ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Application - My Findings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

push

Post by push » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:49 am

Dont know what to say. I transferred a big chunk of money from my parent's account; submitted the copies of the cheque, got a git deed prepared and got a letter from parents saying that they have transferred this sum to support me during my stay......

As I have not got the decision on my EC application as yet, I cant tell you if it will work. People however, say that the amount should be sitting in your account for long ... and a recent transaction is not seen positively by the caseworker...

rrst_101

Post by rrst_101 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:00 am

Hi push_hsmp,

One of my friends also has done the same thing as you.His result was positive.But according to the consultants he was lucky.

push

Post by push » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:08 pm

Hope I am lucky too :)

Actually did not know what to do. Have just come back from UK to apply for EC. Was there on a student VISA and need to join the job in the third week of July. So effectively did not have time to apply for a personal loan.

lets see... what happens...

(However I would still be slightly vary of what consultants say... the sole purpose of this forum is to share info and avoid paying hefty fee to the so called consultants who hardly know anything)
rrst_101 wrote:Hi push_hsmp,

One of my friends also has done the same thing as you.His result was positive.But according to the consultants he was lucky.

rrst_101

Post by rrst_101 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:00 am

I know,I too got the feeling that these consultatnts are not well informed.
Anyway I will keep my EC application on hold till yours is through.Will plan then on my fund gathering.Please keep me updated about your outcome.

Thx.

push

Post by push » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:42 am

Sure.

ssvgopal

EC applied on 27th June 2007

Post by ssvgopal » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:50 am

All,

Got HSMP approval on 4th April, and applied for EC for myself and my wife on 27th June at VFS Hyderabad. On my part, I've enclosed a hotel booking receipt and showed 9 lakhs in cash(taken on loan) on my account.
Showed personal assets(car and bike) along with proceeds from Company ESOP sales.
The line up of the documents is got mostly from the posts in this section, so thanks in advance to all the members.

List of documentation enclosed for EC:
1. Birth Certificate, SSC Certificate, Intermediate Certificate, BTech Degree Certificate, Driving Licence(copy)
2. Masters Degree Certificate
3. Masters Statement of Grades obtained
4. BTech and MTech : Educational Evaluation for H1B Visa 2000, USA
5. IELTS Test Report Form, IELTS Registration Acknowledgement mail
6. Previous Company : Resignation Letter, Experience Letter
7. Current Company : Letter of Employment, Salary Revision Letter, Annual Merit Reviews, Promotion Letter, Rewards Notifications
8. Current Company : Experience Letter
9. e-Payslips (Nov’05 – May’07)
10. Company ID card(copy), Visiting card, Employee Information from corporate website
11. Salary Account Statements (Nov’05 – Jun’07)
12. Saving's Joint Account Statements (Jun’06 – Jun’07)
13. Employee Stock Options – Sale records
14. Loan Agreement from Bank for 9,00,000 INR
15. Company's PF Accumulation Statements (2003 – 2007)
16. IT Returns (2001 – 2006), Mail communication with HR & Finance on delay in issue of Form 16 for 2007
17. Marriage Registration Certificate, Marriage photographs
18. Recent Telephonic Interview confirmation letter with UK firm
19. Hotel Booking for 7 days
20. Letter of Financial Support from Friend in UK, P60, 4 payslips, Bank Statement, Council Tax
21. HSMP Approval Letter – ORIGINAL
22. Car & Bike Ownership records
23. Currency Conversion Details from xe.com on 26.6.2007
24. Current CV
25. Wife’s Election ID card, CBSC Certificate, Intermediate Certificate, MBA Degree Certificate
Along with :
• Covering letter for Entry Clearance Application
• VAF1 Form – Main Applicant
• HSMP points Pro Forma
• UK Visa Screening Program Form – HSMP
• VAF1 Form – Dependent on Main Applicant
• 2 Original Passports
• Photographs

Copy(for Integra Verification) :
1. Birth Certificate, SSC Certificate, Intermediate Certificate, BTech Degree Certificate, Driving Licence
2. Masters Degree Certificate
3. Masters : Statement of Grades obtained
4. BTech and MTech : Educational Evaluation for H1B Visa 2000, USA
5. IELTS Test Report Form, IELTS Registration Acknowledgement mail
6. Previous Company ; Resignation Letter, Experience Letter
7. Current Company : Letter of Employment, Salary Revision Letter, Annual Merit Reviews, Promotion Letter, Rewards Notifications
8. Current Company's Experience Letter
9. Latest 2/3 months e-Payslips
10. Company's ID card(copy), Visiting card, Employee Information from corporate website
11. Latest Salary Account Statement
12. Company's PF Accumulation Statements (2003 – 2007)
13. IT Returns (2001 – 2006) – ATTESTED COPY
14. HSMP Approval Letter – ATTESTED COPY
15. Passport Copy – Main Applicant
16. Passport Copy – Dependent of Main Applicant
17. Company's HR Contact Information
Along with :
• Copy of HSMP points Pro Forma
• Copy of UK Visa Screening Program Form – HSMP
• Copy of EC Main Applicant’s VAF1 form
• Copy of covering letter for Entry Clearance

Hoping to get the Stamping done without any problems.

Regards,
Sai

rrst_101

Post by rrst_101 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:33 am

Hi Sai,
When did the loan amount get credited on your account? Are personal loans safe when applying for EC?

Thx.

rrst_101

Post by rrst_101 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:34 am

Hi Sai,
When did the loan amount get credited on your account? Are personal loans safe when applying for EC?

Thx.

ssvgopal

Post by ssvgopal » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:47 am

Hi rrst_101,

Theoritically, BHC should be bother about whether there are sufficient finances with the applicant. A personal loan is a decent source of funds, if there is funds shortage with the applicant otherwise. Ofcourse, substantiated by decent current income proof.

I've seen people applying for visas with loans only, less they were the privileged few.

Sai

rrst_101

Post by rrst_101 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:12 am

Hi Sai,

I will be applying along with 1 dependent (wife), which means I would have to show Rs.3,25,000 * 2 = Rs.6,50,000. Adding both our accounts, since we have a total of Rs.2,00,000 which are our savings through salary.
So I plan to go for personal loan for the rest.Is that reasonable?

Thx.

ssvgopal

Post by ssvgopal » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:56 pm

I guess that should be fine, and does look reasonable.

rrst_101

Post by rrst_101 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:46 pm

Thanks,will go ahead with that...was a lil nervous about fund gathering.

srikp

Post by srikp » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:23 am

rrst_101 wrote:Hi Sai,

I will be applying along with 1 dependent (wife), which means I would have to show Rs.3,25,000 * 2 = Rs.6,50,000. Adding both our accounts, since we have a total of Rs.2,00,000 which are our savings through salary.
So I plan to go for personal loan for the rest.Is that reasonable?

Thx.
I am in a similar situation. But for the remaining money, I am thinking if I can get a sponsor letter from my friend in UK (on WP) saying he can arrange accommodation and financial support to us.

Does this sound alright?

rrst_101

Post by rrst_101 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:32 am

Hi srikp,
It will be an advantage if you can get a letter from your friend in UK. But you definetely need cash in your account.I would say its a risk if you just depend on the sponsor letter.

ssvgopal

Post by ssvgopal » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:43 am

A combination of some funds and a decent sponsor letter would be great.

srikp

Post by srikp » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:04 am

rrst_101 wrote:Hi srikp,
It will be an advantage if you can get a letter from your friend in UK. But you definetely need cash in your account.I would say its a risk if you just depend on the sponsor letter.
I agree with you.
I've got about 3000 pounds in me and my wife's account.
For the rest of funds, I am depending on the sponsor.

rrst_101

Post by rrst_101 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:14 am

If you have shares,mutual funds,Insurance policies, then you can also get a surrender value certificates from the respective companies dated at the time u apply for EC.Also you can show any property which is in your name, vehicles etc. I would still be nervous with 3000 GBP.

srikp

Post by srikp » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:54 pm

Would it impact negatively if I write a covering letter explaining that the present funds (of about 3000 GBP) should be sufficient as I plan to bring my spouse to the UK only after securing a job?

Thanks in advance.

rrst_101

Post by rrst_101 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:12 am

Infact, if u r applying for only ur visa then 3000 GBP and sponsor letter is sufficient.But since u r applying for dependent visa along with urs, the ECO assumes that she would be travelling with you.Even if you mention that she would be joining you later,they may not beleive you coz you dont have any proof for that. I would suggest you to go for a personal loan.Take no risks at this point, we can expect the ECO to be ruthless after what has happened in UK coz of few brainless immigrants.

PinkFloyd

Post by PinkFloyd » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:14 am

Ppl,

I got my Entry Clearance today. I must admit , it was a great relief.

My timelines are

Applied at VFS Bangalore: 19 June
Visa Stamped: 4th July
Documents recieved: 5th July

The documents were same as given by people on the list. There was nothing out of the way in the application. I rode on 6Lakh rupess worth of funds. Since there were no dependents I think this sufficed. Also for initial stay I had letter from my friend along with Tenancy agreement and council slips.

I wish all the very best to the people in queue. And thanks for all the fish!

Pink

dhanubs

Post by dhanubs » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:10 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have got my HSMP approval. Now I have to apply for EC.

I have no friends (no close friends at least) or relatives in the UK. I learned from some of the posts here that we need to submit Accommodation letter from friends/relatives during entry clearance. What's the alternative for this. Can I submit Hotel reservation of place where I will be staying as an evidence ?

Please help with my query.

ssvgopal

Post by ssvgopal » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:10 pm

content removed...
Last edited by ssvgopal on Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dhanubs

Post by dhanubs » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:21 pm

Hi ssvGopal,

Thanks for your quick response. Your answer really gave me a lot of hope. My plan after getting EC is to land in the UK, stay in a youth hostel, search for a job and then rent an accommodation.

I understand from several posts here that you need to have a Job and UK bank account to rent an accommodation in the UK. Not very sure about this.

Will only getting an accommodation letter from my friend suffice? or do I also have to get more supporting evidence like his passport status, his council tax receipt, his payslips etc.

push

Post by push » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:25 am

Congrats PinkFloyd,

Could you also tell us about the timelines for Integra Verification - How many days after applying, did Integra contact your employer? Did they call up at the university or sent a letter?

regards,

push_hsmp
PinkFloyd wrote:Ppl,

I got my Entry Clearance today. I must admit , it was a great relief.

My timelines are

Applied at VFS Bangalore: 19 June
Visa Stamped: 4th July
Documents recieved: 5th July

The documents were same as given by people on the list. There was nothing out of the way in the application. I rode on 6Lakh rupess worth of funds. Since there were no dependents I think this sufficed. Also for initial stay I had letter from my friend along with Tenancy agreement and council slips.

I wish all the very best to the people in queue. And thanks for all the fish!

Pink

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:32 am

Dhanu,

I dont think you need a job and or a bank account to get an accomodation in UK.

My idea is to stay in Indian YMCA hostel. Reason being they provide both breakfast and dinner + lunch in weekends too (the rent is inclusive of this approx 20~25 ppd). It would be ideal for us to look out for a Job that way (not worrying abt food you see). Once you settle, you can move into a shared accomodation or a self catering one.

Also, if i am not wrong, the Indian YMCA is in Zone 1; Very helpful when it comes to search for jobs or attending interviews. This is my thinking.

Any other views or previous experiences are welcome too.
--------------------------
One more query for people who have got EC: I am planning to apply for EC next week, in that case, from what dates should I book the accomodation? A little confusion here.

Anyone can help?