ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Interview

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Passport Interview

Post by RAJ2007 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:51 pm

I have a quick question to ask.

I rang IPS today and got the booking reference required to book the passport interview. I managed to book the interview for tomorrow. Now I haven't got the letter from IPS with the booking no. yet. IPS told me that I don't need to wait for the letter. My reference no. is sufficient to appear for the interview. Would I face any problem at the interview office? Do I need to carry any ID with me?

1963British

Post by 1963British » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:12 pm

Do not have an answer but would appreciate answer too.

Can you give a timeline as to;

How did you apply?

When did you apply?

Do you know when they received?

When did you call?

What did you ask for?

Sounds like it was easy to get an appointment

Thanks.

yusfaith

Re: Passport Interview

Post by yusfaith » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:21 pm

RAJ2007 wrote:I have a quick question to ask.

I rang IPS today and got the booking reference required to book the passport interview. I managed to book the interview for tomorrow. Now I haven't got the letter from IPS with the booking no. yet. IPS told me that I don't need to wait for the letter. My reference no. is sufficient to appear for the interview. Would I face any problem at the interview office? Do I need to carry any ID with me?
Have you received your document back from passport office and if yes, how long does it take to get that back from the day you submitted your application.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:05 pm

Hi Raj,

How did the interview go? Did they ask you for the interview letter?

Regards
Magsi

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:07 pm

Magsi,

Interview went well. they didn't ask for the letter, only asked for the reference no. Same questions asked, as mentioned in this forum. I would like to say big thank you to this forum. If Iwas not prepared then it would caused problem for me. Interview over by 5-7 minutes. They didn't ask for the letter. Have you received your passport?

I have mentioned my timeline in the Timeline for naturalisation topic.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:13 pm

I called IPS today they have my application on the system but saying i have to wait for the reference number when i receive my letter so they wouldn't give it to me?

Can you please keep us posted on to which version passport you receive?

Very well done and good luck.
Magsi