ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abyss201
Newly Registered

Post by abyss201 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:17 pm

Recd RC today!!
timelines:
Applied 02/06/11
COA recd 14/07/11
RC recd 08/09/11 dt 11/08/11

Applied as married to EU national. EU national working full time.

All the best to everyone else!!

Godson

Post by Godson » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:07 pm

abyss201 wrote:Recd RC today!!
timelines:
Applied 02/06/11
COA recd 14/07/11
RC recd 08/09/11 dt 11/08/11

Applied as married to EU national. EU national working full time.

All the best to everyone else!!
Congract! Enjoy ya Rc

Godson

Post by Godson » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:17 pm

Scarlett82 wrote:Here's an update on mine and my husbands application. :)

Application sent 09/06/11 (married to EU citizen)
HO received 10/06/11
COA received about a month later (sorry can't remember eaxct date)
RC received 05/09/11!! :)

With our application we sent a pre-paid special delivery envelope, but the good old UKBA decided to ignore this and send the application by 2nd class, recorded delivery... I was quite annoyed about this! I'm not sure if the fact that the address on the pre-paid envelope was my work address (application was for my husband) had anything to do with it. The reason we did this was simply because we thought that receiving it all at my workplace would be easier and safer.

The RC is dated 15/08 - 3 weeks before we actually received it... I think it's a disgrace that it takes them this long to send off the RCs! Especially if you send a pre-paid envelope with your application! You would think that all they need to do is put everything in the envelope and send it off, but I guess that would make things too easy...

Anyway - good luck to everyone who is still waiting! Try to be patient! :)

Firstly congract on your husband RC. Secondly ukba didn't ask people to use pre-paid envelop in there application. People just made that up. Because for ukba to use any pre-paid envelop? That's means they charged applicants 5.50 pound for delievery. Which is wrong.

Thanks
Godson

bazieres
Newly Registered

Post by bazieres » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:51 pm

Godson wrote: Firstly congract on your husband RC. Secondly ukba didn't ask people to use pre-paid envelop in there application. People just made that up. Because for ukba to use any pre-paid envelop? That's means they charged applicants 5.50 pound for delievery. Which is wrong.

Thanks
Godson
Nobody made it up, it's on their website:

"PLEASE NOTE: If you require your valuable documents to be returned to you by secure post you should enclose a pre-paid self-addressed Royal Mail Special Delivery or Recorded Signed For Delivery envelope with your application. The pre-paid self-addressed envelope should be sufficient to accommodate the size and weight of your documents and be insured to the appropriate level for the value of your documents. If this is not enclosed your documents will be returned to you using Royal Mail 2nd class post. Please consult Royal Mail’s website at www.royalmail.com for further information."

I've seen it in several places, but this instance was copied from:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... /eea21.pdf

It's not wrong, they're just saying that they allow you to pay if you want added security. I don't know why they ignore it afterwards, though.

EB.

vndpag

Waiting for RC

Post by vndpag » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:56 am

hello everyone this forum
Here is my situation and want to share you with guys. I have no option except waiting, currently I am working countryside travelling from London to countryside every day 3 hours return + daily train expenses + time consuming. I ask my employer to transfer to London branch but they are saying only with COA cant able to transfer me until I get my visa stamp. but who knows how long going to get resident card looking at this forum there is some case who waiting for five months and few waited for 4 months and very few waited only two months so in this case we really cant expect what is my waiting time. Anyway at least we can share some feeling on this forum.
Good luck those are waiting for their RC and please share your thoughts and experience on this forum so others can get benefit thank you to all
EEA1 & EEA2 Application sent on 26/07/2011
Received by Home Office 27/07/2011
EEA1 and COA Received in one pack 23/09/2011 (Dated 01/09/2011)
Resident Card 18/10/2011

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Waiting for RC

Post by Jambo » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:45 am

vndpag wrote:but they are saying only with COA cant able to transfer me until I get my visa stamp.
This is not true. You are either allowed to work or not. There is no restriction to work for a specific employer or location. I suggest you talk to your employer. They might not be aware of the rules (or have other reasons not to transfer you and use the RC as an excuse).

vndpag

Post by vndpag » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:29 am

Hi Jambo
Thank you for your advice but when I received COA I submitted to HR immidately to extend my contract. before I got my COA employer keep asking my evidence to continue employment in same place because they know I am student and finished my course and I am on holidays. I used to work with the same employer 16 months ( part time and full time on holidays) but they are saying other branch they wont accept COA and told me to wait untill visa stamp but I have no patients. Thank you.
Resident Card 18/10/2011

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:01 am

vndpag wrote:I used to work with the same employer 16 months ( part time and full time on holidays) but they are saying other branch they wont accept COA and told me to wait untill visa stamp but I have no patients
Can you ask to get this in writing? The relevant UKBA guide clearly states employers should accept the CoA. I suspect the London branch may not be happy with the fact that the CoA seems to indicate that it is only valid for six months.

vndpag

Post by vndpag » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:33 am

Hi 86ti your right I think London branch will recruit new emplyee rather then me because in COA clearly state that we aim to make decision within six month but it does not say that it guarantee. In this case employer will look for candidate who already have right to work. my same company vaccancies are posted in news paper two weeks before and I assume so many people alreday applied for that position. That is the reason my current company not able to help in this case. Now only I have to wait for my RC and look for transfer on other ocassion.
Resident Card 18/10/2011

bazieres
Newly Registered

Post by bazieres » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:03 pm

vndpag wrote:Hi 86ti your right I think London branch will recruit new emplyee rather then me because in COA clearly state that we aim to make decision within six month but it does not say that it guarantee. In this case employer will look for candidate who already have right to work. my same company vaccancies are posted in news paper two weeks before and I assume so many people alreday applied for that position. That is the reason my current company not able to help in this case. Now only I have to wait for my RC and look for transfer on other ocassion.
You have the right to work as if you already had the RC while the decision is beng made. My application has been processing for more than six months, so I told my employer to contact the employer verification line to confirm that I was still OK. The employer called, they confirmed, and everything is all right.

Good luck,
EB.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:18 pm

bazieres wrote:You have the right to work as if you already had the RC while the decision is beng made.
Sure it is. Eventually it is always a matter how well one can argue his/her case.

bazieres
Newly Registered

Post by bazieres » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:27 pm

86ti wrote:
bazieres wrote:You have the right to work as if you already had the RC while the decision is beng made.
Sure it is. Eventually it is always a matter how well one can argue his/her case.
Yes, unfortunately, like most things in this world, it's how assertive you are that counts. It might help to refer to the European Parliament and Council Directive 2004/38/EC, which states all your rights as a family member of an EEA national.

EB.

Godson

Post by Godson » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:04 pm

bazieres wrote:
Godson wrote: Firstly congract on your husband RC. Secondly ukba didn't ask people to use pre-paid envelop in there application. People just made that up. Because for ukba to use any pre-paid envelop? That's means they charged applicants 5.50 pound for delievery. Which is wrong.

Thanks
Godson

"PLEASE NOTE: If you require your valuable documents to be returned to you by secure post you should enclose a pre-paid self-addressed Royal Mail Special Delivery or Recorded Signed For Delivery envelope with your application. The pre-paid self-addressed envelope should be sufficient to accommodate the size and weight of your documents and be insured to the appropriate level for the value of your documents. If this is not enclosed your documents will be returned to you using Royal Mail 2nd class post. Please consult Royal Mail’s website at www.royalmail.com for further information."

It's not wrong, they're just saying that they allow you to pay if you want added security. I don't know why they ignore it afterwards, though.

EB.
Oh i understand now.

I didn't sent any pre-paid envelop with my application. But i hope everything will be alright :)

Best of luck

bazieres
Newly Registered

Post by bazieres » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:29 pm

Godson wrote:
bazieres wrote:
Godson wrote:
Oh i understand now.

I didn't sent any pre-paid envelop with my application. But i hope everything will be alright :)

Best of luck
It'll be fine, don't worry, it'll just take a little longer.

EB.

Qman

Post by Qman » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:03 pm

bazieres wrote:
Godson wrote:
Oh i understand now.

Best of luck

EB.
It's not like the ones that sent a special delivery envelope get theirs any quicker. I just had to put in a second passport return request in after waiting two weeks since I originally requested it. Special delivery and all it still hasn't been dispatched.

I also asked if there was any note or query on it or if the passport had been lost and they said no but I got their names down so if it turns out they were lying I'll have the dates and times when they told me.
Sent PR March 2016
Refused Sept 2016
Appealed to FtT Sept 2016
Refused Nov 2016
Perm to Appeal to Upper Tribunal Nov 2016
Refused Dec 2016
Applied to UT Jan 2017
Appeal heard 29 Apr 2017
New COA 4 May 2017
Overturned 1 June 2017
PR Card issued July 2017

bazieres
Newly Registered

Post by bazieres » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:32 pm

Qman wrote: It's not like the ones that sent a special delivery envelope get theirs any quicker. I just had to put in a second passport return request in after waiting two weeks since I originally requested it. Special delivery and all it still hasn't been dispatched.

I also asked if there was any note or query on it or if the passport had been lost and they said no but I got their names down so if it turns out they were lying I'll have the dates and times when they told me.
From my experience, the people you talk to on the phone are just a very simple interface to a system that is only capable of telling them a vague status of the application, and if anything was received or dispatched. They claim that they do not have access to, for instance, whether or not the RC was issued.

Has anyone had a different experience?

EB.

abyss201
Newly Registered

Post by abyss201 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:01 pm

Godson wrote:
bazieres wrote:

Thanks
Godson

EB.
Oh i understand now.

Best of luck
I sent 2 prepaid envelopes. 1 to get my EU spouse passport back earlier and for my passport and documents. My spouse passport came back normal mail and my passport with RC and docs came back in the prepaid envelope.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:51 pm

The UKBA may simply have a problem with logistics. Anybody here who understands how large corporations deal with high volumes of snail mail traffic?

Godson

Post by Godson » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:13 pm

abyss201 wrote:
Godson wrote:
bazieres wrote:

Thanks
Godson

EB.
Oh i understand now.

Best of luck
I sent 2 prepaid envelopes. 1 to get my EU spouse passport back earlier and for my passport and documents. My spouse passport came back normal mail and my passport with RC and docs came back in the prepaid envelope.

I think everything is up to them now. Fingers cross :)

Thanks

Godson

Post by Godson » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:27 pm

Qman wrote:
bazieres wrote:
Godson wrote:
Oh i understand now.

Best of luck

EB.
It's not like the ones that sent a special delivery envelope get theirs any quicker. I just had to put in a second passport return request in after waiting two weeks since I originally requested it. Special delivery and all it still hasn't been dispatched.

You're right. Is good to send the pre-paid envelope. Just to be in safer side. Yes you have to keep record about your application.

About caseworker ? I guess they deal with applicate's with there records.

But i'm sure you will get your rc soonest :)

Have a great weekend

makiko
Newly Registered

Post by makiko » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:54 am

I need to send my EEA2 application very soon. Anyone knows if WPA insurance XS plan is accepted my the home office?

berber

Post by berber » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:56 pm

makiko wrote:I need to send my EEA2 application very soon. Anyone knows if WPA insurance XS plan is accepted my the home office?
why do you have to send insurance did they ask you? did you read it on the web site? i don't know you came up with idea of inssurance! if you going to sent inssurance is better to give it to then cash they will be happy.
Time Scale:

01/06/2011----------EEA2 appl Received by H O
27/06/2011----------CoA issued
14/07/2011----------CoA arrived
29/09/2011 ----------Rc arrived

I applied under EU law my wife German EU Treaty Rights.

berber

Post by berber » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:59 pm

berber wrote:
makiko wrote:I need to send my EEA2 application very soon. Anyone knows if WPA insurance XS plan is accepted my the home office?
why do you have to send insurance did they ask you? did you read it on the yea site? i don't know why you came up with idea of inssurance! if you going to sent inssurance is better to give it to them cash they will be happy.
Time Scale:

01/06/2011----------EEA2 appl Received by H O
27/06/2011----------CoA issued
14/07/2011----------CoA arrived
29/09/2011 ----------Rc arrived

I applied under EU law my wife German EU Treaty Rights.

makiko
Newly Registered

Post by makiko » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:49 pm

[quote="berber"][quote="makiko"]I need to send my EEA2 application very soon. Anyone knows if WPA insurance XS plan is accepted my the home office?[/quote] why do you have to send insurance did they ask you? did you read it on the web site? i don't know you came up with idea of inssurance! if you going to sent inssurance is better to give it to then cash they will be happy.[/quote]

This is because my husband is a student as an EU national and I'm not working. I need to buy private insurance to cover myself in order to fulfill the 'Comprehensive Sickness Insurance' requirement! He can use his European Health Insurance Card if he's only in the UK on temporary basis.

xicosm
Newly Registered

Post by xicosm » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:11 pm

Hi all!

This is my first post but I've been following you since my application started.

Received my RC today.

Here is the timeline:

- 13/06 - Application sent to Liverpool
- 09/07 - Received COA
- 10/09 - Received RC - Dated 01/09

My case: Married to EEA exercising treaty rights in the UK

Patience to you all