ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA response regarding extension applications post Apr'11

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

martincyy

Re: Another reply from UKBA

Post by martincyy » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:37 am

viki83 wrote:
That is the reason I posted this information as it is from authentic source. At least people can do an effort to google his name to know he is not a "Customer Advisor". I don't get any personal gains posting this information which in any case is encouraging. I knew others would be going through same phase as I am as day before yesterday, we were all in uncertainty and confusion. At least contacting him gave us a chance to relax and think positive for a few months. I never expected he would reply but he did. One more thing to notice is the news regarding closure of tier 1 general when first posted in the morning yesterday was without any mention of transitional arrangements. I think the news was updated sometimes in afternoon after many people must have bombarded Mr Jackson with a flood of mails. I posted this information regarding transitional arrangements well before it was on UKBA site.
I can't agree with you more. At least this is the first time we heard some positive news from a UKBA policy officer. Thank you very much for the information. And I have two points to add.
1. It seems the UKBA did update the original news about the scrap of T1 oversea application. But the sentence they added is "There will be transitional arrangements beyond 6 April 2011 for some applicants who are already in the UK". The word "some" looks a bit ambiguous to me.
2. I read the link about Richard Jackson you provided. It seems when T2 came into force, some organisations worked pretty hard to ensure there would be reasonable transitional arrangements for Work Permit holders. But it seems now there are not many organisations representing exsiting T1 holders apart from HSMP forum, and that's why T1 got abandoned by the government. Maybe we should make our voices louder.

viki83

Post by viki83 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:48 am

martincyy wrote:
viki83 wrote:
That is the reason I posted this information as it is from authentic source. At least people can do an effort to google his name to know he is not a "Customer Advisor". I don't get any personal gains posting this information which in any case is encouraging. I knew others would be going through same phase as I am as day before yesterday, we were all in uncertainty and confusion. At least contacting him gave us a chance to relax and think positive for a few months. I never expected he would reply but he did. One more thing to notice is the news regarding closure of tier 1 general when first posted in the morning yesterday was without any mention of transitional arrangements. I think the news was updated sometimes in afternoon after many people must have bombarded Mr Jackson with a flood of mails. I posted this information regarding transitional arrangements well before it was on UKBA site.
I can't agree with you more. At least this is the first time we heard some positive news from a UKBA policy officer. Thank you very much for the information. And I have two points to add.
1. It seems the UKBA did update the original news about the scrap of T1 oversea application. But the sentence they added is "There will be transitional arrangements beyond 6 April 2011 for some applicants who are already in the UK". The word "some" looks a bit ambiguous to me.
2. I read the link about Richard Jackson you provided. It seems when T2 came into force, some organisations worked pretty hard to ensure there would be reasonable transitional arrangements for Work Permit holders. But it seems now there are not many organisations representing exsiting T1 holders apart from HSMP forum, and that's why T1 got abandoned by the government. Maybe we should make our voices louder.
Just relax. Yes the page was soon updated after I kept on mailing Richard Jackson. There wasn't any mention of transitional arrangements when the news came first. No need to worry there will definitely be transitional arrangements for extensions according to mail I got from same guy in case you missed:

Dear Mr Zafar,

Thank you for your e-mail. There will be transitional arrangements for
those who are already in the UK under Tier 1 (General) and are seeking
extensions. We will announce details of these transitional arrangements
on our website early in 2011.

Regards,
Richard

Richard Jackson
Immigration Policy
UK Border Agency
PO Box 3468, Sheffield, S3 8WA

Another mail:

It will probably mean the same criteria, but it is too early to say.
Look out for further announcements on our website.

Regards,
Richard

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:11 pm

martincyy wrote:
viki83 wrote:
Completely agree with you and viki83. We must be sharing any updates and rational thoughts affecting majority. Whatever the situation, no abusive or personal comments should be made. I hope that UKBA will soon update their website with correct information.

lesbere
- thin ice -

Post by lesbere » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:56 pm

viki83 wrote:
martincyy wrote:
viki83 wrote:
Just relax. Yes the page was soon updated after I kept on mailing Richard Jackson. There wasn't any mention of transitional arrangements when the news came first. No need to worry there will definitely be transitional arrangements for extensions according to mail I got from same guy in case you missed:

Dear Mr Zafar,

Thank you for your e-mail. There will be transitional arrangements for
those who are already in the UK under Tier 1 (General) and are seeking
extensions. We will announce details of these transitional arrangements
on our website early in 2011.

Regards,
Richard

Richard Jackson
Immigration Policy
UK Border Agency

Another mail:

It will probably mean the same criteria, but it is too early to say.
Look out for further announcements on our website.

Regards,
Richard
This ius very reassuring. They do not want to spell it out completely, but its obvious the rules will remain the same. They know they will be challenged in court and as such are very careful with their language.
Every information is welcome as long as it is not scaremongering. Once again thanks Vicki!

skar123
Newly Registered

Post by skar123 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:07 pm

Looking at the discussion, I have a question. Did anyone thought of what could be the transitional arrangement?

Will it be a transition to Tier 2!!! or will there be any new category of visa created and we will be transitioned?

My intention here is not to confuse people but, to share the thought process!!!

Hope everything will be fine and we all will be provided extension under the existing rules :?

push

Post by push » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:34 pm

skar123 wrote:Looking at the discussion, I have a question. Did anyone thought of what could be the transitional arrangement?

Will it be a transition to Tier 2!!! or will there be any new category of visa created and we will be transitioned?

Hope everything will be fine and we all will be provided extension under the existing rules :?
I guess this is the type of message sushdmehta was referring to. Just when people start feeling relieved someone comes up with an unsettling message which is no more than a speculation.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

talentedWE

Post by talentedWE » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:57 am

push wrote:
skar123 wrote:Looking at the discussion, I have a question. Did anyone thought of what could be the transitional arrangement?

I guess this is the type of message sushdmehta was referring to. Just when people start feeling relieved someone comes up with an unsettling message which is no more than a speculation.
You are right Push. When they say some, they mean to say those 3/4 Tier 1 who dont abuse the system. They are more worried abt 1/3rd who dont pay taxes and NI on their earning. As long as we keep paying taxes and go by one job rule we are safe.

rajaram20

Post by rajaram20 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:49 pm

talentedWE wrote:
push wrote:

You are right Push. When they say some, they mean to say those 3/4 Tier 1 who dont abuse the system. They are more worried abt 1/3rd who dont pay taxes and NI on their earning. As long as we keep paying taxes and go by one job rule we are safe.
Another interpretation of the word "some" in UKBA statement. To be frank, noone know what the transistional arrangement would be and for who.

Based on the response so far from UKBA personnel and other sources like Solicitors - existing Tier 1 (General) holders are safe. All the discussions and information from UKBA has been positive so far (referring to emails). Let's hope for the best and stop interpreting the words in UKBA website.

Btw there are no word "some" in Damien Green's statement. Let's wait and see what the outcome will be early next month.

talentedWE - When you say "they" - who are you referring to ? I assume UKBA. If that's the case is it not a mere speculation again ? especially when you support Push's statement. !

Merry Christmas Guys !!!

push

Post by push » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:07 pm

rajaram20 wrote: talentedWE - When you say "they" - who are you referring to ? I assume UKBA. If that's the case is it not a mere speculation again ? especially when you support Push's statement. !

Merry Christmas Guys !!!
I too was confused by the statement but chose not to say anything.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

main_2
Newly Registered

Post by main_2 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:38 am

Hı,
One more positive message from UKBA which was posted on another topic
http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=71844

regards

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:45 am

seems like lots of stalling tactics going on by UKBA

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:12 am

Yes, this really is dragging on now. I really hope we hear something today or tomorrow.

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:18 am

I am eagerly waiting for the decision..its Feb 10 and no news... :(

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:37 am

Why are we in such a rush? The rules are likely to be more restrictive. If they take longer to come up with the rules, maybe they'll have to delay the implementation date too. And if they do that, more of us will get our extensions or reach ILR before the rule changes come into force.

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:54 am

goldfish wrote:Why are we in such a rush? The rules are likely to be more restrictive. If they take longer to come up with the rules, maybe they'll have to delay the implementation date too. And if they do that, more of us will get our extensions or reach ILR before the rule changes come into force.
This is very unlikely. The 5 April date has already been publicised heavily in the press. The government would hate to push this date back any further.

What is more likely is that we will be given less time to prepare. If we get the rules by first week of March, we will have approximately 5 weeks to prepare for the new rules.

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:55 am

cuberoot wrote:
goldfish wrote:Why are we in such a rush? The rules are likely to be more restrictive. If they take longer to come up with the rules, maybe they'll have to delay the implementation date too. And if they do that, more of us will get our extensions or reach ILR before the rule changes come into force.
This is very unlikely. The 5 April date has already been publicised heavily in the press. The government would hate to push this date back any further.

What is more likely is that we will be given less time to prepare. If we get the rules by first week of March, we will have approximately 5 weeks to prepare for the new rules.
I absolutely agree to you cuberoot

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:05 pm

cuberoot wrote:This is very unlikely. The 5 April date has already been publicised heavily in the press. The government would hate to push this date back any further.

Good point.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:05 pm

why not just wait and let them publish before we speculate. What possibly can go wrong. Worst come worst, we will have to leave UK, isn't that so. chill peeps

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:07 pm

innocentdevil wrote:why not just wait and let them publish before we speculate. What possibly can go wrong. Worst come worst, we will have to leave UK, isn't that so. chill peeps
That's the attitude UKBA people want to see in all of us. Docile, quiet, unlikely to protest.

I am afraid, such an attitude will not make them take into account our concerns.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:37 am

but rushing them will not make any difference, will it. all we are doing are just talking about it. do UKBA regularly monitor this forum for our concerns, if not, what are we doing about it. Are we sending any letters or anything to them to make them listen.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:47 am

innocentdevil wrote:but rushing them will not make any difference, will it. all we are doing are just talking about it. do UKBA regularly monitor this forum for our concerns, if not, what are we doing about it. Are we sending any letters or anything to them to make them listen.
That's the point: a lot of people ARE sending them the letters! And they are forced to respond.

Mind you: Green recently testified in the House of Commons. One thing he said was that there was a concern raised about the effect of closure of Tier 1 on those inside the country. And then he said that there would be transitional arrangements put in place for such people.

If UKBA were not constantly pestered about this issue, I don't think such arrangements would be introduced.

Manas

Post by Manas » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:59 am

ukswus wrote:
innocentdevil wrote:but rushing them will not make any difference, will it. all we are doing are just talking about it. do UKBA regularly monitor this forum for our concerns, if not, what are we doing about it. Are we sending any letters or anything to them to make them listen.
That's the point: a lot of people ARE sending them the letters! And they are forced to respond.

Mind you: Green recently testified in the House of Commons. One thing he said was that there was a concern raised about the effect of closure of Tier 1 on those inside the country. And then he said that there would be transitional arrangements put in place for such people.

If UKBA were not constantly pestered about this issue, I don't think such arrangements would be introduced.
I wonder whether there is a difference in opinion amongst the Coalition partners wrt the future course of action of this government for Tier1 (G) migrants already within UK, which might be another cause for the delay in decision making. Particularly, Mr. Vince Cable was dead against all the harsh Immigration measures the Tories are pursuing.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:19 am

fair enough. I did send them the emails and I am the one who started this thread but there comes a time when one is trying to flog a dead horse to someone who isn't interested.

but if it works then good for us. fingers crossed.

viki83

Reply from Richard Jackson

Post by viki83 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:46 pm

Dear Waqar,

Sorry for the delay but unfortunately, no, it will not be this week. Announcements and publications have to be co-ordinated across the whole of Government, and sometimes there are last-minute changes to the schedule which are beyond our control. The Statement of Intent will still be published by the end of February, but it will not be this week. We do have a new date pencilled in, but I am reluctant to say exactly when it is just in case it changes again.

Regards,
Richard
Richard Jackson
Immigration Policy
UK Border Agency

viki83

Post by viki83 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:47 pm

I wonder what could be the reason for "last minute changes"