ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Boycott, Boycott and Boycott

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Christianoronaldo

Boycott, Boycott and Boycott

Post by Christianoronaldo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:30 pm

Guys

As you know UKBA takes only 2 weeks on some applications and many months on other applications.

This is beloved. Please step up and boycott applying for british citizenship. Those who have already applied and waiting for many months should withdraw application. That is the only way to teach ukba.

Peterpan81

Re: Boycott, Boycott and Boycott

Post by Peterpan81 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:41 pm

Christianoronaldo wrote:Guys

As you know UKBA takes only 2 weeks on some applications and many months on other applications.

This is beloved. Please step up and boycott applying for british citizenship. Those who have already applied and waiting for many months should withdraw application. That is the only way to teach ukba.
So I gather you have withdrawn yours then !!!
It clearly states on the UKBA website it takes 6 months to process
Hi I would like to join this forum for the benefit of myself and others

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:29 pm

Christianoronaldo wrote:This is beloved
That is a bit of a harsh generalisation without any proof!!
If you don't like the process, no one is forcing you to stay in the UK.
British Citizenship is not an automatic right or entitlement regardless of an immigrants race and nationality and some applications are not as straightforward as applicants think.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Astrid24
- thin ice -

Post by Astrid24 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:32 pm

How is withdrawing your naturalisation application or not applying for naturalisation going to teach UKBA a lesson? Do you think they care if people want to become British? What difference will it make to them if less people apply? In fact, I'd say they'd even be glad to have less workload!

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:32 pm

NO.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:24 pm

Lol someone's enraged

Christianoronaldo

Post by Christianoronaldo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:26 am

Peterpan81 wrote:

I haven't withdrawn. Personally I have no problem if UKBA takes more time. I'm only raising my voice for those who are waiting for long and screaming. Someone should step up and support them. So just offering my free of cost support and free of cost valuable suggestions.

sihamjehjouh
Newly Registered

Post by sihamjehjouh » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:54 am

I think we need to count ourselves lucky. Unlike some other countries, the UK is failry quick enough to repons to British Naturalisation application.

For example in France, it will take not less than a year to get the French Naturalisation - I know from experiences from family members. Also when I naturalised about 10 years ago, my application took about 4 years to get processed and approved. They changed the law since then but it will still take a year or more.

Just be patient... all i can say even if some applications are decided quicker than others, it is still 6 months or less...

GOOD LUCK TO ALL !!!

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:27 am

Canada takes nearly 2 years, though they give citizenship after 3 years. Our process is much faster.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:54 pm

Much faster than the Spanish nationality process too. :roll:

psb

Post by psb » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:22 pm

In Italy it takes years to process such application.

In Germany, it is next to impossible.
Last edited by psb on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:27 pm

I can just imagine the Greek citizenship applications would take years and cost a fortune.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:02 pm

Christianoronaldo wrote:
Peterpan81 wrote:

I haven't withdrawn. Personally I have no problem if UKBA takes more time. I'm only raising my voice for those who are waiting for long and screaming. Someone should step up and support them. So just offering my free of cost support and free of cost valuable suggestions.
Your suggestion is useless and counter productive. so sussh... :lol:

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:19 pm

ric1982 wrote:
Christianoronaldo wrote: I haven't withdrawn. Personally I have no problem if UKBA takes more time. I'm only raising my voice for those who are waiting for long and screaming. Someone should step up and support them. So just offering my free of cost support and free of cost valuable suggestions.
Your suggestion is useless and counter productive. so sussh... :lol:
I disagree.

If everyone else will withdraw their application, he will not need to wait for long for his own application.

;-)

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:14 pm

I thought we're all in this together.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:57 pm

Christianoronaldo wrote:
Peterpan81 wrote:

Whatever your on I wan sum of that stuff :lol:

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:11 pm

Ireland can take years and years too.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=126509

beebritish

Post by beebritish » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:10 pm

njoy1987 wrote:
Christianoronaldo wrote:
Peterpan81 wrote:

Whatever your on I wan sum of that stuff :lol:
Lololol - likewise