ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Personal loan affecting EEA2 RC application?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vinnie0020
India

Personal loan affecting EEA2 RC application?

Post by vinnie0020 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:14 pm

Hi There,

Recently i have been asked to attend an interview regarding EEA2 RC with my spouse and also my and my spouse's bank statement for last 6 months is requested as well. Now my query is that is there any adverse effect on my application for having a personal loan which i took in last 6 months. ( i am a non EEA family member of EU national).

This personal loan was used to pay off my other education loan back home. Also do i need to present the same statment or other bank acc. statement can be used. Regards.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:33 pm

I really don't understand why six months bank statement has been requested. Is you application as a Self-Sufficient or Student.

Bank Statement is not a requirement for EEA application, although people can use it to evidence sufficient funds for Self-Sufficiency purpose, or to prove dependancy or proof of address.

Proof can alway be adduced by other means.

Personal loan will have no effect on your application, unless if it was used to show self Sufficiency. Even at that, it may be unreasonable to reject an application made on the basis of self Sufficiency, on the basis that there is a bank loan, which is been used to provide evidence of Self Sufficiency.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Personal loan affecting EEA2 RC application?

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:48 pm

vinnie0020 wrote:Hi There,

Recently i have been asked to attend an interview regarding EEA2 RC with my spouse and also my and my spouse's bank statement for last 6 months is requested as well. Now my query is that is there any adverse effect on my application for having a personal loan which i took in last 6 months. ( i am a non EEA family member of EU national).

This personal loan was used to pay off my other education loan back home. Also do i need to present the same statment or other bank acc. statement can be used. Regards.
Can you clarify 1st that either they need to see you and your EEA partner's bank statements at the time of interview or you need to send them through post.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

vinnie0020
India

Post by vinnie0020 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi Sheraz7,

They have sent me the letter for an interview along with my spouse and in the letter they have asked to bring the bank statement of our both for last 6 months. so i think they would be having a go on it while interview. (honestly i have no idea). Regards.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:54 pm

oh really! it must be an unnecessary addition into UKBA newly started interview scheme.
REGARDS

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:55 pm

They might want to use the bank statements to determine if your relationship is genuine (for example both of you are using money from the account on a regular basis). I don't know. Maybe.

vinnie0020
India

Post by vinnie0020 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:26 pm

Basically, when we apply for EEA2 RC we need to submit certain documents as a evidence for example. passports or id card.

Evidence of relationship (i sent marriage cretificate)

Evidence of exercising treaty right ( my wife is employed full time so i sent letter from employer, 2 pay slips)

for residence evidence: tenancy agreement, utility bills, bank statement, council tax bill etc. (i provided tenancy agreement, council tax bill, water bill with our both names on them)

i think this is sufficient for EEA2 RC. now i dont understand why the need my bank statement? i think personal loan is from bank which not a public fund or something so there should not be any fuss about it. Please advice if you guys have any info or personal experience than please share it here. Regards.

ravii

Post by ravii » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:50 pm

No need to worry about your personal loan unless you was declared insolvent in last 6 months.if you are paying installments regularly then it's fine.personal loans under the amonth of £ 15000 are not considerable in immigration matters unless any court/civil orders passed against applicant.I think recent reply is very much absolute that Ukba wanna see your past 6 months relations or they wanna see you statements to confirm any big transactions from your account to your wifes account.but I think you are a real couple so no need to worry.
Best regards

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:53 pm

vinnie0020 wrote:Basically, when we apply for EEA2 RC we need to submit certain documents as a evidence for example. passports or id card.

Evidence of relationship (i sent marriage cretificate)

Evidence of exercising treaty right ( my wife is employed full time so i sent letter from employer, 2 pay slips)

for residence evidence: tenancy agreement, utility bills, bank statement, council tax bill etc. (i provided tenancy agreement, council tax bill, water bill with our both names on them)

i think this is sufficient for EEA2 RC. now i dont understand why the need my bank statement? i think personal loan is from bank which not a public fund or something so there should not be any fuss about it. Please advice if you guys have any info or personal experience than please share it here. Regards.
The documents you described are more than sufficient to meet the application criteria. I do not think your application will be affected from your personal loan as long as you and bank are in touch/agreement. Therefore, asking 6 months bank statement especially at interview time is totally unnecessary as because your EEA partner is employed and you already sent joint named bills too.
REGARDS

vinnie0020
India

Post by vinnie0020 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:32 pm

Hi sheraz7,

This what i think too but lets see. cheers.

vinnie0020
India

Post by vinnie0020 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:36 pm

Thank you guys, thank you so much for your valuable piece of advice and for your time. Regards.

icexxik

Post by icexxik » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:49 pm

vinnie0020 wrote:Hi There,

If you are applying as self-sufficient, they will ask you questions about the source of your income. My wife wasn't asked to attend an interview, however, they asked questions in a letter about certain transactions on my bank statement. Be prepared.

vinnie0020
India

Post by vinnie0020 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:04 pm

If you are applying as self-sufficient, they will ask you questions about the source of your income. My wife wasn't asked to attend an interview, however, they asked questions in a letter about certain transactions on my bank statement. Be prepared.[/quote]

I am applying on the basis employed person as my wife is full time employed (eea national). cheers