ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

*Penalty for late registration of property*

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

standrews

When to apply for ILR?

Post by standrews » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:40 pm

Hi there,

I'm wondering if someone please advise earliest I can apply ILR?

My wife was on Tier 2, PBS dependent and swtiched to FLR M within the UK on 18-03-2019 (date over the approval letter and BRP), current 2nd leave to remain valid until 16-05-2024.

Can I apply SET (M) using super priority 28 days before 18-03-2024, somewhere around or after 20-02-2024?

Or I should wait until full 60 months if there is any sort of risk?

zimba
Mood:

Re: When to apply for ILR?

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:04 pm

The earliest date of ILR eligibility is 20-02-2024, so within 28 days of completing your 60 months. The date of application does not really matter as long as the date of the ILR decision lands on this date or afterwards, so you can apply now.

See: How to apply early and benefit from the date of the ILR decision ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

standrews

Post by standrews » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:33 pm

Hi Zimba,

Thanks very much for replying.

I’m seeing people have refusals based on choosing wrong SET forms, just to be sure its SET (M) for ILR, after 5 years on partner route, FLR (M)?

Time spent outside does matter? On date of eligibility? Haven’t spent much outside, just curious.

Wording over the first approval letter is to apply ILR after continuous period of leave to remain in the UK of at least 60 months. You must apply before the end of authorised stays in the UK but more then 28 days before completing that period.

Above statement make me confused to complete 60 months and then apply 28 days before expiring of BRP date?

Since BRO expiring mid May, applying in Feb, feels so early. Probably i’m overthinking but your help will ease off confusion.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:39 pm

I’m seeing people have refusals based on choosing wrong SET forms, just to be sure its SET (M) for ILR, after 5 years on partner route, FLR (M)?
Yes, Set M is the correct form. Where you are 'seeing refusals' is for a completely different visa category and hence a different ILR form, not relevant to your circumstances.
Time spent outside does matter? On date of eligibility? Haven’t spent much outside, just curious.
There is NO absence limit for spouse visa holders.
Wording over the first approval letter is to apply ILR after continuous period of leave to remain in the UK of at least 60 months. You must apply before the end of authorised stays in the UK but more then 28 days before completing that period.

Above statement make me confused to complete 60 months and then apply 28 days before expiring of BRP date?
You can apply within 28 days BEFORE reaching 60 months from date the FLR(M) visa was issued. This is the earliest you can apply
Since BRO expiring mid May, applying in Feb, feels so early. Probably i’m overthinking but your help will ease off confusion.
The latest you can apply is shortly before BRP expiry. There is no trick or confusion or UKVI trying to catch people out.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

standrews

*Penalty for late registration of property*

Post by standrews » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:58 pm

Okay, so when we bought our home, conveyancing solicitor failed to register our property on time, and myself, spouse and solicitor received penalty assessment notice for late registration from Revenue Scotland, for £107. That was paid and settled to Revnue Scotland by the solicitor on their behalf as it was their fault, so we weren’t involved in that, other than receiving the 2 copies of notice to myself and spouse.

Since I’m applying ILR for my spouse, Does that need to be declared in ILR application? Will this have any impact on application?

standrews

Re: *Penalty for late registration of property*

Post by standrews » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:29 am

Has someone got an answer please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:31 am

No effect.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

standrews

Post by standrews » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:38 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:31 am
No effect.
Thanks very much, does it need to be declared? As its not crime related?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:09 pm

No, its a civil matter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

standrews

Post by standrews » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:56 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:09 pm
No, its a civil matter.
Thanks very much. I understand it’s civil matter.

Over the application form, it wouldn’t fall in “A civil penalty issued under UK immigration law”? Is it different?

Sorry just clarifying myself, a little worried.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:49 pm

standrews wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:56 pm
“A civil penalty issued under UK immigration law”
Property registration has nothing to do with immigration law.
Think of it like a bill you paid late and you had to pay a late fee.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

standrews

Post by standrews » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:15 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:49 pm
standrews wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:56 pm
“A civil penalty issued under UK immigration law”
Property registration has nothing to do with immigration law.
Think of it like a bill you paid late and you had to pay a late fee.
Thanks for reassurance. Appreciate for help.