ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired passport and NCS appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

summersky
Newly Registered

Expired passport and NCS appointment

Post by summersky » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:26 pm

Hi,

My daughter's Non-UK/EU passport has expired on 1st July 2011. We contacted our embassy in London to extend it but the earliest appointment we get is 9th August. The NCS appointment is on 10th. Shall we still go ahead and make the application? My daughter is 3 years old, born outside of the UK while we were on Tier1 visa. Now we all have ILRs. Would an expire passport with ILR visa do the work or do I need to postpone the NCS app?

Any advice is more then welcome.

Thanks.

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:35 pm

Expired passport means passport is no longer valid. That's why it has a validity.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:47 pm

Expired passport with ILR should be okay.
Last edited by vinny on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tom1
Newly Registered

Re: Expired passport and NCS appointment

Post by tom1 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:07 pm

summersky wrote:Hi,

My daughter's Non-UK/EU passport has expired on 1st July 2011. We contacted our embassy in London to extend it but the earliest appointment we get is 9th August. The NCS appointment is on 10th. Shall we still go ahead and make the application? My daughter is 3 years old, born outside of the UK while we were on Tier1 visa. Now we all have ILRs. Would an expire passport with ILR visa do the work or do I need to postpone the NCS app?

Any advice is more then welcome.

Thanks.
yes you can go for ncs with expired passports in our case passport expired for more then 6 months and the only problem was that you have to prove that you were present here for last 1 years if u have proof then go ahead

Need-help
Newly Registered

Post by Need-help » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:46 pm

My passport was also expired, I need to give NCS/Homeoffice a letter from my employer, my salary slips for the months after my passport expiry and P60.

In case of your daughter you need to find a way to proof that she is living in UK since passport expiry.

Call NCS and ask them they will tell you what you can provide as a proof.

summersky
Newly Registered

Post by summersky » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:48 pm

That's a bit weird thing to proof. She is just 3 years old, she cannot travel on her on. From the parent's passports they can see that we haven't left the UK since 1st of July (my daughter's passport expiry date). So by default, if we haven't left the country, it should be a proof on its own that our daughter has also not been away from the UK since 1st of July.

In theory, she could travel with any adult as long as we give a written consent but again, how could she travel with an expired passport...

Anyway, I will give a call to NCS tomorrow and share the information with the forum.

Th
Need-help wrote:My passport was also expired, I need to give NCS/Homeoffice a letter from my employer, my salary slips for the months after my passport expiry and P60.

In case of your daughter you need to find a way to proof that she is living in UK since passport expiry.

Call NCS and ask them they will tell you what you can provide as a proof.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:13 pm

You can't travel with an expired passport but if you got a new one, you could have travelled on that one but claim you don't have a new one.

There are no residence requirements for a child 3 years old so as long as they accept her expired passport as proof of ID, there is no need for a valid passport as proof of residence.

summersky
Newly Registered

expired passport accepted in ncs appointment

Post by summersky » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:48 pm

just came back today from NCS appointment and my daughter's expired passport has been accepted in Naturalisation application as proof of ID and UK residency. No additional document was needed to cover the time between now and the expiry date.

Nazia88

Re: expired passport accepted in ncs appointment

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:28 am

summersky wrote:just came back today from NCS appointment and my daughter's expired passport has been accepted in Naturalisation application as proof of ID and UK residency. No additional document was needed to cover the time between now and the expiry date.
thats good and goodluck for processing and hope it will approval soon and aslo hope you dont have to wait like me.
NAZIA XX