ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ceremony invitation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ghummy

ceremony invitation

Post by ghummy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:47 pm

hi people, just after some thoughts.

wife got her approval last thursday, was very surprised since the whole process from posting to receiving approval took less than 2 months.

my question is, how long have people waiting before they actually received their invitation letter for the ceremony?

i phoned the local authority to attempt to book however they said they cant book it until we have the invitation letter, so was just wandering how long before we get it based on peoples experiences.

thanks

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:08 pm

hi ghummy, i got my invitation letter 8 days after my approval letter

austin.pawers
Newly Registered

Post by austin.pawers » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:53 pm

hi ghummy,

I haven't receive my ceremony letter yet. My 2 weeks are over

addh
- thin ice -

Post by addh » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:39 pm

I got mine in 1 week

Jellybean123
Newly Registered

Post by Jellybean123 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:55 pm

I've also received my approval letter last Thursday and am still waiting for my invitation letter.

ghummy

Post by ghummy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:36 am

just an update, the ceremony invitation letter came friday, exactly 7 days after the approval.

private ceremony booked this coming thursday for a tidy sum of £75. finally the end is in sight,

thanks to all that helped.

hillybilly
Newly Registered

Aprpoval / Ceremony Invitation

Post by hillybilly » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:00 pm

Received my invitation letter on October 12th [dated October 5th] (made the application through NCS on July 25th). No sign of approval letter, so far. Called the Registrar office and they said it doesn't matter if I don'r receive the approval letter.
Perhaps it is the Citizenship Certificate that is given after the oath/pledge is what really matters.
Hope they are right about it.
Called the council (Hillingdon) to book the ceremony OCtober 15th the next available date was November 20th. Hope this bit of info gives and idea to the ones guessing this.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Aprpoval / Ceremony Invitation

Post by Jambo » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:05 pm

hillybilly wrote:Received my invitation letter on October 12th [dated October 5th] (made the application through NCS on July 25th). No sign of approval letter, so far. Called the Registrar office and they said it doesn't matter if I don'r receive the approval letter.
Perhaps it is the Citizenship Certificate that is given after the oath/pledge is what really matters.
Hope they are right about it.
Called the council (Hillingdon) to book the ceremony OCtober 15th the next available date was November 20th. Hope this bit of info gives and idea to the ones guessing this.
Not sure if this practice is still is place but in the past NCS applicants would only get one letter, a combined approval & invitation. Postal applicants got two letters.

ghummy

Post by ghummy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:25 pm

my wifes wasnt done through NCS, we submitted everything ourselves and have done since the original spouse visa and only consulting solicitors for advice.

she got an approval letter, followed by the invitation a week later, but i think all that really matters is the certificate after the ceremony because thats all that IPS wants really.

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:50 am

i applied through NCS and i got both invitation and approval letter in a single letter.

I called the council and finally for private appt as the public cermony dates are too far.