ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

flipper77

RC Received!!!!

Post by flipper77 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:56 pm

Just to let everyone know - I received my RC (EEA2) today.

I had been in discussions (email/phone) with the UKBA in regards to a complaint I made back in December with regard to requesting return of passports - I think maybe because my file was being looked at due to the complaint, they've probably just processed the application at the same time.

The date of issue is 9th February (Saturday), and Royal Mail had attempted delivery yesterday (13/2), but I wasn't home to sign for it.

The UKBA took 123 days to decide my case.

Very happy day today! :D
EEA2 Application sent: 09/10/2012
Received by UKBA: 10/10/2012
COA received: 19/10/2012 (dated 17/10/2012)
Passports requested: 14/11/12, 28/11/12 & 12/12/12 (email) and 11/12/12 (mail)
Passports received: 17/12/2012
RC received: 14/02/2013

fahad346

Re: RC Received!!!!

Post by fahad346 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:59 pm

flipper77 wrote:Just to let everyone know - I received my RC (EEA2) today.

I had been in discussions (email/phone) with the UKBA in regards to a complaint I made back in December with regard to requesting return of passports - I think maybe because my file was being looked at due to the complaint, they've probably just processed the application at the same time.

The date of issue is 9th February (Saturday), and Royal Mail had attempted delivery yesterday (13/2), but I wasn't home to sign for it.

That great dude nice to hear that ! now made a wonderful valentines day ;) best of luck

fahad346

Post by fahad346 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:00 pm

flipper77 wrote:Just to let everyone know - I received my RC (EEA2) today.

IS it on A4 paper or in passport ?

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:06 pm

fahad346 wrote: IS it on A4 paper or in passport ?
It is on A4 paper (the UKBA didn't have my passport - I didn't want to risk sending it back to them!). Also, my passport expires in 2015 and my RC in 2018, so the freestanding ISD is better for me.

sofia.d.c

Post by sofia.d.c » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:32 pm

Good for you, flipper! Thanks for all of your help throughout your ordeal, I hope you have a wonderful five years, which will come to an abrupt end when you need to apply for your PR.... just kidding, enjoy your RC!

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:40 pm

sofia.d.c wrote:Good for you, flipper! Thanks for all of your help throughout your ordeal, I hope you have a wonderful five years, which will come to an abrupt end when you need to apply for your PR.... just kidding, enjoy your RC!
Thanks sofia! Fingers crossed I'll be back in Australia long before the 5 years are up, enjoying the sunshine! But, before that we'll be applying for my other half to get a visa for Aus - for some reason, I think it'll be a much smoother process!

dcruz

Post by dcruz » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:52 pm

thefly wrote:
waki wrote:Guys!!september applicants must be patient as lots of august applicants are still for their RC.
Yeaph, that's true. As I said my husband applied for his RC on August 21st and we still don't have any news. Do you guys think I should write to the UKBA and remind them about the approaching deadline? How do you reach them? I have tried this email address: ukbaeuropeanenquires@ukba.gsi.gov.uk but every email bounces back undelivered.
He should have started working on January 21st. But then we went to Italy in December (damn us!) and we applied for a EEA Family permit before coming back and now we are still waiting for that situation to be resolved as well. Can you believe that? Two applications still pending!
Luckily his employer has been understanding so far but I'm not sure how long more they will be willing to wait. For this same reason I was asking about the CoA expiration date. If his residence card is not back on time will he still able to take employment only with his CoA?
Even i tried its same bounces back

waki

Post by waki » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:07 pm

[quote="flipper77"][quote="waki"]Hi All,anyone with opinion on what to when your eea2 has exceeded the 6months timeline.All opinion will be highly appreciated.[/quote]

If it were me, I would do all of the following:

1. Email the UKBA at LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk
2. Send a letter, by recorded/special delivery
3. Email the complaints address at UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
4. Contact local MP: [url]http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/[/url]

Just make sure your correspondence is very clear, include the timeline of your application, your Special Delivery Tracking Number, your Home Office Case ID etc.

Good Luck![/quote]Check this out,its the way to go,hopefully it helps.

fahad346

Post by fahad346 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:39 am

Today I have received a COA which states I dont have rights to work in the UK until they decided my application because i appled as a unmarried partner who is exercising as a self sufficient which is not true they just copied pasted from someone's else COA into my.

True that i applied as a married partners to an EEA nation who is exercising her treaty via employment :oops:

Application sent : 11/12/12
HO received on: 12/12/12
Wrote so many letters, phone calls for COA
COA received : 15/2/13 (dated 11/2/13)

chinouk

Post by chinouk » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:16 pm

Hi guys,
I received my COA today, I sent my EEA2 together with my partner EEA3 4 weeks ago. He is so happy, now he can request his passport back. Here is my timeline, now just wait for my RC.

andyjohnst

Post by andyjohnst » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:46 pm

Alright peeps,

Been waiting for 1 month now since we submitted my wife's EEA2 (Surinder Singh route). A lot of people seem to be getting the COA a lot quicker. We submitted on 15th and it was received on the 16th.

Is it worth sending an email to request return of documents/passports etc before they issue the COA and if doing so will they ask for them all back again at some point?

Cheers guys.

sofia.d.c

Post by sofia.d.c » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:39 pm

Hey Andy,

I submitted my EEA1/2 application which was received January 14th, but haven't received a COA either. We did request our passports back, though, which we got in eight days. We requested them by citing our Royal Mail reference.

andyjohnst

Post by andyjohnst » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:00 pm

Hi Sofia,

Thanks for the info.

Did you get just the passports back or all supporting documents too?

Did you use the standard mail for to request the return of documents and did you email it to the Liverpool email address?

I hate the fact they have such sensitive, original documents for so long as should they lose them, these are our only originals ;/

andyjohnst

Post by andyjohnst » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:31 pm

Just out of curiosity, what does the RC look like in UK? In Ireland, you are given a stamp in your passport, along with a GNIB Card, which states your entitlement and is valid for 5 years.

I just read, after requesting a return of documents, that if the UKBA do not have your passport when they make their decision, that if you want it putting into your passport you may need to make a further application, which costs £220 if you post it or £661 if made in person.

So I am presuming that we have requested our documents that they won’t ask for the passport back when a decision is made as they will want to get the fee.

Can they charge us this fee if we want my wife’s passport endorsed? Would be a bit of a pain if it a bit of paper which you have to carry around with you when leaving and entering to prove you can stay here. Something else, it will probably have to be apostilled to prove it is genuine.

Any help here would be appreciated.

hari.s

Post by hari.s » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:45 pm

Hello folks. New member on these boards. This thread is supremely informative. Good to browse through it.

I'm a Non-EEA national married to an EEA national. Here's my history:

Got my 1st EEA FP for 6 months in September 2012 valid until March 2013. Submitted my EEA2 dossier to the UKBA address in Liverpool along with my wife's EEA1 dossier this week.

Timeline:

EEA1 + EEA2 applications dispatched: February 11, 2013
Applications received by UKBA (according to Royalmail): February 12, 2013
COA: ?
EEA1: ?
EEA2: ?

Hope this goes along smoothly. Meanwhile, good luck to all of you waiting for decisions on your respective applications.

Cheers!

sofia.d.c

Post by sofia.d.c » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Hey Andy,

I filled out a form and sent it to the Liverpool address, but you should ask your EEA spouse to do it (I'm the EEA national). I only requested our passports back, no other documents, but I've heard of someone requesting more than just the passports successfully.

If you request the passports back, chances are you'll get a separate card with your RC on it. It does NOT matter that it's not in your passport, and it would be silly to pay the exorbitant fee and put your passports out of your hands again just to include the RC within.

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:07 pm

andyjohnst wrote:I just read, after requesting a return of documents, that if the UKBA do not have your passport when they make their decision, that if you want it putting into your passport you may need to make a further application, which costs £220 if you post it or £661 if made in person.
Hi andyjohnst,

Where did you read that? I've never heard of that before, and I'm almost 100% sure that anything to do with EEA applications must be provided free of charge.

andyjohnst

Post by andyjohnst » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:05 am

flipper77 wrote:
Hi andyjohnst,

Where did you read that? I've never heard of that before, and I'm almost 100% sure that anything to do with EEA applications must be provided free of charge.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -passport/ It's here. And when you send a request to return documents to liverpooleuro.passportreturns@ukba.gsi.gov.uk in the suto response it says "Please note that a request for the return of your documents will not result in your application being considered quicker than standard processing times. In some circumstances we may need to request the return of your documents to complete a decision on your application and If your passport is not with UK Border Agency at the time of decision then you may need to make a new application should you require the transfer of your Residence Card into your passport.

I'm thinking I made a bad move now, requesting passport/documents back etc. BTW, I am a UK citizen and wife is non-eu.

Low and behold, what can through this morning. COA with rights to work.

It's mental. The COA is just a photocopy. Anyone could make them. I thought as it is kind of important for potential employers it would be a little more official than that. Typical UKBA!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:22 am

This is for people under the immigration rules not the EEA regulation. There is no facility to transfer RC to a new passport but there is no need to do so.
Low and behold, what can through this morning. COA with rights to work.

It's mental. The COA is just a photocopy. Anyone could make them. I thought as it is kind of important for potential employers it would be a little more official than that. Typical UKBA!
The CoA is not enough proof for employers. They are required to call the UKBA employers helpline to confirm the CoA but I agree it doesn't look very official...

mstevens
Newly Registered

Post by mstevens » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:20 pm

Hello people

There are 18 days left until we reach the 6 month deadline for my wife's ongoing RC application.

We have not requested our documents back at any point during the application so far.

I am wondering whether it is now worth it for us to request our documents back, in the hope that it will prod the UKBA to look at our file and issue the RC at the same time?

I would be interested to hear people's thoughts on this.

Many thanks.

thefly
Newly Registered

Post by thefly » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:43 pm

Hey guys,
I'm back with some updates on my husband's case. I have posted earlier but briefly the situation is as follow. My husband is an American Citizen and I am Italian. I'm exercising Treaty Rights in the UK. He is leaving with me in the UK since we got married 1 yr ago. He applied for his RC in August 2012 and we received his CoA in October 2012.
In November 2012 we got our passports back (after asking for them) and in December we travelled to Italy. We made the big mistake of re-applying for a new EEA Family Permit before coming back to the UK because UKBA suggested us to. We had to withdraw the application because after 2months his Family Permit was not ready yet. He received his application package back and his passport has a new stamp in the visa pages that says "wdn 12-02-13" and some other codes. I'm assuming they stand for withdrawn and the date we ask for withdrawal.
Now he is still in Italy and we are planning the best way for bringing him back. He still hasn't received his RC (supposed deadline 21-02-13) here in UK. At this point I am pretty sure the RC won't be here on time.
I am thinking to go to Italy and pick him up so we can come back together to the UK. He is going to show at the border Marriage Certificate, CoA, my paystubs and my letter of employment and a letter of the bank saying we have a joint bank account. Here are my questions:
1) do you think it is going to be a problem if we come back after the 21-02-13, when his CoA will in theory expire?
2)how hard is it to get a Code 1A stamp so he can start working as soon as he gets back instead of keep waiting for his RC?
3) do you think they will give us a hard time because we withdrawn an application?
4)is it really such a bad idea for him to travel alone without me?

I know it's a lot of info all together but I will appreciate any feedback. Thanks

thefly
Newly Registered

Post by thefly » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:51 pm

mstevens wrote:
I am wondering whether it is now worth it for us to request our documents back, in the hope that it will prod the UKBA to look at our file and issue the RC at the same time?
Don't keep your hopes up about that. Requesting your passports back is no guarantee that they will process you application faster. In my case I think it rather played against us... sorry :(

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:46 pm

thefly wrote:Hey guys,
I'm back with some updates on my husband's case. I have posted earlier but briefly the situation is as follow. My husband is an American Citizen and I am Italian. I'm exercising Treaty Rights in the UK. He is leaving with me in the UK since we got married 1 yr ago. He applied for his RC in August 2012 and we received his CoA in October 2012.
In November 2012 we got our passports back (after asking for them) and in December we travelled to Italy. We made the big mistake of re-applying for a new EEA Family Permit before coming back to the UK because UKBA suggested us to. We had to withdraw the application because after 2months his Family Permit was not ready yet. He received his application package back and his passport has a new stamp in the visa pages that says "wdn 12-02-13" and some other codes. I'm assuming they stand for withdrawn and the date we ask for withdrawal.
Now he is still in Italy and we are planning the best way for bringing him back. He still hasn't received his RC (supposed deadline 21-02-13) here in UK. At this point I am pretty sure the RC won't be here on time.
I am thinking to go to Italy and pick him up so we can come back together to the UK. He is going to show at the border Marriage Certificate, CoA, my paystubs and my letter of employment and a letter of the bank saying we have a joint bank account. Here are my questions:
1) do you think it is going to be a problem if we come back after the 21-02-13, when his CoA will in theory expire?

If he got the required evidence, it doesn't matter that his CoA has expired. See hellrose's story.
2)how hard is it to get a Code 1A stamp so he can start working as soon as he gets back instead of keep waiting for his RC?
if he is admitted as a spouse of EEA national, he will get a code 1A. That's the only stamp they can give him.
3) do you think they will give us a hard time because we withdrawn an application?
they might ask about it but he just need to explain the circumstances. Waiting for a visa for two months just doesn't make sense.
4)is it really such a bad idea for him to travel alone without me?
it would be easier with you but as long as he knows his rights and can communicate in English (I would guess this is not an issue), he should be fine.

thefly
Newly Registered

Post by thefly » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:04 pm

Thanks a LOT Jambo. I don't even know why I am panicking. We have been waiting for so long that we are starting to think that something is wrong with us or our applications. We really just want to move on with our lives. We don't hurt anyone. I'm tearing up and I feel stupid but I am under a great deal of stress and confusion and even my closest friend and family are starting to ask why are we ever in this situation. And I have to try to convince them and myself that we are not the only ones. For this reason I would also like to thank everyone in this forum because knowing that you are there helps to feel less lonely and a bit understood.
I'll keep you updated if you like. Fingers crossed. He is going to be travelling on Tuesday morning alone because we cannot afford otherwise. Wish us luck.
Good night everyone

mstevens
Newly Registered

Post by mstevens » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:24 am

I don't suppose anyone has any other suggestions on the below?

Thanks
mstevens wrote:Hello people

There are 18 days left until we reach the 6 month deadline for my wife's ongoing RC application.

We have not requested our documents back at any point during the application so far.

I would be interested to hear people's thoughts on this.

Many thanks.