ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Global Talent Visa - RAEng endorsement - Route 1

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lolo2
Venezuela

Global Talent Visa - RAEng endorsement - Route 1

Post by lolo2 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:02 pm

I thought some tips for those planning to apply for this route would be helpful. I reckon the available information for this type of visa can be confusing and sometimes ambiguous.

In summary, I switched from Skilled Worker to Global Talent visa under Route 1, endorsed by the Royal Academy of Engineering, based on a post as a researcher in an approved HEI.

Basically you only need two documents to apply for this route: a job description and a statement of guarantee from the Director of Human Resources. This is stated on the RAEng's website: RAEng - GTV - Route 1.

Important that the statement of guarantee includes all the items mentioned on the website.

Hints:

- No, you don't need a PhD to apply for this route.
- Publications, patents, etc. are also not required. As mentioned above only two documents are sent.
- The statement of guarantee specified my appointment to the role for more than two years (dates included in the letter). The RAEng was very emphatic on saying that entry level research positions do not qualify, I guess someone just starting the role does not get endorsed under this route.
- The reviewer emailed back HR to confirm that I "act independently in initiating, planning and managing a research or innovation project or programme of work without supervision", despite this was included in the letter.

The reviewer at RAEng emailed HR just to 'confirm statements', they did not ask for additional documents.

I've got endorsement as an 'Exceptional Promise'.

All the process from endorsement application to GTV approval from the HO (standard application) took four weeks!

pra1980
Newly Registered
India

Re: Global Talent Visa - RAEng endorsement - Route 1

Post by pra1980 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:51 am

Hi Lolo,

I am in similar bat as you. is it possible to get your phone number /email to talk to you.

Regards
P

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:00 am

pra1980 wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:51 am
Hi Lolo,

I am in similar bat as you. is it possible to get your phone number /email to talk to you.

Regards
P
Do NOT ask for members personal contact information. This is NOT permitted on the forum. Any such posts will be removed and the member issued with a warning or banned.

Everyone here is a complete stranger and we have many scammers and spammers who trawl the forum daily.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:39 am

pra1980 wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:51 am
Hi Lolo,

Regards
P
The post you opened up says that you're applying for the peer-reviewed process (route 4). I applied for the route 1 which is not the same and has different requirements.

There are other posts related to the peer-reviewed process where applicants are sharing their experience.

pra1980
Newly Registered
India

Post by pra1980 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:47 am

Thanks it is clear now.

mirnlodro
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mirnlodro » Sat May 20, 2023 7:54 am

Thanks for sharing your experience. I applied for the Route 1 academic and research post. My endorsement application was reviewed by the Royal Academy of Engineering, and it was rejected with a vague statement saying they are not satisfied with the two documents, i.e.. Job description and the statement of guarantee. I was very confident as the statement of guarantee addressed every mandatory point. The document was issued by the HR department of the university. I was surprised by their decision, especially knowing many people in my network, with significantly lesser educational experience receiving the endorsements. I am curious to know why and how an MS-level education from a third world country can outweigh PhD and postdoc from UK universities.

I think one should stop investing time, efforts and money in this visa trap that have a significant potential to damage your self-confidence.

Please share your experience. I have following concerns:
1) Is there any likelihood that the application can fall prey to conflict of interest?
2) How the RAEng performs reviewer background match with the applicant?
3) Is there any quota for the endorsement?

My background:
I have a MS and PhD. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from a reputable UK university. I also have two postdoc experiences at UK universities. My current role is at another top-notch university in the southwest of England. I have a good publication and product development track record.

Regards,
M

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Mon May 22, 2023 1:58 pm

I couldn't provide a response to your questions 1-3 I'm afraid, I haven't seen this info in the guidance. I only can suspect RAEng and every endorsing body have provisions to deal with the items.

When I prepared my application, I had a couple of queries which were swiftly responded by UKRI. See: UK Research & Innovation

If you think your application was not properly assessed, you still can ask for a review GTV refusal review Another strategy you can try could be contacting the acquaintances who where successfully endorsed to compare their applications with yours.

Note that having a PhD is not a mandatory requirement for this route. Even the guidance mentions that an applicant can demonstrate eligibility through education or equivalent relevant (research) experience, depending on the role.

Also the institution or the country where the applicant obtained their degrees is evidently irrelevant.

mirnlodro
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mirnlodro » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:37 am

It is great to share that I received an endorsement today. I applied for the endorsement via route 3 which is UKRI endorsed funder route. I was eligible via this route. I was able to get the statement of guarantee and award letter from the HR of the university. I received the endorsement decision via email within eight days after I paid the endorsement fee. I am going to put stage 2 visa application.

Takeaway: "You may be eligible for multiple routes, but it is extremely important to recheck the eligibility requirements and pick the one which is safest."

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:16 am

That's fantastic news, congratulations!

I do agree that one needs to choose the appropriate route depending on the personal circumstances.

BravoCharlie

Post by BravoCharlie » Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:18 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:02 pm
I thought some tips for those planning to apply for this route would be helpful. I reckon the available information for this type of visa can be confusing and sometimes ambiguous.

In summary, I switched from Skilled Worker to Global Talent visa under Route 1, endorsed by the Royal Academy of Engineering, based on a post as a researcher in an approved HEI.

Basically you only need two documents to apply for this route: a job description and a statement of guarantee from the Director of Human Resources. This is stated on the RAEng's website: RAEng - GTV - Route 1.

Important that the statement of guarantee includes all the items mentioned on the website.

Hints:

- No, you don't need a PhD to apply for this route.
- Publications, patents, etc. are also not required. As mentioned above only two documents are sent.
- The statement of guarantee specified my appointment to the role for more than two years (dates included in the letter). The RAEng was very emphatic on saying that entry level research positions do not qualify, I guess someone just starting the role does not get endorsed under this route.
- The reviewer emailed back HR to confirm that I "act independently in initiating, planning and managing a research or innovation project or programme of work without supervision", despite this was included in the letter.

The reviewer at RAEng emailed HR just to 'confirm statements', they did not ask for additional documents.

I've got endorsement as an 'Exceptional Promise'.

All the process from endorsement application to GTV approval from the HO (standard application) took four weeks!
Dear Lolo2,
I am applying for endorsement through the same route. Just a quick question: How do we decide whether we qualify for endorsement as Exceptional Promise or Exceptional Talent on this route? I mean we only send them two documents as you stated which does not include our publications/research record etc. So if I am a Senior Lecturer in a university, should I choose Exceptional Promise or Exceptional Talent? And do I need to provide anything other than the two documents to support my claim?

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:34 pm

As you rightly pointed out, only TWO documents are submitted to get endorsement through this route, nothing else is required.

The statement of guarantee is a key document and needs to address ALL the elements mentioned on the website, in accordance with the activities you do within the role in correspondence with the job description.

Choosing exceptional promise or talent I believe is more a personal thing, commensurate with the experience, level of the role, how strongly everything is addressed in the letter, etc. Some members here have commented sending their applications as an exceptional talent and then it's processed as exceptional promise.

A very close friend of mine with a job as a "senior project leader" with managerial and even teaching responsibilities (to university students) in one of the biggest research institutions in the UK submitted his application last year as an exceptional talent and it was approved under exceptional promise.

To me, for this specific route the most relevant difference between both figures is basically the name - as long as the RAEng, the RS, the BA or UKRI endorse the application - because you don't submit any additional documents to support your claims. I wouldn't worry much about it.

BravoCharlie

Post by BravoCharlie » Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:13 am

lolo2 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:34 pm
As you rightly pointed out, only TWO documents are submitted to get endorsement through this route, nothing else is required.

The statement of guarantee is a key document and needs to address ALL the elements mentioned on the website, in accordance with the activities you do within the role in correspondence with the job description.

Choosing exceptional promise or talent I believe is more a personal thing, commensurate with the experience, level of the role, how strongly everything is addressed in the letter, etc. Some members here have commented sending their applications as an exceptional talent and then it's processed as exceptional promise.

A very close friend of mine with a job as a "senior project leader" with managerial and even teaching responsibilities (to university students) in one of the biggest research institutions in the UK submitted his application last year as an exceptional talent and it was approved under exceptional promise.

To me, for this specific route the most relevant difference between both figures is basically the name - as long as the RAEng, the RS, the BA or UKRI endorse the application - because you don't submit any additional documents to support your claims. I wouldn't worry much about it.
Dear Lolo2,

Immensely thankful for such a detailed response. It's very helpful.