ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen Travelling on US Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kankerot

First British Passport after Naturalisation

Post by kankerot » Thu May 04, 2023 5:15 pm

My wife is a British citizen she gained her citizenship in 2016 if I recall correctly - she has her certificate of naturalisation, we didnt get her a British Passport as she continued to use her US Passport (she is a dual US/UK citizen)

Now reading up on the application for a British passport - is it correct that we will need to send in her US passport and her naturalisation certificate as well as attend an interview?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: First British Passport after Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Thu May 04, 2023 5:17 pm

is it correct that we will need to send in her US passport and her naturalisation certificate
Yes.
as well as attend an interview?
Not necessarily. It is quite randon who are asked to attend interviews. Not many are.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kankerot

British Citizen Travelling on US Passport

Post by kankerot » Wed May 31, 2023 11:43 am

Booked tickets to travel to USA in August - wife is a dual US and UK citizen but she has her US passport but not applied for UK passport - should we apply for UK passport before we go or after we return?

I understand that you need to post her US passport to the passport office as part of the process?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizen Travelling on US Passport

Post by CR001 » Wed May 31, 2023 12:09 pm

Topics merged.

You were already advised the us passport has to be sent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.