ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Thu May 31, 2012 1:51 pm

9saffa9 wrote:Looks like we have had another quiet week... :(
Here is the questions. I thought that EEA3 applications and EEA4 applications processing time is the same. But yesterday I visited my friends who just received their PRs. The whole thing took only 3 weeks. :shock:

9saffa9
Newly Registered

Post by 9saffa9 » Thu May 31, 2012 2:01 pm

[quote="Nimitta"][quote="9saffa9"]Looks like we have had another quiet week... :([/quote]

Here is the questions. I thought that EEA3 applications and EEA4 applications processing time is the same. But yesterday I visited my friends who just received their PRs. The whole thing took only 3 weeks. :shock:[/quote]

From what I understand by reading this forum the EEA3 is much quicker.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu May 31, 2012 2:06 pm

Nimitta wrote:
9saffa9 wrote:Looks like we have had another quiet week... :(
Here is the questions. I thought that EEA3 applications and EEA4 applications processing time is the same. But yesterday I visited my friends who just received their PRs. The whole thing took only 3 weeks. :shock:
The directive requires residence documents for EEA nationals (EEA1/EEA3) to be issued ASAP and for non-EEA (EEA2/EEA4) within 6 months.

melcu

Post by melcu » Thu May 31, 2012 5:44 pm

Jambo wrote:
The directive requires residence documents for EEA nationals (EEA1/EEA3) to be issued ASAP and for non-EEA (EEA2/EEA4) within 6 months.
But what is the logic of it? I mean I understand there are complicated cases, but if there is case like for instance ours (married 8 years, 2 kids, living together), why my husband's PR card came in 4 weeks, and I haven't get COA yet two months past. Though, when we applied 5 years ago for EEA1 and EEA2, we received both in the same day within one month.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu May 31, 2012 6:21 pm

melcu wrote: But what is the logic of it? I mean I understand there are complicated cases, but if there is case like for instance ours (married 8 years, 2 kids, living together), why my husband's PR card came in 4 weeks, and I haven't get COA yet two months past.
I just quoted the regulations. I did not write them. The CoA should also be issued ASAP and I would expect that to happen no later than the EEA national document is issued. You should complain.
Though, when we applied 5 years ago for EEA1 and EEA2, we received both in the same day within one month.
In 2009, a EEA3 application took 10 months. So I guess nowadays it is somewhere between the two.

melcu

Post by melcu » Thu May 31, 2012 7:35 pm

Jambo wrote:
I just quoted the regulations. I did not write them. The CoA should also be issued ASAP and I would expect that to happen no later than the EEA national document is issued. You should complain.

In 2009, a EEA3 application took 10 months. So I guess nowadays it is somewhere between the two.
yes, I know :) I was mad at them, not at you. Sorry :oops:
They wrote me that it has been dispatched on 24th April. I am going to send the 3rd e-mail next week. If again they say it takes a while for 2nd class posted letter to arrive, then will complain.

Bubblefish
Newly Registered

Post by Bubblefish » Thu May 31, 2012 8:11 pm

Jambo wrote:
spike_UK wrote:No really my solicitor didnt enclose any envelop so i guess it will take long,, so I will ask beginning of May,, will that yet delay may process,,as my RC visa is not on passport(A4 paper) so I need passport and RC back to be able to apply for Tunisia tourism visa!! thanks mate
Asking the passport back should not delay the application and might in some cases speed up the application. Don't worry about the envelope. In many cases the HO just ignore those and use their own.

I suggest you write an email to Liverpool on the first week of May and follow up with a phone call a few days later to verify the request has been received.

I would highlight in the email (big font, red colour, bold whatever) that your RC is a standalone one and it needs to be returned together with your
passport. I would also say in the email you need to receive the documents by 21/05 as you need to apply for a visa.
Hi Jumbo,

I had a missed call from HO today as I have requested the passport 2 weeks ago for a business meeting on the 6th. It has been 4 months since i applied. Not sure why they cant just send it. Will have to call tomorrow but have they called anyone else regarding similar circumstances.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Thu May 31, 2012 9:19 pm

Bubblefish wrote:
Jambo wrote:
spike_UK wrote:No really my solicitor didnt enclose any envelop so i guess it will take long,, so I will ask beginning of May,, will that yet delay may process,,as my RC visa is not on passport(A4 paper) so I need passport and RC back to be able to apply for Tunisia tourism visa!! thanks mate
Asking the passport back should not delay the application and might in some cases speed up the application. Don't worry about the envelope. In many cases the HO just ignore those and use their own.

I suggest you write an email to Liverpool on the first week of May and follow up with a phone call a few days later to verify the request has been received.

I would highlight in the email (big font, red colour, bold whatever) that your RC is a standalone one and it needs to be returned together with your
passport. I would also say in the email you need to receive the documents by 21/05 as you need to apply for a visa.
Hi Jumbo,

I had a missed call from HO today as I have requested the passport 2 weeks ago for a business meeting on the 6th. It has been 4 months since i applied. Not sure why they cant just send it. Will have to call tomorrow but have they called anyone else regarding similar circumstances.
I non EEA sent an email(on Friday) regarding mine and my wife(EEA)
passport back then rung them on the following Monday, i was told that my wife(EEA) has to talk to them to confirm, I got mine back on Friday(it took 6 working day) my wife's has taken 2 weeks and still no news, we called them again this Wednesday and the lady(HO) made a new request and said will take another 5 days.
I did ask about progress on my case, was told unless passed 6 months, no informations will be given :(
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

cerrahpasalilar
Newly Registered

Post by cerrahpasalilar » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:02 pm

Jambo wrote:
melcu wrote: But what is the logic of it? I mean I understand there are complicated cases, but if there is case like for instance ours (married 8 years, 2 kids, living together), why my husband's PR card came in 4 weeks, and I haven't get COA yet two months past.
Though, when we applied 5 years ago for EEA1 and EEA2, we received both in the same day within one month.
Some received PR as a result of EEA4 application recently although he did not write his timeline here. From his post, it can be understood that he applied for eea4 in mid january
See link below
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... hlight=eea

kacha
Newly Registered

Post by kacha » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:36 am

9saffa9 wrote:I also applied on the 13th of February and requested my passport back about three weeks after that to travel and received it together with my CoA.

It will not delay your application.
HI 9saffa9,

How did you request your passport back?

I did requested my passport back using LiverpoolEuro.passportreturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.org.uk since the 25th of May and still have not my passport back.

I tried to get in touche with them using the phone number on my COA which is 08000105200 but that number doesn't work.
I am confused as i have received no answer to my mail requesting my passport back,and i need my passport.

Thank you for your time

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:10 pm

get into the habit of using the www.saynoto0870.com website which will save u some money

u can call ukba on 01516725626 and choose option 1 then 2. wait a bit on the line, there will also be a fax sound and as if someone is dialing as well, u should ignore those and carry on waiting, average is around 5-10 minutes wait. tell thek u need passport for urgent travel and ask them to request it asap. u should get ur passport back within a week or sooner. the ukba are quite good at returning passports.

kacha wrote:
9saffa9 wrote:I also applied on the 13th of February and requested my passport back about three weeks after that to travel and received it together with my CoA.

HI 9saffa9,

I did requested my passport back using LiverpoolEuro.passportreturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.org.uk since the 25th of May and still have not my passport back.

I tried to get in touche with them using the phone number on my COA which is 08000105200 but that number doesn't work.
I am confused as i have received no answer to my mail requesting my passport back,and i need my passport.

Thank you for your time

kacha
Newly Registered

Post by kacha » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:56 pm

mcovet wrote:get into the habit of using the www.saynoto0870.com website which will save u some money

u can call ukba on 01516725626 and choose option 1 then 2. wait a bit on the line, there will also be a fax sound and as if someone is dialing as well, u should ignore those and carry on waiting, average is around 5-10 minutes wait. tell thek u need passport for urgent travel and ask them to request it asap. u should get ur passport back within a week or sooner. the ukba are quite good at returning passports.

Thanks mcovet

kacha wrote:

HI 9saffa9,

Thank you for your time

9saffa9
Newly Registered

Post by 9saffa9 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:41 pm

Bubblefish wrote:
Jambo wrote:

Hi Jumbo,

Hi Bubblefish,

Any news on your application?

racim

Post by racim » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:57 pm

i called HO today asking for an update ... bare in mind my application was send to HO on the 15/12/2011 through my solictor they lady asked me for my case refrence then she said : they dealing with ur application !! she said if we gonna send u anythin da wuld go 2ur solicitor so ask ur solicitor 2keep u updated !! any idea wot da means !!! coz i kno like if they tell u ur appltication is on final stage da means the PR has been issued an is jus gonna be dispattched !!

whereismyRC
Newly Registered

Post by whereismyRC » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi guys, thougt would share my info...

Applied for PR through EEA4
Application received by HO 12/04
Called 24/05 to chase up COA, was told the case has not been validated (whatever that means...).
Still no COA to date, will call this week...

Good luck everyone!

melcu

Post by melcu » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:09 pm

melcu wrote: I haven't receive COA either, even though they did answer to my email that it is dispatched on 24th April. To my second email 3 weeks later they replied that all COA-'s they send by 2nd class postage and it takes a while. but now, one month later nothing.
y

Just phoned them asking why my COA haven't come yet. They told me they are not taking requests by phone, even for passport returns. That I have to write an e-amil again. Have sent them my 3rd e-mail about COA. Let's see what tey will reply....

9saffa9
Newly Registered

Post by 9saffa9 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:30 pm

melcu wrote:
9saffa9 wrote:Mine was not expired at the time but it has now expired and I have a trip planned for the first weekend in June and if I have not received the Permanent Residence Card by then I will still travel and try to come back with the CoA.

I don't think entering the UK will be an issue, but the airline might have some questions at boarding but I will just have to deal with them.
Please, keep us informed how it went, and which supporting documents might be necessary. I am planning my trip in the end of July.
As discussed you can find my experience on travelling with an expired EEA2 here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... a6a73f4fca

Bubblefish
Newly Registered

Post by Bubblefish » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:00 pm

9saffa9 wrote:
Bubblefish wrote:
Jambo wrote:

Hi Jumbo,

Hi Bubblefish,

I got a call 2 days ago that they have approved my PR and I will receive it next week. It was sweet of them to call and confirm that.
Last week I had missed a call from them and I called wednesday this week to request progress as i had requested passport.

I applied 30th of January.COA a month later.

The same day I had confirmation that my italian citizenship is approved so will be getting that soon as well.

Finally the drama is over. Good luck all of you

racim

Post by racim » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:15 am

Bubblefish wrote:
9saffa9 wrote:
Bubblefish wrote:
Jambo wrote:

Hi Jumbo,

Hi Bubblefish,

I got a call 2 days ago that they have approved my PR and I will receive it next week. It was sweet of them to call and confirm that.
Last week I had missed a call from them and I called wednesday this week to request progress as i had requested passport.

The same day I had confirmation that my italian citizenship is approved so will be getting that soon as well.

Congratulations mate :)
my application was sent on the 15 dec an im still waiting, it will hit the dead end next week, im going crazy ;) i jus wanna travel an look for a new job

Bubblefish
Newly Registered

Post by Bubblefish » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:31 am

racim wrote:
Bubblefish wrote:
9saffa9 wrote:
Bubblefish wrote:
Hi Jumbo,

Hi Bubblefish,

Congratulations mate :)
my application was sent on the 15 dec an im still waiting, it will hit the dead end next week, im going crazy ;) i jus wanna travel an look for a new job
I received the PR today, and it was approved on the 6th.

melcu

Post by melcu » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:11 am

Bubblefish wrote: I received the PR today, and it was approved on the 6th.
Congratulations! Great news!

zyxw
Newly Registered

Still waiting

Post by zyxw » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:53 am

Hi everyone, I have applied for PR under EEA4.
I thought I'd share my info with you all:

Applied on 19 Jan 2012
COA received on 8 Feb.

Still waiting for PR.

Is anyone else still waiting from Dec or Jan?

racim

Re: Still waiting

Post by racim » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:42 pm

zyxw wrote:Hi everyone, I have applied for PR under EEA4.
I thought I'd share my info with you all:

Applied on 19 Jan 2012
COA received on 8 Feb.

Still waiting for PR.

Is anyone else still waiting from Dec or Jan?
hey still waitin since 15 dec

racim

Post by racim » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:22 pm

Hey guys I just called HO asking for an update , note my application will reach 6 months on the 14 June ( like after 3 days ) ... The lady sed a package has been sent out 2 ur solicitor 2day, she gave me royal mail track number .
I asked her if PR has been issued , she wuldnt answer !! I'm just hoping the PR is on his way , not something else

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:39 pm

I have another client's case here.

EEA4 based on retention of rights, straightforward application with all relevant docs provided

Application sent: 24/12/2012
COA received: 15/01/2012
Passport requested: 30/03/2012
Passport received (without PR): 04/04/2012
PR received: 11/06/2012
PR dated: 25/05/2012

The RC is on an A4 paper which states: "Immigration Status Document". Better than having it in a passport IMHO, as you can change passports as many times as you wish, but this can be used with any passport.