ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

I.M.Possible
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2

Post by I.M.Possible » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:36 pm

Hi Guys,

Finally my wait is over too. Recieved my RC today, which was issued on 29th of November. It has been a longest journey of my life, and i thank GOD that the wait is over now. I wish good luck to all those still waiting.

lmuee08 wrote:
I.M.Possible wrote:Hi Guys,

I have been reading this forum for about a month now. Has helped a lot. here is my time line

Applied for eea 2 18/08/2011
Coa received---12/09/2011
asked for passport back 10/11/11
received the passport back on 17/11/11

But still no RC. Do not know what to do .
This is terrible. They could have issued it as it is almost reach the 3 months mark. I remember read somewhere in their caseworker instruction that they give priority to applications over 3 months old.

lmuee08

Post by lmuee08 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:55 pm

Finally my wait is over too. Recieved my RC today, which was issued on 29th of November. It has been a longest journey of my life, and i thank GOD that the wait is over now. I wish good luck to all those still waiting.

lmuee08 wrote:

I have been reading this forum for about a month now. Has helped a lot. here is my time line

This is terrible. They could have issued it as it is almost reach the 3 months mark. I remember read somewhere in their caseworker instruction that they give priority to applications over 3 months old.
Congratulations!!!

Is it issued on an A4 paper? :roll:

I.M.Possible
Newly Registered

Post by I.M.Possible » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:12 pm

thanks. Its not issued on A4, my situation was very different , i had two passport one was expired and the other was still valid(sent both to UKBA) when i asked for passport they sent me the expired passport. I wrote again to them to ask about my valid passport and today i got my second passport and my visa. So Happy. I pray to LORD to give people the strength who have to go through this terrible waiting time period.
lmuee08 wrote:

lmuee08 wrote:

Congratulations!!!

Is it issued on an A4 paper? :roll:

justice69

Post by justice69 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:07 pm

lmuee08 wrote:

Congrats mate.
If I may ask what number did you ring to get your passport back?
Here is my timeline...
Applied EEA1&2 - 01/09/11
Received - 02/09/11
EEA1 Received - 11/10/11 with no COA for EEA2
Received COA - 28/10/11 ( after many calls to H.O)
RC - ??/??/????

I'm just wondering if I can ask for my passport back as my current visa has expired.

I.M.Possible
Newly Registered

Post by I.M.Possible » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:11 pm

0845 010 5200

Above is the no i used. Hope it helps. Good luck

justice69 wrote:

lmuee08 wrote:

Congrats mate.
If I may ask what number did you ring to get your passport back?
Here is my timeline...
Applied EEA1&2 - 01/09/11
Received - 02/09/11
EEA1 Received - 11/10/11 with no COA for EEA2
Received COA - 28/10/11 ( after many calls to H.O)
RC - ??/??/????

I'm just wondering if I can ask for my passport back as my current visa has expired.

I.M.Possible
Newly Registered

Post by I.M.Possible » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:15 pm

Also guys i have been doing a search on timeline for getting eea2. And currently so far what i have calculated is between 3 and a half to 4 and a half month. Obviously there are gonna be exception where some have received earlier or later but for what I have calculated on the basis of this forum and other on-line around 4 months Average.
I.M.Possible wrote:0845 010 5200

Above is the no i used. Hope it helps. Good luck

justice69 wrote:

lmuee08 wrote:

justice69

Post by justice69 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:23 pm

Thanks a lot. I will ring the number in the morning.

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:34 pm

In response to: "I.M.Possible"]Also guys i have been doing a search on timeline for getting eea2. And currently so far what i have calculated is between 3 and a half to 4 and a half month. Obviously there are gonna be exception where some have received earlier or later but for what I have calculated on the basis of this forum and other on-line around 4 months Average.

It's unfortunate to say, and I could be completely wrong, but i think nationality plays a part in the time frame. A few of my friends who have applied felt that theirs took longer because of their nationalities so more checks needed to be done

They joked that my partner and I would get ours very quickly because of our nationalities (Australian/French). We did infact get ours back very quickly (7 weeks) but this could be purely based on luck as well

justice69

Post by justice69 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:39 pm

@ I.M Possible, do I need to send any written document like fax or email to request my passport back or it can be simply done over the phone? I'll appreciate if you could tell me how you requested yours back explicitly. Thanks a lot mate.

I.M.Possible
Newly Registered

Post by I.M.Possible » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:45 pm

When you will call them they can provide you with an email address. Thats what i did , i had the email address and the postal address i have lost it , was just checking it for you, sorry couldn't be of any more help here.

I am sure someone on this forum still should have it .
justice69 wrote:@ I.M Possible, do I need to send any written document like fax or email to request my passport back or it can be simply done over the phone? I'll appreciate if you could tell me how you requested yours back explicitly. Thanks a lot mate.

sameer2012

Post by sameer2012 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:01 pm

Hi guys, A good news to share my friend received his passport today
as
Application For Retention of Rights(EEA2) on 12 september 2011
received by HO 13th September 2011
Request for return of passport on 29th November 2011
Received Passport on 07 December 2011
RC dated 18th November 2011

The strange thing was that he mentioned to send the documents to the other address(Job) but they send the documents to his home address but luckily someone picked it up and call him because he used that address for his post but he is living at other address.
He applied for Retention of Rights after divorce but he got the same RC as previous nothing changed in wordings.
SAMEER

Ikonkar
India

COA

Post by Ikonkar » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:21 am

Hi guys,

Just wanted to update you regarding my EE2 residence application.......

Application sent:09/11/2011
HO received :10/11/2011
COA issued (permission to work): 06/12/2011
COA received :10/12/2011
Waiting for RC...... :/

I'm married to an eu national (she's in full time employment). I was just wondering can HO refuse my application because I was or I still am an overstayer??...... or once the COA has been issued it's all plane sailing from now!!!.........

Thanks in advance for your replies....

God Bless

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: COA

Post by Jambo » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:19 am

Ikonkar wrote:I'm married to an eu national (she's in full time employment). I was just wondering can HO refuse my application because I was or I still am an overstayer??...... or once the COA has been issued it's all plane sailing from now!!!.........
CoA is just an administrative procedure which means they have initially examined your application and it seems that you have provided all the necessary documents. It doesn't give any indication about the decision the case worker will make once your file is reviewed.
Your previous immigration history / overstaying status has no impact on a decision.

Ikonkar
India

Post by Ikonkar » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:15 am

[/quote]
CoA is just an administrative procedure which means they have initially examined your application and it seems that you have provided all the necessary documents. It doesn't give any indication about the decision the case worker will make once your file is reviewed.
Your previous immigration history / overstaying status has no impact on a decision.[/quote]

Thanks Jambo, however I'm still under the impression that if they need to do more checks on one's file, they won't issue the CoA until those checks are clear. Basically once the CoA has been issued it's just the matter of days/weeks/months for the RC to be issued.

God Bless

LAROCCAMOM

Post by LAROCCAMOM » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:51 am

That was my understanding as well. I don't think they would just give out letters to people without first looking at the documentation received.
But you never know!
Laroccamom
Don't ask for an easier life, ask to be a stronger person.

EEA1 &EEA2 mailed: 28/11/2011
Received by HO: 29/11/2011
Residence Certificate Received: 19/12/2011
Spouse COA Received: 19/12/2011
Spouse RC Received: 1/3/2012

Godson

Post by Godson » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:20 pm

Ikonkar wrote:Hi guys,

Just wanted to update you regarding my EE2 residence application.......

Application sent:09/11/2011
HO received :10/11/2011
COA issued (permission to work): 06/12/2011
COA received :10/12/2011
Waiting for RC...... :/

I'm married to an eu national (she's in full time employment). I was just wondering can HO refuse my application because I was or I still am an overstayer??...... or once the COA has been issued it's all plane sailing from now!!!.........

Thanks in advance for your replies....

God Bless

They can't refuse it. It's got nothing to do with your application. Just relax your mind.
Application sent 16-08-11
COA recieved 14-09-11
RC 21-11-11
:D :D :D

Godson

Post by Godson » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:37 pm

Ikonkar wrote:
Your previous immigration history / overstaying status has no impact on a decision.[/quote]

Thanks Jambo, however I'm still under the impression that if they need to do more checks on one's file, they won't issue the CoA until those checks are clear. Basically once the CoA has been issued it's just the matter of days/weeks/months for the RC to be issued.

God Bless[/quote]

Getting COA ? It's means your application is with caseworking team and it's will be decide within 6 months.

Prayers does everything.........
Application sent 16-08-11
COA recieved 14-09-11
RC 21-11-11
:D :D :D

Ikonkar
India

Post by Ikonkar » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:24 am

Godson wrote:
Ikonkar wrote:
Your previous immigration history / overstaying status has no impact on a decision.

God Bless[/quote]

Getting COA ? It's means your application is with caseworking team and it's will be decide within 6 months.

Prayers does everything.........[/quote]

Thank you Godson...:)

JOZIO1453

Post by JOZIO1453 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:09 pm

5 months 19 days and when I called there I learnt that my documents has been sent to my old address.she gave me tracking number and when I tracked as it normal Royal mail sent it back to home office.

30 may applied
11 nov. completed and still I have no result :) hope I got it.

she will check and send to my new address we gonna see what is the result :S

I am out of UK.

good luck everyone

vallmontt
Newly Registered

FInally

Post by vallmontt » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:29 am

Hi Guys,

I would like to say that finally I got my RC yesterday.

Thanks for the support.

My timeline
Applied on 5th Sept 2011 as family member of EEA.
01 October recived COA.
Called to ask passport back last Friday 9th of Sept.
Got our passport with RC on 15th Sept.

It definitely works asking for the passport after 3 months of application.....

Thanks....Good luck to all.

ele84
Newly Registered

Post by ele84 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:23 am

Hi everyone,
I asked your advice around one month ago and I need it again...
I am EEA national and my husband is non EEA, he applied in april for a RC as unmarried partner,HO refused and we won the appeal in september.
We got married in october and after waiting for HO to contact us we send a new EEA2application as my husband around 3 weeks ago.
So now the HO got the first application with the judge positive decision, the new application with all the correct documents and also our local Mp wrote to them on our behalf.
I know that it's not a long time but we were planning to go in italy for christmas so i was wondering what if we try to ask his passport back?
I read that some people got it with the RC...
If we do such a request will they ask any documentation to justify our request?Will this affect in any way the decision on the application?

Thanks again for your help!

JOZIO1453

Post by JOZIO1453 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:08 pm

Guys do you know how long does it takes arrive 2.class royal mail ?
despatch date 13 Dec. and I stil did not recieved

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Application sent

Post by Samelamin » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:07 pm

Sent my EEA 2 application today so hoping for COA by next week but due to the xmas period I am thinking probably January :(

LAROCCAMOM

Post by LAROCCAMOM » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:28 pm

Today I received my Residence certificate along with my EEA passport and my husband's COA letter.
Laroccamom
Don't ask for an easier life, ask to be a stronger person.

EEA1 &EEA2 mailed: 28/11/2011
Received by HO: 29/11/2011
Residence Certificate Received: 19/12/2011
Spouse COA Received: 19/12/2011
Spouse RC Received: 1/3/2012

kim1234
Newly Registered

Post by kim1234 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:31 am

hi all,
Finally, i received my residence card today, here is my timeline
Application sent 08 oct 2011
received by UK border agency on 10 oct 2011
COA issued on 2 Nov 2011
passport with Residence card and all supporting documents received on 24 dec 2011 (dated 25 November 2011)

Applied as married couple of EEA national. Both of us are working in the UK.
Merry Xmas and Happy new year to everyone.
:D