ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS ADVICE

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

olarey

ILR APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS ADVICE

Post by olarey » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:52 pm

Hi, im looking for some clarification regarding ILR for family member. I understand you only need to meet 3 years residency requirement if dependent arrived before mid 2012 and five years after then.
my question is, in the case of of partner that arrived after 2012 but we've been married for 4 years prior to joining me in the UK, will the 3 years residency requirement applies or the new 5 years residency requirement.
your advice will highly appreciated as i saw something with regards to these but not quite sure.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS ADVICE

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:53 pm

what is the visa category? PBS, spouse of british citizen/ILR holder, etc more info required.

time living outside the UK before visa entry is not relevant for ILR. ILR is calculated from date of arrival in UK (3/5 years)

the 4 year concession you mention was scrapped a few years ago.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

olarey

Post by olarey » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:43 pm

Thanks for your reply. the category is spouse of British Citizen and she arrived Dec 2012.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:59 pm

what date was the visa applied for? if applied after 9 july 2012, the it is 5 years residency, so a visa renewal will need to be done after the initial 2.5 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.