ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Irakli

Re: Yes bro

Post by Irakli » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:49 am

arjunt4u wrote:Thats absolutely fine. I have done the same.:)
Thanks mate.
cheers

themrkk
Newly Registered

hi

Post by themrkk » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:49 am

eee001 wrote:a friend got his documents back today. He gave his biometrics on 13 april.

Another friend gave his biometric on 2nd april but hasn't got anything back.
hi can you tell me when your first friend (13 april) had applied for visa. thank you in advance.

Bulky
Newly Registered

Post by Bulky » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:12 pm

Some good news guys!
Application sent 28/02/12
Acknowledgement letter 08/03/12
Biometric letter rec 27/03/12 dated 24/03/12
Biometric given 28/03/12
Documents received 04/07/12
Brp....waiting

I DID NOT send any special delivery envelope. God bless you all. :D

ricky_1

Post by ricky_1 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:42 pm

Bulky wrote:Some good news guys!
Application sent 28/02/12
Acknowledgement letter 08/03/12
Biometric letter rec 27/03/12 dated 24/03/12
Biometric given 28/03/12
Documents received 04/07/12
Brp....waiting

I DID NOT send any special delivery envelope. God bless you all. :D
@ Bulky - What's the date the approval letter generated ( i mean letter dt) ??

praveeng
Newly Registered

Post by praveeng » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:12 pm

21/Febrauary/2012: PSW Application Send with special delivary
No Acknowledegement Recived.
21/March/2012: I contacted UKBA for My PSW Acknowledgement.
25/March/2012: Biometrics letter received
02/April/2012: Biometrics Given
BRP: Waiting?
Documents: Waiting?

Hello friends UKBA not responding PSW Visa's status, Lot of students is waiting for their application status.

Who ever given biometrics after 02/April/2012, any one received their visa please give me our visa status on '' Tier 1(psw) Processing time''.

Lot of students waiting for your single dehesion, Please don't forget ....Thanking you.

asanka
Newly Registered

Bio on 4th April- status

Post by asanka » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:56 pm

I hv given biometric on 4 April.
BRP & Docs - Waiting

Tanvi
Newly Registered

Post by Tanvi » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:07 pm

Hello Friends,

I have given my biometric on 27th march at holborn post office.

BRP and Documents : waiting waiting waiting.....

No update from UKBA

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:35 pm

durga123 wrote:Bio done april 25
brp received 3 july
documents 5 july
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mmqasim
Newly Registered

MP's Disappointing response

Post by mmqasim » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:22 pm

Thank you for your email sent earlier today.

After talking with you, my office called the UK Border Agency’s MPs’ Hotline to try and find out what was going on with your case and if there is anything we can do to help get things moving.

Unfortunately the news was not good – the UK Border Agency will still not give a timescale and worse still, your case is not currently with the caseworking unit and was last looked into way back in 02 April 2012.

I will do what I can to press them, and have written formally to them asking them to do everything they can to get things moving on your case. However, it seems very unlikely indeed that a decision will have been reached and your documents returned by the time you need to travel in July. It may be possible to withdraw your application, but this could make it very difficult to get back into the UK, and you should take legal advice about the possible impact before making any decision.

I will let you know as soon as I receive a formal response in writing. However, this is likely to be in 3-4 weeks’ time.

With best wishes,

Yours sincerely

Rt Hon Andrew Smith MP

tyagiu
Newly Registered

Re: MP's Disappointing response

Post by tyagiu » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:11 pm

mmqasim wrote:Thank you for your email sent earlier today.

After talking with you, my office called the UK Border Agency’s MPs’ Hotline to try and find out what was going on with your case and if there is anything we can do to help get things moving.

Unfortunately the news was not good – the UK Border Agency will still not give a timescale and worse still, your case is not currently with the caseworking unit and was last looked into way back in 02 April 2012.

I will do what I can to press them, and have written formally to them asking them to do everything they can to get things moving on your case. However, it seems very unlikely indeed that a decision will have been reached and your documents returned by the time you need to travel in July. It may be possible to withdraw your application, but this could make it very difficult to get back into the UK, and you should take legal advice about the possible impact before making any decision.

I will let you know as soon as I receive a formal response in writing. However, this is likely to be in 3-4 weeks’ time.

With best wishes,

Yours sincerely

Rt Hon Andrew Smith MP

Hey, could you please tell me your timelines ????
It would give some idea what they are processing and how much time they gonna take.

Thnx !!!

mmqasim
Newly Registered

Post by mmqasim » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:17 am

My timeline is:
Application sent : 12th March
Bio Metric submission: 10th april
And waiting for the approval

MP's letter was dated 26th of june. I think 2nd of april he mentioned in the letter is the date of biometric letter. UKBA was sleeping from 2nd of april to 26th of june(or may be 6th of july) .

praveeng
Newly Registered

Post by praveeng » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:30 am

mmqasim wrote:My timeline is:
Application sent : 12th March
Bio Metric submission: 10th april
And waiting for the approval

MP's letter was dated 26th of june. I think 2nd of april he mentioned in the letter is the date of biometric letter. UKBA was sleeping from 2nd of april to 26th of june(or may be 6th of july) .

Hello Friend What is MP,s Letter? Any process is available to followup home office regarding PSW? Please give me suggestion as soon as possible.

Thanking you.

malam786
Newly Registered

Applied for PSW

Post by malam786 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:21 pm

I sent my documents for PSW visa on 18 of March 2012, i received my acknowledgement letter on 7 of April and then Received my Biomatrics appointment letter on 16. I had my Biomatrics Appointment on 18 of April 2012. almost 3 months has passed and i am still waiting for their reply...

can anyone please tell me why it is taking so long after having biomatics appointment.

Thanks

Mokawa
Newly Registered

Please update

Post by Mokawa » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:30 pm

Hello guys.

Was just wondering if those who have received their BRP recently could post their timelines.

This would be extremely helpful

Gladz
Newly Registered

Waiting hell folks

Post by Gladz » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:02 pm

Applied,: 6th march
Bio : 11th aprirl holborn

Nothing since than, folks join in facebook its more interactice....

http://www.facebook.com/groups/257208277720523/

Cheers !!!!!

mmqasim
Newly Registered

Post by mmqasim » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:49 pm

Guys My MP told me in his first email dated 26th of June that my case is not with the case working unit yet. now in another email he told me my case is with the case working unit(as of 4th april) my biometrics submission date is 10th april.
I dont know he typed april instead of July or UKBA allocate the cases to case working unit after sending biometric invitation letter.

in Case my application is with the case worker from 4th of July then is it possible to get the decision in a week ?

vinayak.nandi
Newly Registered

Wait is over now.

Post by vinayak.nandi » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:30 am

Thankyou everyone who supported me.. Finally the wait has ended yesterday. I got my Docs back from UKBA. Now waiting for BRP to be delivered.

My timeline:

28th Feb: Application Sent
8th Mar: Ack received
27th Mar: Bio letter received
28th Mar: Bio Submitted @ Aberdeen Post office

7th July: Docs received (Letter dated 5th July)
9th July: Expecting BRP

Hope it helps everyone who r still waiting..

sunilkumarambala
Newly Registered

Re: PSW still waiting for BIOMETRICS!

Post by sunilkumarambala » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:13 pm

Irakli wrote:Hello guys, Please answer!

Me and my wife applied for Tier1 PSW (Me- main applicant, She-dependant) on 3rd of April (Documents were received by UKBA by 4th of April) We got acknowledgement letter on 9th of May dated 3rd of May. We still have not received Biometrics letter. Is it normal? how long will it take? And also when we ask in Post office they say that postal orders have not been taken yet by UKBA (not been cashed)! Is this end of the world?

Thank You
Hi I have also applied on 3rd April and only received the ACk letter from the UKBA and still waiting for the Bio invitation....
Do anybody have applied on the same date and got the Bio invitation please share...

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:56 pm

sunilkumarambala wrote:

Me and my wife applied for Tier1 PSW (Me- main applicant, She-dependant) on 3rd of April (Documents were received by UKBA by 4th of April) We got acknowledgement letter on 9th of May dated 3rd of May. We still have not received Biometrics letter. Is it normal? how long will it take? And also when we ask in Post office they say that postal orders have not been taken yet by UKBA (not been cashed)! Is this end of the world?

Thank You
Hi I have also applied on 3rd April and only received the ACk letter from the UKBA and still waiting for the Bio invitation....
Do anybody have applied on the same date and got the Bio invitation please share...
Guys! Join us here, as we all are in the same boat waiting for Biometrics invitation.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/431266603563584/
N/A

praveeng
Newly Registered

Post by praveeng » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:23 am

Tier 4 wrote:
sunilkumarambala wrote:

Thank You
Guys! Join us here, as we all are in the same boat waiting for Biometrics invitation.

Hello Friend,
One of my friend also not received his PSW Acknowledgement letter and Biometrics Initially. After 30 days He send letter for UKBA with the help of Solicitor, Within a week he received directly Biometrics letter. I think Solicitor is charged 200 pounds.

Thanking you,

toprealman
Newly Registered

PSW Timeline

Post by toprealman » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:58 am

Is there anybody that applied between 1-6th April 2012 that have been invited for biometrics?
The wait is becoming a bit unbearable. Any number to contact them to find out the status of one's application?
How have you guys been coping.....really not enjoying this state of INACTIVITY one single bit.

toprealman
Newly Registered

Re: waiting still

Post by toprealman » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:02 am

ricky_1

Re: Wait is over now.

Post by ricky_1 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:45 pm

vinayak.nandi wrote:Thankyou everyone who supported me.. Finally the wait has ended yesterday. I got my Docs back from UKBA. Now waiting for BRP to be delivered.

My timeline:

28th Feb: Application Sent
8th Mar: Ack received
27th Mar: Bio letter received
28th Mar: Bio Submitted @ Aberdeen Post office

7th July: Docs received (Letter dated 5th July)
9th July: Expecting BRP

Hope it helps everyone who r still waiting..
@ vinayak.nandi - Did you receive your BRP.? If so, plz update the date of delivery and date of visa granted and expiry.

Sent from HTC for Orange

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Re: PSW Timeline

Post by Tier 4 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:00 pm

toprealman wrote:Is there anybody that applied between 1-6th April 2012 that have been invited for biometrics?
The wait is becoming a bit unbearable. Any number to contact them to find out the status of one's application?
How have you guys been coping.....really not enjoying this state of INACTIVITY one single bit.
There are lots of other people are waiting for Biometrics invitation join us:

N/A

rdcool
Newly Registered

My time line

Post by rdcool » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:24 pm

Application-28March
Acknowledgement-14 April
Biometrics done-5May
Passport-Waiting
BRP-Waiting
I have signed a contract with my employer. They are waiting for me from several days. Both me and the employer are getting fed up with the delay. I may lose my job because of UKBA. It is interesting that you pay £200 extra and they do it in 1 day (premium). This means this entire work is pretty easy. Really unfair!