in a single go or is it possible for them to ask for additional documents in the future(which could further delay my application)

Please advise.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR delay- priority application

Post by zimba » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:01 pm

navdeepuniyal wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:04 am
Dear guys,

I submitted my priority application on 29th September in a 5 year route (tier-2). I got a response couple of day later on the delay in processing and they asked me to submit an additional document for my spouse. I did submit it in a day and I am waiting to hear back a decision.
I am anxious if home office will still consider my application on a priority basis?

Also, do they generally ask for additional documents in a single go or is it possible for them to ask for additional documents in the future(which could further delay my application)

Please advise.
I applied for a priority visa service and I am still waiting for a response. What is happening  ?

navdeepuniyal
Newly Registered
India

Post by navdeepuniyal » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:04 pm

I did not understand your response clearly. Is the process not clear or they process it randomly?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:07 pm

navdeepuniyal wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:04 pm
I did not understand your response clearly. Is the process not clear or they process it randomly?
Every application is unique. There is no fixed timeline and there are no guarantees.

navdeepuniyal
Newly Registered
India

Post by navdeepuniyal » Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:51 am

I have been told over the phone that since UKVI has asked and we have submitted an additional document, my ILR application is no longer a priority application and will be processed as a regular one.

This is so frustrating and feels like a daylight robbery. :(

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:27 am

navdeepuniyal wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:51 am
I have been told over the phone that since UKVI has asked and we have submitted an additional document, my ILR application is no longer a priority application and will be processed as a regular one. Correct

This is so frustrating and feels like a daylight robbery. :(
The attending to it at first instance is on priority, anything that makes it impossible to be decided at first instance takes it off being priority in most cases.

jdanshah
Newly Registered

Post by jdanshah » Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:18 am

We submitted ILR biometrics (Tier2 route) on 20th Sep with priority (5 days), I understand there are delays. However couple of my friend/colleague submitted their application from Peterborough/Birmingham received decision on 5th day.

We submitted from London, is there any specific reason delays happening at London office?

I also read on this forum in case of delays, UKVI sends communication? Our lawyer haven't received any communication or response for follow up.
Thank you.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:33 am

No specific reason. Delays are happening all over the place, every application is individual. Two people could have an identical application and apply on the same day from the same place and hear back on different days.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

navdeepuniyal
Newly Registered
India

Post by navdeepuniyal » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:42 am

Just so, if someone faces the same situation as mine:
I received the approval yesterday after I approached my local MP and they requested them to expedite my case.
Still I believe (and probably others as well), it does not make any sense to put an application off priority after resubmitting an additional document.

dprichardson
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by dprichardson » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:42 am

jdanshah wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:18 am
We submitted ILR biometrics (Tier2 route) on 20th Sep with priority (5 days)
Hello there! Did you submit your application yourself and if so, at what time of day? I have been logging in every half hour for weeks now and can't seem to get any priority option to show.

Any advice on how you obtained the Priority service, like what time of day you logged in etc would be much appreciated.

I started at the same time as you and have been trying for more than a month now I only have one day left before I need to submit. The difficulty for me is that not being able to travel for 6 months is going to be severely detrimental to my work.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:56 am

dprichardson wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:42 am
jdanshah wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:18 am
We submitted ILR biometrics (Tier2 route) on 20th Sep with priority (5 days)
Hello there! Did you submit your application yourself and if so, at what time of day? I have been logging in every half hour for weeks now and can't seem to get any priority option to show.

Any advice on how you obtained the Priority service, like what time of day you logged in etc would be much appreciated.

I started at the same time as you and have been trying for more than a month now I only have one day left before I need to submit. The difficulty for me is that not being able to travel for 6 months is going to be severely detrimental to my work.
post2085683.html#p2085683 might be helpful
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

dprichardson
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by dprichardson » Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:10 pm

Thanks yes I've been checking at 1am for more than a month now with no luck which is why I was curious what time the above poster applied.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:44 pm

dprichardson wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:10 pm
Thanks yes I've been checking at 1am for more than a month now with no luck which is why I was curious what time the above poster applied.
Not all visa routes qualify for priority.

https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa ... ide-the-uk
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.