ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension and complication on maintenance funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

poolhond
Newly Registered

HSMP Extension and complication on maintenance funds

Post by poolhond » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:01 pm

I am in the UK and my HSMP Visa is up for renewal in mid-Feb. One of the requirements for renewal is the requirement for at least £800 in my account for the past 3 months up to the time of renewal application. This means that I need to have had £800 in my account from October to December 2009.

Due to a period of being out of work from August 2009 to commencing work in December 2009, I have been unable to have the £800 in my account. Are there any exceptions to the rule that is accepted by the Home Office for the maintenance funds? I meet all other criteria that are needed to extend the HSMP Visa.

Has anyone had a similar experience or is able to advise or share experiences.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP Extension and complication on maintenance funds

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:18 pm

poolhond wrote:I am in the UK and my HSMP Visa is up for renewal in mid-Feb. One of the requirements for renewal is the requirement for at least £800 in my account for the past 3 months up to the time of renewal application. This means that I need to have had £800 in my account from October to December 2009.

Due to a period of being out of work from August 2009 to commencing work in December 2009, I have been unable to have the £800 in my account. Are there any exceptions to the rule that is accepted by the Home Office for the maintenance funds? I meet all other criteria that are needed to extend the HSMP Visa.

Unfortunately, there are no exceptions in case of maintenance fund. You have to maintain the required amount £800 in this case for complete three months and not a single penny less.

You can even show funds in your home country.

All the best.

push

Re: HSMP Extension and complication on maintenance funds

Post by push » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:05 pm

poolhond wrote:I am in the UK and my HSMP Visa is up for renewal in mid-Feb. One of the requirements for renewal is the requirement for at least £800 in my account for the past 3 months up to the time of renewal application. This means that I need to have had £800 in my account from October to December 2009.

do u have any other bank account? anywhere?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

poolhond
Newly Registered

Post by poolhond » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:10 pm

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately whilst I have an account in my native South Africa, it does not have sufficient funds to make up the difference.

push

Post by push » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:27 pm

poolhond wrote:Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately whilst I have an account in my native South Africa, it does not have sufficient funds to make up the difference.
Unfortunately,availability of funds as prescribed in the rules is an absolute necessity.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer