ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate of Naturalisation - Mistake

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kamal_ece

Certificate of Naturalisation - Mistake

Post by kamal_ece » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:46 pm

Hi,

I attended the ceremony and was issued the Certificate of Naturalisation. The event took place on 8th Jan 2014.

In the certificate the date (not the date of Birth) is correct. The year part of the Date is incorrect. It should have been 8th January 2014 and its 8th January 2013.

I realised this now when I was about to apply for Passport.

Should I go back to the council office or should I follow the steps in the UKBA website for getting duplicate certificate. Its not my mistake and I should not be penalised for this?

Regards,
Kamal

unsure

Re: Certificate of Naturalisation - Mistake

Post by unsure » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:28 pm

im in a simsilar situation as you. I got my certificate of Registration back in 1995 and I only realised they spelled my name slightly wrong a few months ago. Now after 18 years...I sent a letter and request for correction last week.

I would advise you to get it corrected asap.

kamal_ece

Post by kamal_ece » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:47 pm

Not sure how you and I are in the same situation.

I got this letter after the oath ceremony this month and the mistake is the date which is a hand written date (date of the ceremony) which is not something supplied by me and I don't understand how one needs to prove evidence to support this date is incorrect.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:04 am

The council where you attended your ceremony writes the date in. Have you contacted them to seek help.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kamal_ece

Post by kamal_ece » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:32 pm

Hi Guys,

Apologies for not able to come back here earlier than this.

I had a conversation with the Council from where I received the letter.

They promised to look into this as it was a mistake at thier end.
I need to hand over the certificate to them tomorrow and this will be sent to the Home Office via through secured delivery. It will take 10- 14 days to get the document corrected and returned. This document will be delivered to the my home address.

PS: Had there been a mistake with the name or date of birth or any other section this solution/scenario may not applicable.

Regards,
Kamal

unsure

Post by unsure » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:41 pm

Hello

So does the 10 to 14 days mean only in your particular case?

Who told you it will take that long?

kamal_ece

Post by kamal_ece » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:11 am

Hi,

I was advised by the officer incharge in the Council Register Office. She contacted the Home Office to obtain this information. I really stressed on the timelines due to other reasons.

Regards,
Kamal