ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ugent my debit card payment failed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

karthik1729
Newly Registered

Ugent my debit card payment failed

Post by karthik1729 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:27 am

Hi All,
I submitted my application to extend my HSMP visa on 16/06/2009, and i just found out that the debit card details are incorrect, as my bank has sent out a visa instead of maestro, and cancelled my old debit card, and since my current HSMP visa expires on 21'st June, and in the possibility of my documents arriving to me beyond 21'st June, I understand that i had to leave UK, and go back to my home country (India), and apply for a Entry Clearance, as soon i receive my passport.
Can any of you please let me know whether i have to use the same form to apply, and to which address i have to send the HSMP/Tier 1 extension for to, if i apply from India?
Do anyone else faced the same situation, and can tell me how long it took to get ur docs back, and whether will they give any time to stay in UK to re-submit my application?

nksg

Post by nksg » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:08 am

Kartik,

I am bit confused.. sorry..

But if you application was sent on 16th June and your bank has issued you a new card, there must be an expiry date on the existing card. if you have keyed the same expiry date(which is passed, provided the details of expired card), its your fault but if this is not the case, dont activate your new card and call up your bank and request them to honour the payment from UKBA. I would call up UKBA after this and explain the situation may be send a bankers draft recorded next day delievery(If bank refuses to entertain your request)....

But if you have decided to go back and file a new application (which i would not recomment) the procedure would be the same as in new application (i.e local VFS).

All the best.

ChetanOjha

Re: Ugent my debit card payment failed

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:19 am

Speak to Bank and explain them situation. Ask them to honour payment request from UKBA. Don't loose your temper while speaking to Bank guys.Tell them that you wil be denied visa and you have to leave the country if bank does not honour the same. I hope bank will understand.
karthik1729 wrote:Hi All,
I submitted my application to extend my HSMP visa on 16/06/2009, and i just found out that the debit card details are incorrect, as my bank has sent out a visa instead of maestro, and cancelled my old debit card, and since my current HSMP visa expires on 21'st June, and in the possibility of my documents arriving to me beyond 21'st June, I understand that i had to leave UK, and go back to my home country (India), and apply for a Entry Clearance, as soon i receive my passport.
Can any of you please let me know whether i have to use the same form to apply, and to which address i have to send the HSMP/Tier 1 extension for to, if i apply from India?
Do anyone else faced the same situation, and can tell me how long it took to get ur docs back, and whether will they give any time to stay in UK to re-submit my application?

karthik1729
Newly Registered

Post by karthik1729 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:24 am

chetanojha wrote:Speak to Bank and explain them situation. Ask them to honour payment request from UKBA. Don't loose your temper while speaking to Bank guys.Tell them that you wil be denied visa and you have to leave the country if bank does not honour the same. I hope bank will understand.

thanks gys for the info, actually wat happened was, they switched the maestro to visa, and the new card tat was sent out, was not yet received by me, n the old card is still valid till april 2010, and infact i paid my postoffice fees using the old/current card!! i got a letter from hsbc that they changed the card from maestro to visa, and i havent received it, and they made my old/current card invalid, without my notification!!

all i am doign is to wait for my docs to return by saturday, otherwise, i have no other option to app from india!!

nksg

Post by nksg » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:56 am

You can call up UKBA and explaining the whole situation and request them to hold payment so you can send the bankers draft... or i am not sure if they take payments over the phone...
karthik1729 wrote:
chetanojha wrote:Speak to Bank and explain them situation. Ask them to honour payment request from UKBA. Don't loose your temper while speaking to Bank guys.Tell them that you wil be denied visa and you have to leave the country if bank does not honour the same. I hope bank will understand.

thanks gys for the info, actually wat happened was, they switched the maestro to visa, and the new card tat was sent out, was not yet received by me, n the old card is still valid till april 2010, and infact i paid my postoffice fees using the old/current card!! i got a letter from hsbc that they changed the card from maestro to visa, and i havent received it, and they made my old/current card invalid, without my notification!!

all i am doign is to wait for my docs to return by saturday, otherwise, i have no other option to app from india!!

kapoor@yahoo.com

Post by kapoor@yahoo.com » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:12 am

HI there,

I did face this issue when I applied for my daughter's Tier1 Visa. UKBA will try to deduct money most likely on same day when they'll recieve the application and if they could not get the money, they'll send the application back without contacting the applicant.

So, in your case, since they recieved the application on 17th June, they would have send it back and you should recieve the application on 18/19th as it is recorded delivery. call UKBA, get the royal mail tracking number and track it. Then you can apply from UK Itself.

It may be a pain to reach UKBA customer service, but dedicate your time for this. any qns, please pm me.

inzellhsw

Post by inzellhsw » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:27 pm

Hi there,

are you banking with HSBC? I also received a letter from them saying they will switch maestro to visa. However, my current debit card is valid till 2010, so they won't send me the new card until the expiry date.

As normal practice, the bank won't disable the existing card without the new card being activated. If I were you, I will just check the balance online now.

Good luck.

karthik1729
Newly Registered

Post by karthik1729 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:03 pm

yes, i am banking with hsbc, and it seems that they ahve sent a letter with the new card, but i am yet to receive it, and even though my current card is valid till april 2010, they made it invalid, as they sent out the new card, i have absolutely no problems with the balance, and infact i can still use this invalid card, in ATM;s and other supermarkets, its only the online transactions that are unsuccessful!

sharathr80
Newly Registered

Post by sharathr80 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:08 pm

karthik1729 wrote:yes, i am banking with hsbc, and it seems that they ahve sent a letter with the new card, but i am yet to receive it, and even though my current card is valid till april 2010, they made it invalid, as they sent out the new card, i have absolutely no problems with the balance, and infact i can still use this invalid card, in ATM;s and other supermarkets, its only the online transactions that are unsuccessful!
Hi Karthik,

I would appreciate if you could let me know the outcome. Do you have an option of applying for Tier1 extension from outhside UK?
Thanks,
Anand