ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW on ACCA Fundamental Papers

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Noman83

Post by Noman83 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:56 pm

malik5805 wrote:Noman
bro have you got any clue how long now home office will
take to decide our decision:: rang home office and its over 5 months and they saying u ll hve to wait:: my friend employer rang them aswell and they hve said to him.. coz my friend applied visa and he can work more than year.. what that mean will they take more than a year or how long
Malik i dont know how much time they will take but i expect that they might take a month or two because it seems that they have hold application like us in wait for this statement of changes also you can compare your application timeline from this website just to have an idea how they are going through the application

www.spammer.com/uk-immigration- ... tier-1-psw

malik5805
BANNED

Post by malik5805 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:57 pm

Noman, Deepshithole,Smk and Nahid we are all on the same boat and inshalla whoever applied. on the basis of Acca will get visa ans pray for everyone:: I knw loads of ppl who got 2.1 in degree and they cant even pass p1 i knw one thing we worked really hard to pass Acca exam and we desrve the same as any other degree holder deserve::Paperpusher we cant go back now because we all hve applied already and whtever you say doesnt make any difference::

malik5805
BANNED

Post by malik5805 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:04 pm

Noman83 wrote:
malik5805 wrote:Noman
bro have you got any clue how long now home office will
take to decide our decision:: rang home office and its over 5 months and they saying u ll hve to wait:: my friend employer rang them aswell and they hve said to him.. coz my friend applied visa and he can work more than year.. what that mean will they take more than a year or how long
Malik i dont know how much time they will take but i expect that they might take a month or two because it seems that they have hold application like us in wait for this statement of changes also you can compare your application timeline from this website just to have an idea how they are going through the application

www.spammer.com/uk-immigration-trackers/tier-1-psw
Thanks for yr reply and plz dont disappeare again from thread again like you did before:: really helps when we all discuss all those issues we facing:: Cant figured out how long they will take because i hve given my fingerprints in mid april and all of those who given thier BMRP f P got thier reply except me..

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:50 am

You are forgetting that it said that to score the points the applicant needs to have been awarded a UK recognised degree in appendix A too.

I did two ACCA papers as a joke, took me twenty minutes and I passed. I accept it probably gets harder as you progress, but I found those two papers piece of pi**. Same as I found CIMA. I used to help someone with their revision, but had never looked at the subject before that and I found it easy peasy, my CIMA study mate was surprised I was new to it and he was a good student and in the third year of doing it.

Now, logic, which I did study, doesn't seem to be some people's forte, but I think that may be a case of people sticking their fingers in their ears and going la la la la I can't hear you.

I am thinking perhaps I should report ACCA to trading standards if they are awarding UK degrees when they have no powers to do so. Then trading standards can take any prosecution from there.

malik5805
BANNED

Post by malik5805 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:22 am

Paperpusher:: i doubt it..Because i think you left Acca because you knew it you wont b able to do it..

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:31 am

Please see an archived version of the rules containing the sections on psw. Do take a look at appendix a where you will see the list of qualifications which earn the applicant the necessary points. I don't think there is any point repeating why acca papers are not a degree although i am sure the misguided arguments about the royal charter and how everyone knows who acca is and therefore it is a recognised body will resurface.

Alvi only changes the evidence that needs to be provided and not the requirements laid out clearly in the immigration rules.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... icyandlaw/

NAHID

Post by NAHID » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:56 am

Could you guys stop pointing each other, we are here to share our knowledge so that other can get some help if they feel required and useful.

Envy and jealousy is part of human life and Dear Paperpusher, people like you who is doing kind job for other for long time should not not get irritate by some simple comment. It is part of life that some will not accept our opinion or we will receive some criticism. it should make us think way of other appreciation and their thought.

Paperpushur you doing great job for many people, you even dont know how you have contributed in their regular life. However keep doing good deed. it help you and other at the end.

Unfortunately ACCA is no longer issuing fundamental level certificate, since february 2012 and now they only award Advance diploma instead. Guys you should feel lucky that we got Fundamental certificate based on previous awarding system.

So please no personal comment, if you dont like do not write but do not try to hurt each others.

malik5805
BANNED

Post by malik5805 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:30 am

NAHID wrote:Could you guys stop pointing each other, we are here to share our knowledge so that other can get some help if they feel required and useful.

Envy and jealousy is part of human life and Dear Paperpusher, people like you who is doing kind job for other for long time should not not get irritate by some simple comment. It is part of life that some will not accept our opinion or we will receive some criticism. it should make us think way of other appreciation and their thought.

Paperpushur you doing great job for many people, you even dont know how you have contributed in their regular life. However keep doing good deed. it help you and other at the end.

Unfortunately ACCA is no longer issuing fundamental level certificate, since february 2012 and now they only award Advance diploma instead. Guys you should feel lucky that we got Fundamental certificate based on previous awarding system.

So please no personal comment, if you dont like do not write but do not try to hurt each others.
Well
said Nahd why some ppl are trying to defame acca and criticising the acca students at any cost::; This forum is help to eachother and share ideas:; Paperpusher done so much good work.. None of anyone business if issues the psw on the basis of Acca.. Much appreciated your efforts too Nahid because i am sure there is some loght end of the tunnel..

Noman83

Post by Noman83 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:35 am

PaperPusher wrote:You are forgetting that it said that to score the points the applicant needs to have been awarded a UK recognised degree in appendix A too.

I did two ACCA papers as a joke, took me twenty minutes and I passed. I accept it probably gets harder as you progress, but I found those two papers piece of pi**. Same as I found CIMA. I used to help someone with their revision, but had never looked at the subject before that and I found it easy peasy, my CIMA study mate was surprised I was new to it and he was a good student and in the third year of doing it.

Now, logic, which I did study, doesn't seem to be some people's forte, but I think that may be a case of people sticking their fingers in their ears and going la la la la I can't hear you.

I am thinking perhaps I should report ACCA to trading standards if they are awarding UK degrees when they have no powers to do so. Then trading standards can take any prosecution from there.

You seriously you make me laugh , doing 2 papers of ACCA in 20 minutes. Let me report you to ACCA so they can honour you with the awards they give to thier students and seriously i think you took the first 2 basic papers (even then you cant do it in 20 mins ) and if that is the case you cant compare those 2 basic papers as they are meant to get you in but by leaving ACCA you showed that it really took the PI** out of you i must say that my 20 years education is on one side and ACCA is on one side ( i took from my nursery to bachelors on average 80% marks )

One of my friend is doing bachelors in finance and economics from a reputed uni AND HE DONT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BEETWEEN DEPRECIATION AND WEAR AND TEAR .This shows how much competetive degree holders are .

CIMA is a totally different story from ACCA mate . You dont even know that , i doubt you ever studied both . CIMA syllabus is more nearer to degree syllabus whereas ACCA syllabus is more challenging and is on real time rules and regulations on all fields of education . This is the beauty of ACCA . Let me tell you this reality , ACCA is working in line with US to make common laws known Corporate financial reporting standards for the whole financial world. this is the class of ACCA where they have bypassed even ICAEW , but you dont know this CLARITY PROJECT as you are one of the degreeholder who like to be in thier own world of fairytales where they see themselves flying

Can you tell me how often a university changes its syllabus for a degree to adopt modern knowledge , i dont have any uni to date in my mind ( mind you i have approach to syllabus of most highly reputed unis as my cousins study there ) and to be honest i laughed to my cousins because they both studied same courses from different unis and had different syllabuses (TAILORMADE WE SEE) whereas ACCA has one international syllabus throughout the world with modern syllabus which keeps changing

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:40 am

Good for you, however none of this makes ACCA Fundamental papers a degree-a requirement of the immigration rules for psw. Its not about how hard you have to work but about the type of qualification.

Noman83

Post by Noman83 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:06 am

Greenie wrote:Please see an archived version of the rules containing the sections on psw. Do take a look at appendix a where you will see the list of qualifications which earn the applicant the necessary points. I don't think there is any point repeating why acca papers are not a degree although i am sure the misguided arguments about the royal charter and how everyone knows who acca is and therefore it is a recognised body will resurface.

Alvi only changes the evidence that needs to be provided and not the requirements laid out clearly in the immigration rules.

Thankyou once again Greenie for your valuable advice . There are 2 points to be noted over here if they were in the immigration rules as i saw in the archives posted by you

1) Were these rules laid into the Parliament to get the approval before being incorporated in the Immigration Rules as per the Alvi Judgement if the rules have not been discussed then they are just guidance not rules ( as per my interpretation)

2) If they are rules incorporated by Home Office by passing it through Parliament then there was NO NEED to get it off from the website especially when they have urgently passed get guidance req passed by Parliament and incorporated it in the Immigration Rules BUT IF YOU NOTE YOU CANNOT SEE ANYTHING UNDER PSW.

Even Home Office in thier amendments have made two paras . One paragraph for immigration rules and another for policy guidance and here is the twist again as they have posted those specific requirements under the policy guidance disscussion without even mentioning it in the Immigration paragraph

Now let me give you a disclaimer , this is my interpretation so it could be right or wrong but whatever it is i dont like people to give judgements rather than arguments because afterall the competent authority to decide are Courts not us

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:16 am

Yes the immigration rules were laid before parliament and approved as all changes to the immigration rules are.

They have been taken down from the website as the rules have since been changed however they remain the rules that were in force on the date you applied for psw.

I see no point in debating this further as you seem to fundamentally misunderstand the issues at hand.

Noman83

Post by Noman83 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:22 am

Greenie wrote:Yes the immigration rules were laid before parliament and approved as all changes to the immigration rules are.

They have been taken down from the website as the rules have since been changed however they remain the rules that were in force on the date you applied for psw.

I see no point in debating this further as you seem to fundamentally misunderstand the issues at hand.
Thanks again for your advice . Well lets see who is wrong and who is right .

Noman83

Post by Noman83 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:56 am

Greenie wrote:Yes the immigration rules were laid before parliament and approved as all changes to the immigration rules are.

Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) Migrants
245F. Purpose

The purpose of this route is to encourage international graduates who have studied in the UK to stay on and do skilled or highly skilled work.
245FA. Entry to the UK

All migrants arriving in the UK and wishing to enter as a Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) Migrant must have a valid entry clearance for entry under this route. If they do not have a valid entry clearance, entry will be refused.
245FB. Requirements for entry clearance

To qualify for entry clearance as a Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) Migrant, an applicant must meet the requirements listed below. If the applicant meets these requirements, entry clearance will be granted. If the applicant does not meet these requirements, the application will be refused.

Requirements:

(a) The applicant must not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal.

(b) The applicant must not previously have been granted entry clearance or leave to remain as a Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) Migrant as a Participant in the International Graduates Scheme (or its predecessor, the Science and Engineering Graduates Scheme), or as a Participant in the Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme.

(c) The applicant must have a minimum of 75 points under paragraphs 66 to 72 of Appendix A.

(d) The applicant must have a minimum of 10 points under paragraphs 1 to 3 of Appendix B.

(e) The applicant must have a minimum of 10 points under paragraphs 1 to 2 of Appendix C.

(f) If:

(i) the studies that led to the qualification for which the applicant obtains points under paragraphs 66 to 72 of Appendix A were sponsored by a Government or international scholarship agency, and

(ii) those studies came to an end 12 months ago or less the applicant must provide the unconditional written consent of the sponsoring Government or agency to the application and must provide the specified documents to show that this requirement has been met.

THESE RULES DO NOT REFER TO THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS . You can see clearly they emphasised only on pargraph 66 to 72 which do not relate to the type of qualification . that is why they said specifically in the statement of changes on 7th sep under the heading of PSW

For Immigration Rules

Why aren’t the Immigration Rules for Tier 1 (Post-study work) applications going to be amended?

Applicants who:
 applied before the Tier 1 (Post-study work) route closed
 have an outstanding application
will have their applications decided under the rules in force at the time they applied. A commitment was made when the Tier 1 (Post-study work) route was closed that there would be no change to the rules for those applications. Therefore any amendment to those rules, even if only to incorporate existing guidance provisions, would be against that commitment.
For Tier 1 (Post-study work) applications you must only consider applications against the requirements set out in the rules. Applicants must demonstrate they meet the requirements of the rules. The applicant may demonstrate this by providing evidence other than that specified in the guidance. You must consider any evidence provided with the application and grant leave if the evidence demonstrates that, on the balance of probabilities, the requirements of the rules are met.

Refereing Policy Guidance Seperatley:

Considering Tier 1 (Post-study work) applications
Where an applicant has not provided evidence, as specified in the published policy guidance, you must review the evidence provided to identify whether there is sufficient information to qualify for a grant of leave under the route.
The evidence must demonstrate:
 That they have been awarded, either:
o a UK recognised bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD
o a UK postgraduate certificate in education, or a professional graduate diploma of education, or
o a Higher National Diploma (HND) from a Scottish institution.
 They either:
o studied for the eligible award at a UK institution that is a UK recognised or listed body, or holds a sponsor licence under Tier 4 of the points-based system, or,
o are claiming points for having been awarded an HND at a Scottish publicly funded institution of further or higher education, or at a Scottish bona fide private education institution which maintains satisfactory records of enrolment and attendance.
 Their period of UK study and/or research towards their eligible award were undertaken while they had entry clearance, leave to enter or remain in the UK that was not subject to a restriction preventing them from undertaking a course of study and/or research.
 The date they were awarded the eligible qualification and demonstrate the application for leave to remain as a Tier 1 (Post-study work) migrant was made within 12 months of obtaining the eligible award or within 12 months of completing a UK foundation programme office affiliated foundation programme as a postgraduate doctor or dentist.
If, on the balance of probabilities, you are satisfied sufficient evidence has been provided to show the applicant has met one of the above criteria, you must award the applicant 75 points under Appendix A and 10 points under Appendix B of the Immigration Rules.
If you have any concerns about whether any evidence provided should be accepted, you must discuss the application with your senior caseworker or line manager.

Now what i belive they have themselves taken a step back by accepting the BALANCE OF PROBABILITIES APPROACH . You see they have not at any time mentioned these qualification requirements in immigration rules so thats why they have given the authority to caseworkers to decide cases on balance of probabilities because they will now expect cases if refused legally challenging the status of POLICY GUIDANCE under the guidlines of ALVI JUDGEMENT

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:09 pm

Appendix A is part of the rules!

Noman83

Post by Noman83 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:56 pm

Greenie wrote:Appendix A is part of the rules!
can you give me a reference please as i cant ind it ..

Noman83

Post by Noman83 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:05 pm

Noman83 wrote:
Greenie wrote:Appendix A is part of the rules!
can you give me a reference please as i cant find it ..
No I cannot find these requirements in the Appendex A as well even there is no PSW over there

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixa/

Noman83

Post by Noman83 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:27 pm

Greenie wrote:Please see an archived version of the rules containing the sections on psw. Do take a look at appendix a where you will see the list of qualifications which earn the applicant the necessary points. I don't think there is any point repeating why acca papers are not a degree although i am sure the misguided arguments about the royal charter and how everyone knows who acca is and therefore it is a recognised body will resurface.

Notes

12. Qualifications and/or earnings will not be taken into account if the applicant was in breach of the UK's immigration laws at the time those qualifications were studied for or those earnings were made.
Qualifications: notes

13. An applicant will be awarded no points for a Bachelor's degree if:

(a) his last grant of entry clearance was as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the rules in place between 31 March 2009 and 5 April 2010, or

(b) (i) he has had leave to remain as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the rules in place between 31 March 2009 and 5 April 2010, and

(ii) his previous entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain before that leave was not as a Highly skilled Migrant, as a Writer, Composer or artist, as a self-employed lawyer, or as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant.

14. Specified documents must be provided as evidence of the qualification, unless the applicant has, or was last granted, leave as a Highly skilled Migrant or a Tier 1 (General) Migrant and previously scored points for the same qualification in respect of which points are being claimed in this application.

15. Points will only be awarded for an academic qualification if an applicant's qualification is deemed by the national academic recognition information Centre for the United Kingdom (UK NARIC) to meet or exceed the recognised standard of a Bachelor?s or Master's degree or a PhD, as appropriate, in the UK.

16. Points will also be awarded for vocational and professional qualifications that are deemed by UK NARIC or the appropriate UK professional body to be equivalent to a Bachelor's or Master's degree or a PhD in the UK.

17. If the applicant has, or was last granted, leave as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant or a Highly skilled Migrant and the qualification for which points are now claimed was, in the applicant's last successful application for leave or for a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme approval letter, assessed to be of a higher level than now indicated by UK NARIC, the higher score of points will be awarded in this application too.

Greenie i went to the link you provided to us and searched for the immigration rules and i have concluded that the immigration rules psw qualification was not incorporated in Immigration rules as there was nothing over there for PSW .

Now one table i found was very likely to be near to PSW Guidance and as it said Other Applications for further leave i am assuming you relied on this for your evidence well still this is highly unlikely that this is the rules for PSW but for the sake of argument I STILL QUALIFY FOR PSW EVEN IF THESE RULES ARE INCORPORATED IN IMMIGRATION RULES because it goes on to define QUALIFICATION TYPE AS "16. Points will also be awarded for vocational and professional qualifications that are deemed by UK NARIC or the appropriate UK professional body to be equivalent to a Bachelor's or Master's degree or a PhD in the UK."

So to cut a long story short nobody has provided any logical evidence against y i should not get the PSW . Only thing i have got from this forum is sarcasm , trying to degrade others , trying to pretend as they know everything and repeating the same rote learned sentence again and again "ACCA is not a Degree blah blah blah " .

But i appreciate the advices from Greenie as the argument i had with Greenie was always logical and with evidence .

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:16 pm

See here-table 10

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... appendixa/

You are looking at the current immigration rules-hence why you won't find the relevant section on psw as those paragraphs have now been deleted due to the route closing.

The attributes you are referring to are for tier 1 general, which are not relevant to tier 1 psw, although you will note the lack of references to points for vocational qualifications in the table for psw, like the ones you have highlighted in bold for tier 1 general, and for a very specific reason, parliament did not intend for vocational /professional qualifications to earn points for psw.

Noman83

Post by Noman83 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:24 pm

Greenie wrote:See here-table 10

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... appendixa/

You are looking at the current immigration rules-hence why you won't find the relevant section on psw as those paragraphs have now been deleted due to the route closing.

The attributes you are referring to are for tier 1 general, which are not relevant to tier 1 psw, although you will note the lack of references to points for vocational qualifications in the table for psw, like the ones you have highlighted in bold for tier 1 general, and for a very specific reason, parliament did not intend for vocational /professional qualifications to earn points for psw.
Yes i can see that now and yeah you are right they are over there . I will have a breif look and will see what is the effect as if they are over there then there is no impact of alvi judgement on Psw cases . Will see what comes up next Thanks again Greenie

foreverdeux
Newly Registered

Post by foreverdeux » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:16 pm

Guys guys, seriously..
Who cares whether fundamental level is equivalent/equal to uk college degree or not?!

I received my psw visa based on fundamental level today baby!!!
Thats all that matters at the end of the day, isnt it?!

malik5805
BANNED

Post by malik5805 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:15 pm

foreverdeux wrote:Guys guys, seriously..
Who cares whether fundamental level is equivalent/equal to uk college degree or not?!

i am
very happy for you .. Congrats.. Whoever gets jealous we dont care... Plz let us knw yr timeline when did u apply and when did u gt yr decision.. thanks in advance

Noman83

Post by Noman83 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Congratulations !!! Please update your timeline so we can prepare ourselve for the worst scenario thanks

malik5805
BANNED

Post by malik5805 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:57 pm

Noman83 wrote:

Congratulations !!! Please update your timeline so we can prepare ourselve for the worst scenario thanks
One of my close friend applied in dec last year and got refused in feb and the he won his appeal in august and last wek hes got hos passport along with BrP card.. We shud give ourselves another month and if ours visa got refused then it might will take another 6 months.. hope not.. really depressing because my employer might will ask visa again given him letter but he was reluctant that time and might he will not tolerate anymore.. Please pray for everyone

malik5805
BANNED

Post by malik5805 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:50 pm

Hello everyone;;;Hope you all ok?? Please share if anyone got passport back...mine is over 6 month now and thinking to ring them but i knw few people whoz thier timeline is even over 7 months...
I think all of the other people got the decision on thier application instead of ACCA students...