ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

retain right of residence after divorce

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sleeper

Post by sleeper » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:11 pm

Why do I need insurance? We were both employed during our marrige,and had rights to use NHS services for free. I'm planning to send them my 5 years P60 + payslips covering 5 years from the date of marrige.

raoulll

Post by raoulll » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:05 pm

sleeper wrote:Why do I need insurance? We were both employed during our marrige,and had rights to use NHS services for free. I'm planning to send them my 5 years P60 + payslips covering 5 years from the date of marrige.

i'm little be confused about it,that's way i want you opinion about my case
supposed that i retain my right after divorced wife who i lived with her over 3 years in uk (i didn't work the first year,she worked these 3 years)
when i apply for my PR,what i should submit for covering this first year her document proving that she was working or i have to start count 5 years from the year i start working!?

raoulll

Post by raoulll » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:37 pm

raoulll wrote:
sleeper wrote:Why do I need insurance? We were both employed during our marrige,and had rights to use NHS services for free. I'm planning to send them my 5 years P60 + payslips covering 5 years from the date of marrige.

i'm little be confused about it,that's way i want you opinion about my case
supposed that i retain my right after divorced wife who i lived with her over 3 years in uk (i didn't work the first year,she worked these 3 years)
when i apply for my PR,what i should submit for covering this first year her document proving that she was working or i have to start count 5 years from the year i start working!?
come on sleeper!!!

sleeper

Post by sleeper » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:30 am

Not sure what do you need to provide for the 1st year when you didn't work. They might ask you to provide Comp. Insurance. I applied with EEA2 as I haven't completed my 5 yrs after marrige yet.

raoulll

Post by raoulll » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:52 am

sleeper wrote:Not sure what do you need to provide for the 1st year when you didn't work. They might ask you to provide Comp. Insurance. I applied with EEA2 as I haven't completed my 5 yrs after marrige yet.
hi sleeper,what do you think if i give them prove that my ex was working that time(we were couple that time)and the rest i was working (4years)?
and i just whant to know when you going to apply for pr after completing 5 years or 28 days before that?.

thanks.

Lookingfor
Newly Registered

retain right of residence

Post by Lookingfor » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:35 pm

hi guys.
can let me please about how i got right of retain.
i was married with eea national october 2003. i got visa april 2004 for 5 years. at marriage time we were together but after 2 year we become seprate . even she is vary friendly with me still now .
last year i applied for PR. but its was refuse in april 2010. due to we not living together . and 2nd she wast in this country. but i can prove she was in this country. since 2003.
my solictor apllied for apeal. next month i hav hearing on 14 july. what shell i do ?
my solictor want to withdrw apeal and wanna apply for retain right of residence. my divorce in process . i applied for decree nisi last month i didt hear any thing from court yet. how long it take ?
shell i attiend court and tell them my divorce in process?
or what shell i do ?

youcrane
Newly Registered

Post by youcrane » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:42 pm

sleeper wrote:To Raoulll: Yes just one letter and her WRS registration certificate. P60 for 4 years + all payslips (4 years).
Hi sleeper, thank you very much for taking time to answer everyones questions, it's very good of you.
I am in the very same situation as you, I am now divorced, but my ex-husband is self employed.
Please can you answer me; Are the P60 for 4 years (and payslips) you provided yours or your ex-wifes?
Thanks

sleeper

Post by sleeper » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:59 pm

My payslips+
Letter from her employer

youcrane
Newly Registered

Post by youcrane » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:12 am

sleeper wrote:My payslips+
Letter from her employer
Thank you very, very much for reply!

noodles

Post by noodles » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:15 am

Hi all,
I've read about some EEA4 applicants being issued with a further 5 years RC. Since PR is automatic after 5 years, Will this person be able to apply for BC one year after or does the person have to wait another 5 years then apply for PR?

noodles

Post by noodles » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:10 pm

noodles wrote:Hi all,
I've read about some EEA4 applicants being issued with a further 5 years RC. Since PR is automatic after 5 years, Will this person be able to apply for BC one year after or does the person have to wait another 5 years then apply for PR?
Any ideas?

jackEM

Post by jackEM » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:39 pm

One can apply for PR after 5 years, regardless of what you get...
One need to just prove that via documents...
And one can apply for BC straight away after one of attaining PR status...

RC & PR are the confirmation of one's rights....and these make it easier to apply for BC, thats all.

Dashuketa
Newly Registered

Post by Dashuketa » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi! Does anyone know if it is worth applying for a Retained right of residence if my EEA national ex husband (we've been married for more than 3 years) has had a criminal record during that time of marriage? (Thats one of the reasons of our divorce, he also has drinking problems). Is it going to be a problem? I've been working full time during our marriage all the time.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:36 pm

Provided you are divorced and can show he was a qualified person at time of divorce, you should be fine. Given the fact that he has alcohol problem, chances are, you may have difficulty proving this
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors