ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wifes visa rejected due to ECO's mistakes

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

John

Post by John » Fri May 06, 2005 12:20 pm

Vish16 posted :-
the visa date actually starts from day she walks through immigration control NOT the one on the actual Entry Clearance.
Not sure what point you are making. Clearly the ability to enter the UK started on the "Start Date" as shown on the visa. Also that visa will end on the stated "End Date". Delaying entry to the UK will not affect that "End Date".
John

vish16
Newly Registered

Post by vish16 » Sat May 07, 2005 6:21 am

Not sure what point you are making. Clearly the ability to enter the UK started on the "Start Date" as shown on the visa. Also that visa will end on the stated "End Date". Delaying entry to the UK will not affect that "End Date".
Oh right, I did not realise that. In the empty small box on the EC visa in the passport, there is a stamp which shows the date of her arrival though immigration control. There is indeed the "start date"/"end date" on the EC Visa.
I assumed that the date she goes through immigration control at brum airport will then have 2 years added to this date before requiring to apply for ILR.
she does not have a certificate but has a medical attachment which has been stapled to her passport which says she has passed the medicals. is this the same thing?
Does the medical certificate have your wife photo with her signature across it, and check to see if there is any sign of the writing which says "XY form".

sreeni

Post by sreeni » Wed May 18, 2005 11:08 am

my wife got her visa a while now, she was going to come over on 18th but the time she was supposed to set off was not a horoscopically good one but she was going to come anyways, But then also someone in the family has died 2 days before so the priest says to not go on that date, so now she has rebooked ticket for 30th. Hopefully no more setbacks and she will be here next week. Ill let you all know how she got on at the airport etc , will be a very interesting journey as she has never flown before and has to change planes at Dubai :? ,

John

Post by John » Wed May 18, 2005 11:26 am

has to change planes at Dubai
That sounds expensive .... all those shops selling gold!

Seriously, which airline is she flying with? Emirates? If so, when she checks in she should mention that she has not flown before, or changed planes at Dubai. In a nutshell, at Dubai airport, the Emirates staff will look after her and ensure that she knows where to go to get the second plane.

A couple of years ago my parents-in-law flew with Emirates Bangkok-Dubai-Birmingham, and they had not flown internationally before. The Emirates staff were great ...really provided a good service.
John

sreeni

Post by sreeni » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:57 am

WIFE IS FINALLY HERE :D :D :D ,
the journey went well, and she managed to change planes at dubai, evn with only 30 mins gap between flight, all the luggage arrived, in the airport she was asked a few questions like whats your husbands name , what does he do, where does he live etc. and that was all. :D Now she is here.

John

Post by John » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:52 pm

Congratulations! Glad it all worked out at last.

Have a long and happy life together. :D
John

sreeni

Post by sreeni » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:34 pm

This website has been one of the best sites for help and info i have ever come across, if only the real world was as friendly and helpful as this site, world peace would be here soon. Everyone here is willing to help, and you get the feeling that there is genuine comradery. Thanks to everyone and God. A Big thanks to the Mods and everyone else who helped. I am still visiting the site and will continue to do so, and i will recommend this site to everyone
:D

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:13 pm

sreeni wrote:This website has been one of the best sites for help and info i have ever come across, if only the real world was as friendly and helpful as this site, world peace would be here soon. Everyone here is willing to help, and you get the feeling that there is genuine comradery. Thanks to everyone and God. A Big thanks to the Mods and everyone else who helped. I am still visiting the site and will continue to do so, and i will recommend this site to everyone
:D

Thank you for your comments about the mods! we do all this on a voluntary basis to make it easier for others so that they dont repeat 'our' past mistakes!

Well Done and all the best for the future
Where there is a will there is a way.