ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application to bring my son to the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hattrick71
Newly Registered
Mood:

Application to bring my son to the UK

Post by hattrick71 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:50 am

Hi Guys,

I am just wandering if you could help me with an immigration advice on what’s best option ( application) to bring my son to UK.

I live in Glasgow, Scotland in the UK and I am originally from Nigeria and British as well. I have a son in Nigeria who is 16 years old and he will be 17 in September 2023.

My immigration history is as follows :
Entered Uk-2005( with a visiting visa)
Married-2010.
Discretionary leave to remain-2010 ( 3 years)
Discretionary leave to remain -2013 ( 3 years)
Indefinite leave to remain-2016
British Nationality-2022.

I was asked in the application for naturalisation in the additional child information section if I had a child whose birth parent was not my partner and I answered YES. They further asked if the child lives with me which I answered NO.
Presently my son lives with my aged parent in Nigeria and I thought it would be in his best interest to join his two brothers here and the rest of the family .

My questions are as follows: what particular application should I file for him and will his age impact the application positively or negatively.

Thanks Guys

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Application to bring my son to the UK

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:13 am

Where is the other parent?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.