ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

schengen visa travel requirements

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

peppekalle

schengen visa travel requirements

Post by peppekalle » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:39 pm

I will be going to Denmark for one week.Do i need to get travel insurance or will my EHIC (european health insurance card )suffice?I have ILR.
Last edited by peppekalle on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: EHIC or travel insurance for travel to denmark

Post by ca.funke » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:06 pm

peppekalle wrote:I will be going to Denmark for one week.Do i need to get travel insurance or will my EHIC (european health insurance card )suffice?I have ILR.
Not really immigration related, but >>let me google that for you<<, or just go to Google´s first search result: www.nhs.uk/ehic

Rgds, Christian

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:11 pm

I am sorry for seeking clarification if the EHIC is valid for schengen visa.It is not clear whether the card covers travel insurance the requirement of the schengen visa.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:21 pm

peppekalle wrote:I am sorry for seeking clarification if the EHIC is valid for schengen visa.It is not clear whether the card covers travel insurance the requirement of the schengen visa.
You'll need to check the specific requirements stated by the Danish Consulate. But as far as I'm aware the majority of Schengen consulates require more Travel/Health Insurance "cover" than what's provided by a EHIC. The Finnish and French consulates certainly do, as I've checked these for myself.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:27 pm

Thank you cs95tdg will certainly check with the embassy.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:25 am

peppekalle wrote:...if the EHIC is valid for schengen visa...
:oops: sorry :!:

I did not read the forum title properly, and did not realise you need cover for a visa. My bad.

EHIC does not cover re-patriation, hence it´s not valid as health insurance for Schengen-visas.

You have to get another Schengen health insurance. They´re easy to find, cheap, and can be made online.

Again - sorry about that !