ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturilisation Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

somemightsay

Naturilisation Questions

Post by somemightsay » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:21 am

I currently have ILR and will be eligible for British citizenship in several months. I have been employed by the same company since I moved to the U.K. (I was on HSMP and Tier 1 General previously.) I would like to change employers soon. Is it safer to do so once I have British citizenship, or does it not matter?

Amber
Mood:

Re: change employers

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:37 am

somemightsay wrote:I currently have ILR and will be eligible for British citizenship in several months. I have been employed by the same company since I moved to the U.K. (I was on HSMP and Tier 1 General previously.) I would like to change employers soon. Is it safer to do so once I have British citizenship, or does it not matter?
Does not matter at all. You do not need to be employed to naturalise yourself as a bc.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:44 am

somemightsay wrote:My flatmate mistakenly put my name on the electoral roll when I'm ineligible to register. Will this affect my citizenship application? Shall I just ring my council to remove my name from the list?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:45 am

What Country are you native?

somemightsay

Post by somemightsay » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:12 pm

I'm American.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:22 pm

Just ring up and take yourself off.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:53 pm

The fact that someone filled in a form incorrectly doesn't mean you are on the electoral roll. I suspect they just ignored you as you are not elgibile but it's worth calling them to find out. In any case it will not affect your application in any way.