ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 or EEA2? I need some help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Makendlas
Newly Registered

EEA4 or EEA2? I need some help

Post by Makendlas » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:16 am

I just finished the 5 years visa from the EEA2 application form, and I suppose to do the EEA4 but unfortunately I don't have all the evidence to prove that I been with my wife for 5 years, we broke up about nearly 3 years ago, but we never divorced, so if I can't apply for EEA4 can I apply a visa extension? And how do I do that? Please somebody give me some advise please.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:54 pm

Did you apply for a confirmation of retention of rights before now?

Makendlas
Newly Registered

Post by Makendlas » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:21 pm

Which application is that? I did finish EEA2 and now I think I should do the EEA4..

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:17 pm

If you have lived in the UK for 5 years and during that time you have been married to an EEA national (and have not actually divorced) you might already have acquired a right of permanent residence (PR), but it could be difficult to prove without your wife's co-operation.

Do you still have contact with your wife?

Has she been in the UK and exercising treaty rights (e.g. working, studying etc.) while you were together and since you broke up?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:08 pm

As you already have another post on the exact same topic, it's a waste of time of other people to duplicate the discussion here (and this is also not allowed by the forum rules).