ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAR file- What to write

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xyz123

SAR file- What to write

Post by xyz123 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi
I want to obtain SAR file from homeoffice. i have looked information on website and know the address and fee etc.

can someone please tell me, what do i actually write in the letter. on their website they say that provide drivers licence, passport and other informaiton plus identify what you want? if someone has applied can they please help me with format?

thanks

settler
Newly Registered

Post by settler » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:09 pm

To,
The Concerned Officer,
The UK Border Agency (UKBA),
Subject Access Bureau (SAB) ,
Information Management Directorate,
Data Protection Unit,
Lunar House,
40 Wellesley Road,
Croydon CR9 2BY.
Subject: "Data Protection Act 1998 - Subject Access Request"
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am.......... and applied for .....(hsmp)or...........on......and my ref no is ...........I would be grateful if you could disclose the entire contents of my file starting from........to....... I enclose a cheque for £10.
My address is:

HSMPgafla

Post by HSMPgafla » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:38 pm

Hi,
i wrote the letter with postal order on 2nd june.
I i still havent received acknoledgement letter from HO.
do we really get acknoledgement letter or we get our file straight away withiin 40 days?

durian

Post by durian » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:07 pm

When I applied for SAR in March, I gave the passport numbers which I had previously used to enter the UK, and provided the reason for requesting SAR which was to assist in my forthcoming application for ILR. My previous ILR application had been rejected so I asked for all information they had which was used to come to thsi decision. Also asked for was records of all my entries into the UK (landing card etc.)

I received a big envelope from UKBA (postage stamp £2.70) 10 days letter containing photocopies of all the applications they've had from me, and letters of correspondence between the solicitor and the Home Office. They also included computer printout of notes made between the caseworker and the senior caseworker (names blackened out). Surprisingly, they only had 2 of the tens of landing cards I'd completed over the last 10 years!

CatCityGal
Newly Registered

Post by CatCityGal » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:03 pm

Hi Durian,

how long do you have to wait for them to gather all the information for you? Also, did you include an envelope and stamp?

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:02 pm

Expect atleast 4 week. Send your letter by recorded delivery so that it can be processed quickly.
CatCityGal wrote:Hi Durian,

how long do you have to wait for them to gather all the information for you? Also, did you include an envelope and stamp?