ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa to India for British Citizen as a Indian Origin

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samu_rajj123
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Visa to India for British Citizen as a Indian Origin

Post by samu_rajj123 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:29 pm

Hi All,

I have searched this forum and other sites but could not find answer for the following, please help.

I got my British Passport in end of July 13, I have to travel to India in Sep 13. As I can not get OCI by this time, I am planning to apply for visa but I am not sure which visa to apply. Please clarify whether I should apply for Entry Visa or Tourist visa. I can find the list of documents to submit in VFS site but it would be helpful if someone can provide the visa type and list of documents to submit as to double check.

Thanks in advance.

push

Post by push » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:15 pm

You can apply for either. Long Term Entry VISA is valid for 5 years and allows you multiple entries.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

samu_rajj123
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by samu_rajj123 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:28 am

Thanks Push, can I apply for visa and OCI at the same time. Also please clarify whether is there any time limit for getting the OCI sticker stamped in British passport after OCI is approved. I will be going to India for 6weeks break in Sep 13, if in case I get my OCI approval when I am in India I can only send my British passport on my return.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:41 am

you can apply for OCI and visa in parallel as they are completely different processes.

you can get your OCI visa stamped after your return

samu_rajj123
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by samu_rajj123 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:11 am

Thanks for quick reply Ban.S

samu_rajj123
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by samu_rajj123 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:10 pm

As per VFS site for Tourist visa following documents should be sent, is that all or is there any other documents I need to send. Please clarify.

"For Person whose previous nationality was Indian before acquiring foreign nationality.
Copy of Surrender Certificate and Copy of the Cancelled Indian Passport (Self-Attested) OR
lf travelled to India before, please provide your previous Passport with Indian Visa."

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:54 pm

push wrote:You can apply for either. Long Term Entry VISA is valid for 5 years and allows you multiple entries.
Any particular reason mentioning 5 yrs visa? as OP intend to apply for OCI anyways.. i am sure 5 yrs visa will cost more than normal 6 months visa.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.