ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa Maintenance Fund

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:52 pm

Sorry - Forgot to mention that, you can also use MULTIPLE accounts if needed to. I had to used 1 account from UK (Natwest bank) and another from Bank of Baroda in India to make up the balance.
x

bonvivz

Re: Tier 1 Application for the Dependents

Post by bonvivz » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:55 pm

raxs1983 wrote:
datastage152902 wrote:Well this was the exact Post Trail I was looking for.:)

I want to get how much of maintainence funds I need to show for my dependents entering in UK.?

I had my Tier 1 done stamped on Nov 17, 2008 from US. I did not travel to UK at all once the TIER 1 was done. I am currently in India since Nov 08. I will be moving to UK in the mid of May 09 to join my current employer there.

When I submitted my Tier 1 application, I had produced the total Maintainence Amount as 2800 + 1600 + 1600 = 6000 Pounds for my spouse and one year old kid as I had anticipated that they will be joining me sooner or later once I find any job there.

I wish to apply the Dependent Visa for my wife and Kid now.

My question is How much funds do I need to show as a proof.
I currently have my Bank account in India under my name , but that will not be holding more than 1500 Pounds at a given point of Time.

My wife's Bank Account is a stable one and that has more than 6000 Pounds at a given moment in the last three months. Can I show this account as means for showing the Maintainence Funds for my wife and my kid.? Though this is not a salary account , but has a general deposits in it.

Or Do I have to convert my wife's account as a Joint Account ,with my name along with it and then submit it.

Quick help from experts like raxs1983, guru and Amit will really help a lot !

Many Thanks for the Reply in Advance

Regards,
Dstage
Welcome to the Forum -

Your query looks to be straight fwd - Here is the advise -

You can use any ACCOUNT to show the maintanance fund which are immeditely accessible to applicant. Let that be Fixed Deposit, Money in the bank account etc etc. It need not to be in the account where salary gets deposited.

You need to show 1600++ GBP per dependent to be on the safer side.

Conclusion - As long as you have 1600GBP per dependent in your account - HELD FOR 3 MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRIOR TO YOUR APPLUCATION. IT "MUST" NOT DIPPED BELOW THE REQUIRED AMOUNT (i.e if you applying for ur spouse+1 kid = 3200GBP should be maintaned in ur ANY bank account for 3 months, immediately prior to your application {max of 30 days old} )

QUESTION - If you showed 6000GBP in your TIER 1 application, why did you not send your dependent's passport ?? it would have been lot easier. Now you are requird to pay 50650 INR for ur spouse' application and may be the same for your kid as well. It will be bit expensive unfortunately

Good luck
x
Raxs,

How is the amount paid in the VFS?.. i mean do they accept cash of that amount? or can we use cards to pay the same?

Cheers,

bon

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:58 pm

I dont think Cards are acceptable. CASH and Demand Draft (few nominated banks do that I believe) is perfectly fine. Bear in your mind it is 50650 INR per dependent. Make your preperation accordingly. What I mean - because amount is more than 50k, it involves all PAN card details/number etc....

ALSO - VERY IMPORTANTLY - See if you can apply from anywhere but BANGLORE. Many fellas here are been waiting for months applying from Banglore/Chennai. My wife applied from ahmedabad and got visa in 4 working days. Also, fw of my friends' wives applied from Mumbai/Delhi and had visas in matter of few working days.

x

datastage152902
Newly Registered

Post by datastage152902 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:46 am

raxs1983 wrote:
Welcome to the Forum -
Thanks Dude. By the Way I was in there forum by user ID - datastage. But somehow its been revoked as I visited after a long time. etc

Your query looks to be straight fwd - Here is the advise -

You can use any ACCOUNT to show the maintanance fund which are immeditely accessible to applicant. Let that be Fixed Deposit, Money in the bank account etc etc. It need not to be in the account where salary gets deposited.
here It means that, applicant is my wife. The Bank account is totally in her name though!. It does not have my name there. So no need of making it as Joint Account ..That's okay right ?. The word "Main Applicant" as defined elsewhere in the guideline and VAF 10 is Me right ?

This account has the least of transactions and it is a Savings account of my wife. Its mainly used to store the dividends

You need to show 1600++ GBP per dependent to be on the safer side.

Conclusion - As long as you have 1600GBP per dependent in your account - HELD FOR 3 MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRIOR TO YOUR APPLICATION. IT "MUST" NOT DIPPED BELOW THE REQUIRED AMOUNT (i.e if you applying for ur spouse+1 kid = 3200GBP should be maintaned in ur ANY bank account for 3 months, immediately prior to your application {max of 30 days old} )

QUESTION - If you showed 6000GBP in your TIER 1 application, why did you not send your dependent's passport ?? it would have been lot easier. Now you are requird to pay 50650 INR for ur spouse' application and may be the same for your kid as well. It will be bit expensive unfortunately

I know , I would have save couple of thousands if I had got my dependents Tier1-ed , if I had done both of them together, But I was not sure whether I would landup in UK :?

Thanks Man, Ahmedabad center looks perfectly fine. Is it still having good processing record ?. I thought AHM center should take time , because of many gujju's (like me ) in UK hailing from AHM. I was thinking of applying in Pune. If it gets processed in couple of days, then nothing great like it!

Please let me know what proofs you submitted for the dependent ?
For my wife and Kid (US Citizen) . I am going to produce the following. I assume I do not have to produce my Passport.
  • Wifes Passport,
    Marriage Certificate,
    Birth Certificate (US),
    Child US Passport

Good luck

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:47 am

datastage152902 wrote:
raxs1983 wrote:
Thanks Dude. By the Way I was in there forum by user ID - datastage. But somehow its been revoked as I visited after a long time. etc

Yet again a warm welcome with ur new name ;)
here It means that, applicant is my wife. The Bank account is totally in her name though!. It does not have my name there. So no need of making it as Joint Account ..That's okay right ?. The word "Main Applicant" as defined elsewhere in the guideline and VAF 10 is Me right ?

This account has the least of transactions and it is a Savings account of my wife. Its mainly used to store the dividends

ANS 1 - If your wife is applying, a bank account under her name is perfectly fine. Adding your name may create a problem 9eg - if HO decide to ring your bank to check credentials, and your bank will tell them that your name was recently added etc etc) SO, in a nut shell - account under your wife' name is okay

ANS 2 - VAF 10 refering to Main applicant is your wife. HOWEVER - due to stupid english - SECTION/PART 7 refers Main Applicant as YOU (Mr X)

ANS 3 - Even if your account has no transactions but single entry it is fine. I dont see any reasons for any sort of problem.

I know , I would have save couple of thousands if I had got my dependents Tier1-ed , if I had done both of them together, But I was not sure whether I would landup in UK :?

Please let me know what proofs you submitted for the dependent ?
For my wife and Kid (US Citizen) . I am going to produce the following. I assume I do not have to produce my Passport.

Good luck
Wifes Passport, - YES
A few wedding photos may help or should i say won't harm :)
Marriage Certificate, - YES
Birth Certificate (US), - YES
Child US Passport - ??? IF your child has a US passport, are you allowed to apply from INDIA ?? Check on that please, I am not sure with that. May be seniors can help.

As I quoted previosuly - my other half applied from AHmedabad and got hers visa in 4 working days. So its just a reccomendation.
Plenty of luck mate
x

bonvivz

Thanks

Post by bonvivz » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:15 am

raxs1983 wrote:I dont think Cards are acceptable. CASH and Demand Draft (few nominated banks do that I believe) is perfectly fine. Bear in your mind it is 50650 INR per dependent. Make your preperation accordingly. What I mean - because amount is more than 50k, it involves all PAN card details/number etc....

ALSO - VERY IMPORTANTLY - See if you can apply from anywhere but BANGLORE. Many fellas here are been waiting for months applying from Banglore/Chennai. My wife applied from ahmedabad and got visa in 4 working days. Also, fw of my friends' wives applied from Mumbai/Delhi and had visas in matter of few working days.

x
Thanks for the reply Raxs!.. I will be applying from Hyderabad, you must be aware of the the thread on Waiting times for dependant visa, it is taking ages for a user worldpeace applied for the dependant visa, but I can consider it as a one-off case, 'coz I myself when I applied for my wife in 2008 it took 3 weeks.

worldpeace

Got dependent Visa

Post by worldpeace » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:22 pm

All,

Finally we received our passports today, with the stamping :)

Tier 1 Dependents
Date of application 16th March 09
Date of receiving 29th April 09
Applied from VFS Hyderabad.
Total time taken about 5.3 weeks

This should give a ray of hope to all those who are waiting.

Good luck to all.

r_arun53
Newly Registered

Post by r_arun53 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:32 pm

Hi all

I applied Dependent Visa for My wife in Chennai VFS

The Date Applied : 2nd June 2009
Status Changed : 4th June 2009 (Delivered to blue Dart)
Received
passport With EC : 5th June 2009

Total Time taken : Just 3 days

The List of Documents Submitted

1) VAF-10
2) Sponser Letter
3) Covering Letter
4) Copy of EC from My passport
5) My Wife Passport
6) Proof of marriage( Marriage Certificate, Few marriage photos, Wedding invitation in English)
7) Employment proof (Offer Letter,reference letter, 6 months Pay slip, Form P60)
8) Residence proof (Rental Agreement along with Inventory report for house, Couple of Utilities Bill)
9) Bank Statements (For the 4 months maitaining £1600 as i am in UK for <12 months. We also maintained 1.5 Lakhs in my wife's account as well though it is not mandatory)
10) Visa fee of 50650
Those who are concerned about mehandhi ( My wife applied mehandhi on her hands leaving inner hand (palm and fingers))

Wish you Good Luck

Ta

Arun R

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Jedi001 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:10 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to apply for my dependants (wife+kid) this september, btw I got my visa done Jan 09 - validity: march 09 to march 12. Landed here on march 14th and got a job after 1 month of search....In sept i will complete 6 months in UK and will apply for visa for my dependants.

Questions:

1. Do I need 1600 * 2 = 3200 + 2800 £ as Maintenance Fund?
2. Or do I need 1600 * 2 = 3200 + 800 £ as Maintenance Fund?

Please help...any advice on this really appreciated!!

Cheers
Jedi001

GoforUK

Post by GoforUK » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:11 am

You need 1600 * 2 = 3200 + 800 £ as Maintenance Fund.
Submitted on:4th Feb,Chennai
UK ADMIRER

push

Post by push » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:25 am

GoforUK wrote:You need 1600 * 2 = 3200 + 800 £ as Maintenance Fund.
He has been in uk for less than a year. Why do you say £800?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Jedi001 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:52 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
GoforUK wrote:You need 1600 * 2 = 3200 + 800 £ as Maintenance Fund.
He has been in uk for less than a year. Why do you say £800?
Please clarify this doubt...I would request those people who have applied for their dependants and were in similar situation....
Regards
Jedi001

letmec2006

Hi

Post by letmec2006 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:13 pm

Is there any more dependant applicants showed maintainence fund just for the dependant alone (nothing for main applicant like £2800 or £800) and got visa approval. There had been few in June I wonder if there are any recently.

Please update

Thanks

sajidzaidi

Post by sajidzaidi » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:54 pm

what in my case. I have still not left for UK. but mine and two dependents have a sucessful appeal. how much does mainenence funds are req for my second chile (new application case)

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:54 am

hi,

i am in the uk on Tier 1 general (previous hsmp). I came to the uk in Jan 2004 and converted into initial HSMP in Jan 2007. Now i have extended my visa on tier 1 general and i still have 3 years left. I am getting married this Jan 2010. Coulld someone please let me know do i or my fiancee have to show maintaience funds. Also could someone please give me the guidelines as what i need to get her immidiately after marriage along with me please?

Thanks

tvomp2
Newly Registered

Joint Account of my wife with her mother

Post by tvomp2 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:49 am

Dear Members,
My case for Tier 1 is gone for Administrative Review as the bank statements submitted by me were electronic duly stamped without bearing logo. I submitted proofs of Rs. 6,70,000 for main applicant. In the other account maintained at HSBC (India) I submitted a joint statement of Time deposit a/c no. 052 and current account 006. The time deposit had a fixed amount of 3 lacs which ECO overlooked and just saw only 006 and commented on that. Any way I hope to get it through.
Now I want the senior members to suggest that my wife has FDR in the joint name of her as well as her mother. Can that be considered for maintenance funds?
Also Do i need to send the FDR or a letter from the bank manager stating that she has adequate funds for the last one year or so ?
Also If I get a letter from the bank that my wife has been sanctioned a loan amount of say Rs. 5 lacs which she can use at any time, will it work
Thanks,
TVOMP2

push

Re: Joint Account of my wife with her mother

Post by push » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:04 am

Strictly speaking, admin review, as the name itself suggests, is a review of the process undertaken while assesing one's application i.e. BBC verifies whether the case worker followed relevant guidelines or not. One is therefore normally not advised/required/allowed to submit any addition evidence, unless it is some supporting or explanatory proof of the documents submitted originally.
tvomp2 wrote:Dear Members,
My case for Tier 1 is gone for Administrative Review as the bank statements submitted by me were electronic duly stamped without bearing logo. I submitted proofs of Rs. 6,70,000 for main applicant. In the other account maintained at HSBC (India) I submitted a joint statement of Time deposit a/c no. 052 and current account 006. The time deposit had a fixed amount of 3 lacs which ECO overlooked and just saw only 006 and commented on that. Any way I hope to get it through.
Now I want the senior members to suggest that my wife has FDR in the joint name of her as well as her mother. Can that be considered for maintenance funds?
Also Do i need to send the FDR or a letter from the bank manager stating that she has adequate funds for the last one year or so ?
Also If I get a letter from the bank that my wife has been sanctioned a loan amount of say Rs. 5 lacs which she can use at any time, will it work
Thanks,
TVOMP2
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

tvomp2
Newly Registered

Re: Joint Account of my wife with her mother

Post by tvomp2 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:48 pm

Thanks Moderator. In my case I submitted the stamped and signed bank statement (Amount 3.69 lacs)as per the norms mentioned in tier 1 guidance which state that 'Alternatively Electronic Bank Statements duly stamped will be accepted', but ECO wanted a supportive letter from bank. In the other statement the FDR (3.07 lacs) was in the demat form and was not a physical document and was mentioned along with the saving account which she did not even look at. can i be given a chance to clear the facts?
Thanks for your reply once again.
TVOMP2
push wrote:Strictly speaking, admin review, as the name itself suggests, is a review of the process undertaken while assesing one's application i.e. BBC verifies whether the case worker followed relevant guidelines or not. One is therefore normally not advised/required/allowed to submit any addition evidence, unless it is some supporting or explanatory proof of the documents submitted originally.
tvomp2 wrote:Dear Members,
Thanks,
TVOMP2