ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need urgent Help-psw to tier 2 general with sponsor Licence

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kw10aab

Need urgent Help-psw to tier 2 general with sponsor Licence

Post by kw10aab » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:10 am

Hi I am switching from PSW to Tier 2 general this month,
i was working part time in a company for 3 years, now i got full time job offer in the same company as production manager with a salary of £22,000(Comany got the sponsor licence last week)my question is am I new entrant or experienced worker as i was working in the same company for 3 years. that would be great if some one can guide me in this matter.

:lol: :?

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Need urgent Help-psw to tier 2 general with sponsor Lice

Post by ishfaqsangra » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:34 pm

kw10aab wrote:Hi I am switching from PSW to Tier 2 general this month,
i was working part time in a company for 3 years, now i got full time job offer in the same company as production manager with a salary of £22,000(Comany got the sponsor licence last week)my question is am I new entrant or experienced worker as i was working in the same company for 3 years. that would be great if some one can guide me in this matter.

:lol: :?
All on PSW are as New Entrant if you check their guidlines,

Regards,

kw10aab

Post by kw10aab » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:42 pm

thx alot for the reply, i was confused thinking that i might go under experienced worker as i was working in the same company for 3 years, though it was part time.

:oops:

kw10aab

Post by kw10aab » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:43 pm

thx alot for the reply, i was confused thinking that i might go under experienced worker as i was working in the same company for 3 years, though it was part time.

kw10aab

Post by kw10aab » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:43 pm

vinny

Re: psw to tier 2 general plz help with salary and dates..

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:18 pm

kw10aab wrote:Hi am switching from psw to tier 2 general, i completed Msc managemet in 2012, im working in company as production manager, with a salary of 21,000 pa
(SOC 1121) company got sponsor licence last week.

1. Can i apply for tier 2 general with this salary?

2. my visa is expiring on 18/12/13 so what will be the start date on SOC,
I have already started working in this company 2 years and 4 months but got promoted as production manager 4 months ago.. as i understand it cannot be past date, so is that ok if i put 19/12,13 even though i have started working in this company.

please help me in this matter i went to solicitor and she is saying i go under experienced worker so bit confused.
i really appreciate if some one can help me in this matter.
:cry: many thx :roll: :cry:
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Newly Registered

PSW to Tier 2 General - Time required to be in current role

Post by 183807 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:31 pm

Hi,

I am on a temporary contract with my current employer, working on a PSW visa since June 2012. The PSW visa expires on December 23rd 2013. I have got a job offer in one of our sister companies for a permanent role and I am due to start my new role from November 1st.

Both my current and future roles are at NQF Level 6 (Advertising & Public Relations: 2472), for 37.5 hours per week, at the same salary and meets the minimum salary requirements of UKBA.

From the list of sponsors on the UKBA site and discussions with my HR, it seems that only my Parent Company can sponsor visas – they are Grade-A licensed for Tier2 (General) visas. The Parent company is thinking of sponsoring me for the new role.

Will there be any problem for them to sponsor me given the time constraints - only 1 month between my start date in the new role and expiry of my PSW visa? Is there any requirement for me to be working for 6 months or so with the new employer (sister company) before they can sponsor my visa?

Kind regards,

manci
Respected Guru

Re: PSW to Tier 2 General - Time required to be in current r

Post by manci » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:45 pm

183807 wrote:Hi,

I am on a temporary contract with my current employer, working on a PSW visa since June 2012. The PSW visa expires on December 23rd 2013. I have got a job offer in one of our sister companies for a permanent role and I am due to start my new role from November 1st.

Both my current and future roles are at NQF Level 6 (Advertising & Public Relations: 2472), for 37.5 hours per week, at the same salary and meets the minimum salary requirements of UKBA.

From the list of sponsors on the UKBA site and discussions with my HR, it seems that only my Parent Company can sponsor visas – they are Grade-A licensed for Tier2 (General) visas. The Parent company is thinking of sponsoring me for the new role.

Will there be any problem for them to sponsor me given the time constraints - only 1 month between my start date in the new role and expiry of my PSW visa?
Provided they have a CoS allocation available they can assign a CoS to you now, it only takes a matter of minutes. The sooner they do it the better because once you have the CoS you will have to apply for leave and that is what takes the time (depending on how you apply).

Is there any requirement for me to be working for 6 months or so with the new employer (sister company) before they can sponsor my visa? noKind regards,