ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chiefogunde
Newly Registered

Post by chiefogunde » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:54 pm

Thanks.but its difficult to know what to search on whatdotheyknow,bcos i am seriously thinking about taking them up on this.I would much appreciate it if you can copy the link.

hari.s

Post by hari.s » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:12 am

tweety0211 wrote:do you guys think that nationality of non-EEA has something to do with application processing times??
I had a look at statistics showing numer of people who had settled in the UK on spouse visa from my country in past four years did not exceed 150, where as from some countries in the same period more than 30 thousand applied to settle in the UK as a spouse/partner.
True. Not only this, the EEA spouse's nationality seems to be a factor too. For example, an East European faces additional scrutiny. Similarly, for non-EEA applicants, I sense certain major African nations (especially Nigeria & Ghana) and all South Asian nations face major scrutiny.

Now take an East European EEA national applying with a non-EEA South Asian/African spouse, and it seems it would make for an endless wait. Unfortunately, I fall under this category. This is why it worries me.

P.S. If you don't mind me asking, would you be willing to share what your & your spouse's nationalities are?
EEA FP: 07/09/2012
UK entry: 23/09/2012
EEA1+EEA2: 19/04/2013
Non-EEA PR+EEA DCPR: 11/12/2017+16/12/2017
British citizenship: 06/12/2018

hari.s

Post by hari.s » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:18 am

Just reposting myself from the previous page and hope someone does take notice of this and respond. I'd be extremely grateful for your guidance.

Thanks in advance.

hari.s wrote:Been almost a month since I sent my EEA2 application along with my European spouse's EEA1 application.

How long must I wait for a COA? If I do want to contact them to request one, how do I do it? Is there an email for this?

Since I have no reference/file number or anything like that, I was wondering if they'd be able to help purely on the basis of our names.
EEA FP: 07/09/2012
UK entry: 23/09/2012
EEA1+EEA2: 19/04/2013
Non-EEA PR+EEA DCPR: 11/12/2017+16/12/2017
British citizenship: 06/12/2018

ideal13
Newly Registered

Post by ideal13 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:22 am

hari.s wrote:
tweety0211 wrote:do you guys think that nationality of non-EEA has something to do with application processing times??
I had a look at statistics showing numer of people who had settled in the UK on spouse visa from my country in past four years did not exceed 150, where as from some countries in the same period more than 30 thousand applied to settle in the UK as a spouse/partner.
True. Not only this, the EEA spouse's nationality seems to be a factor too. For example, an East European faces additional scrutiny. Similarly, for non-EEA applicants, I sense certain major African nations (especially Nigeria & Ghana) and all South Asian nations face major scrutiny.

Now take an East European EEA national applying with a non-EEA South Asian/African spouse, and it seems it would make for an endless wait. Unfortunately, I fall under this category. This is why it worries me.

P.S. If you don't mind me asking, would you be willing to share what your & your spouse's nationalities are?

Hey ,

I am Eastern European non-EEA national, and my husband is German. i have been waiting for 5 months and 2 weeks now, and still no answer...

tweety0211

Post by tweety0211 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:23 am

here we go guys, the link showing figures of spouse visas issued in the UK, by country. Hope you find this useful.

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... 9.doc.html

ravii

Post by ravii » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:39 am

Pakistan is on top with 32960,India is on second with 24421 and united states on third with 13610.
Best regards

tweety0211

Post by tweety0211 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:21 am

ravii wrote:Pakistan is on top with 32960,India is on second with 24421 and united states on third with 13610.
yes, that's why im not surprised why they take time to decide on applications fom these nationals. I know it is not fair to all those genuine couples and is nerv wrecking, but from on the other hand many people get through even though they are not genuine.

chiefogunde
Newly Registered

ideal13

Post by chiefogunde » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:36 pm

Hi Ideal13,
I bet u are from ukraine or russia.those are foes of the country and they will do anything to make life difficult for their citizens.

chiefogunde
Newly Registered

Post by chiefogunde » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:59 pm

Thanks tweety for the link but the details is for non eu spouses who aplied on that the immigration rule not European rule.
Dear UK Border Agency,

I would like the figures for non eu spouses allowed to enter the uk
From 2008 until this request is received if possible a country by
country breakdown

Yours faithfully,

David sinclair

londonman

Post by londonman » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:14 pm

Just to let you know guys I requested our passports back yesterday. I am an October applicant, almost 5 months by now so let's see if UKBA take a look to my dusty application and decide now! Lol Let's see what happens.
Good luck to everyone!

yogsmith
- thin ice -

Post by yogsmith » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:59 pm

ravii wrote:Pakistan is on top with 32960,India is on second with 24421 and united states on third with 13610.
This is a list of figures under UK immigration law and Not EEA immigration law.
However question is why these three countries top the list? What would be logical reason?
Not being bias what I think is:

> UK's largest Non-European population comes from Indian ancestry. (Including British Indian and non-EEA Indian) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-reside ... ian_origin
> Largest Population of Pakistani living outside Pakistan are in the UK. (This case is different about India, It was South Africa before but now USA). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistani_diaspora
> Largest Population of English white people living outside UK are in the USA, Australia and Spain. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_diaspora

According to this data it look so obvious that these three countries top the list in the UK migration.

sofia.d.c

Post by sofia.d.c » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:46 pm

Hey guys, I'm here to give you some hope! My boyfriend and I returned from Italy yesterday to find that both our RC's had arrived! I am an Italian national exercising treaty rights as a student, he's a Canadian citizen who was working on the Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa. Here's our timeline:

January 14th - joint EEA1 & EEA2 application received by HO
January 28th - requested our passports back for travel (I didn't have anything booked, but didn't want to book anything until our passports came through).
February 4th - requested passports back again
February 8th - received passports back with a letter dated the 4th
March 2-8 - somewhere in that week, received our RC's, both dated February 19th.

I was actually planning on writing a letter to the UKBA asking if our application was alright on Monday, as it would have marked two months since our application was received, but we hadn't received our COA's. I guess it didn't matter though!

Good luck to everyone, I hope your journey is as easy as ours was! My biggest suggestion to everyone who speaks English as a second language is to be sure that your grammar and writing is correct when getting in contact with the UKBA, I'm sure they won't take an email written in all lower case letters that takes three times to read to make any sense the time of day. I'm just basing this on how some people write their posts in this forum; I know it's just online chatting, but it's tedious and difficult to read, and might get your application sent to the bottom of the pile. Just my two cents!
Last edited by sofia.d.c on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dcruz

Post by dcruz » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:46 pm

londonman wrote:Just to let you know guys I requested our passports back yesterday. I am an October applicant, almost 5 months by now so let's see if UKBA take a look to my dusty application and decide now! Lol Let's see what happens.
Good luck to everyone!
I m also October applicant, I requested my passport in January, they just send me my passport in 7 days no RC. Please keep us updated.

londonman

Post by londonman » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:27 pm

dcruz wrote:
londonman wrote:Just to let you know guys I requested our passports back yesterday. I am an October applicant, almost 5 months by now so let's see if UKBA take a look to my dusty application and decide now! Lol Let's see what happens.
Good luck to everyone!
I m also October applicant, I requested my passport in January, they just send me my passport in 7 days no RC. Please keep us updated.
And what's your situation? nationality? Married? spouse working?

Thanks!

Egyptian lover

Post by Egyptian lover » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:59 pm

I am an october applicant and sent reuest for passport back yesterday and now waiting!!
Application sent : 18/10/12
received : 19/10/12
COA received : 21/10/12 ( with right to work)
Passport requested 9/3/13.
Passport received with RC 3/4/2012
(RC issued 15/3/13 , Letter dated 27/3/13)

dcruz

Post by dcruz » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:10 pm

londonman wrote:
dcruz wrote:
Good luck to everyone!
And what's your situation? nationality? Married? spouse working?

Thanks!
Married to eea national its 5 years we been married and got a baby and spouce working full time.

ideal13
Newly Registered

Re: ideal13

Post by ideal13 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:54 pm

chiefogunde wrote:Hi Ideal13,
I bet u are from ukraine or russia.those are foes of the country and they will do anything to make life difficult for their citizens.
Yeah, I am Russian. oh, yes I know that we are not the favorite nation)))However, I still hope that everything will be fine. We have been living with my husband together for nearly 5 years now, and married for 1.5 years. Application was made not in a rush, because i actually had my old visa still valid. And i really hope everything should be fine. But obviously i am scared a lot. Because do not know what to expect from the UKBA....

chiefogunde
Newly Registered

Post by chiefogunde » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:07 pm

Hi Ideal13,
I thought as much.But dnt worry u will be fine.The delays are far common among cases being handle by ukba NWEURO5 case worker team but i wish you all the best.

tialad2003
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by tialad2003 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:09 pm

@ chief ogunde
So is there a special team assigned recently for new cases?

ideal13
Newly Registered

Post by ideal13 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:13 pm

chiefogunde wrote:Hi Ideal13,
I thought as much.But dnt worry u will be fine.The delays are far common among cases being handle by ukba NWEURO5 case worker team but i wish you all the best.
Hi chiefogunde,

thanks a lot. Currently i stil have 2 weeks even 2 weeks and 3 days untill my deadline. It is just i am worried so much because i will loose my job if i dont get it on time... therefore...
How about you? I read about your situation, really sorry to hear that. did you contact your MP??

chiefogunde
Newly Registered

Post by chiefogunde » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:32 pm

They are not special team,application are just distributed to case worker who are part of caseworking team.i think they have nweuro1 to nweuro8 for north west region.
Ideal13,thanksfor your concern but you dnt have to be sorry,i have a long history with them and eventually i will be fine.it just that i am a full time husband which is depressing but lucky that wifes pay is good.
Last edited by chiefogunde on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ideal13
Newly Registered

Post by ideal13 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:35 pm

chiefogunde wrote:They are not special team,application are just distributed to case worker who are part of caseworker team.i think they have nweuro1 to nweuro8 for north west region.
Ideal13,thanksfor your concern but you dnt have to be sorry,i have a long history with them and eventually i will be fine.it just that i am a full time husband which is depressing but lucky that wifes pay is good.
So they the UKBA doesnt reply to anything???
my MP sent a letter to them, but they seem to be ingoring it so far. But Mp says we need to wait for 6 weeks for their response

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:49 am

Congratulations Sofia! See - you had no need to worry at all!
sofia.d.c wrote:Hey guys, I'm here to give you some hope! My boyfriend and I returned from Italy yesterday to find that both our RC's had arrived!
You do mean your husband don't you??? :wink:
sofia.d.c wrote:My biggest suggestion to everyone who speaks English as a second language is to be sure that your grammar and writing is correct when getting in contact with the UKBA, I'm sure they won't take an email written in all lower case letters that takes three times to read to make any sense the time of day. I'm just basing this on how some people write their posts in this forum;
I agree with you 100% on this one - some posts are near impossible to read, or simply don't make sense - and I'm sure with the number of queries the UKBA receive, they'd be trying to answer the simple ones first!
EEA2 Application sent: 09/10/2012
Received by UKBA: 10/10/2012
COA received: 19/10/2012 (dated 17/10/2012)
Passports requested: 14/11/12, 28/11/12 & 12/12/12 (email) and 11/12/12 (mail)
Passports received: 17/12/2012
RC received: 14/02/2013

sofia.d.c

Post by sofia.d.c » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:57 am

Thanks Flipper!

And yes - I do mean "husband," I suppose I'm just not used to it yet!

I know we didn't need to worry at all, it's crazy! My friend is Canadian and moved to London with her Netherlands husband and two kids, and it's been eight months for her without even receiving a COA. She's requested her passports back 10 times, nothing, she's still struggling. I'm kind of scared to tell her we already got everything sorted out... but I'm thrilled!

Netopor
Newly Registered

RC today

Post by Netopor » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:41 am

Hey guys,
I've just got my RC today so happy and relieved :)

here is my timeline

EEA2 sent: 3/01/13
EEA2 HO received: 4/01/13
COA received: 1/02/13 dated: 29/01/13
RC received: 11/03/13 dated : 4/03/13

just 2 and a half months :)) never call or email after got COA

wish all you good luck