Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

why I voted for brexit

This is the area of this board to discuss the referendum taking place in the UK on 23rd June 2016. Also to discuss the ramifications of the EU-UK deal.

Differing views will be respected. Rudeness to other members will not be welcome.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Obie
Ireland

Re: why I voted for brexit

Post by Obie » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:06 pm

Russell59 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:51 am
17 Million People voted to leave the EU,it was a democratic election and the result is final...The people have spoken and their wishes will be respected.On the Ballot Form the question was simple and easy to understand..do you wish to leave or remain in the EU.
A vote that was marred by lies and fraud. A campaign which is infested by dirty dealer and crooks, one of whom is facing a criminal Probe.

Britain urgently needs an exit from Brexit, to deal with this calamitous event. The whole country and political is in shamble, i have never seen a mess like this.

Long live people vote.

Only a people's vote can atone the UK of the curse and sins of Brexit. Brexit has essentially brought the UK to it knees. Any one who cannot see that needs to have their heads checked. They are clearly a sandwich short of a picnic.
What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

rooibos
Italy

Post by rooibos » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:22 am

Russell59 wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:59 pm
There were 2 questions on the Voting Form Do you want to Leave or Remain in the EU ,you made your choice and ticked the Box.The Govt said that it would implement the final decision.Nothing about a Deal or a Second referendum.I am afraid that the remoaners must accept the fact that they lost the vote and that the UK will be leaving the EU .Simple really.
Troll!

NikiGio
Mood:
Italy

Post by NikiGio » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:52 am

Obie wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:06 pm
A vote that was marred by lies and fraud. A campaign which is infested by dirty dealer and crooks, one of whom is facing a criminal Probe.

Britain urgently needs an exit from Brexit, to deal with this calamitous event. The whole country and political is in shamble, i have never seen a mess like this.
Absolutely - cheating, foreign interference, lying, an incompetent regulator, failure to adhere to our Venice Convention commitments.

This has been a fraud on democracy, and our credibility in the international arena is shot.

If this referendum had taken place in an African country - the West would be crying foul and demanding that the fraudulent result be set aside.

An African country, Kenya, set aside its referendum result after its Supreme Court ruled it hadn't been conducted in accordance with the Constitution.

Cambridge Analytica was one of the common denominators of the Kenyan and UK votes. A supposedly 'developing' country was able to do the right thing, but our country seems to insist being blind to the fact that the referendum vote wasn't democratic and a fresh vote needs to be held, asking the population to choose between no deal, whatever deal this government agrees (if any) and remaining.

The vote needs to be-run in a democratic manner, overseen by a competent independent body able to ensure adherence to Electoral Law and proper regulation of political finance.

Crying 'you won, get over it' just doesn't cut it in a democratic society. 16.1Mil voters, 750 000 marchers and 1Mil signatories are demanding a democratic Final Say.

After all - the world's most democratic countries routinely hold confirmatory referendums. Perhaps we should look at Ireland to see how to properly run a referendum of such importance.
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.

Russell59

Post by Russell59 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:09 am

The People have voted and their choice was to leave and that is the final word.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:42 pm

Russell59 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:09 am
The People have voted and their choice was to leave and that is the final word.
Regardless of the merits or demerits of Brexit,
a) things that start with "The People" tend to be tyrannical/dictatorial (cf the People's Democratic Republic of China, etc, though thankfully the People's Post Office has not gone down that route) and it may be better to phrase it in other ways.
b) there is no reason to suppose that "that is the final word", for at least five reasons.

i) One does not always get what one wishes. One needs to negotiate, and in this case, we are negotiating from a position of weakness (we are decidedly smaller than the EU27 in economic terms).
ii) People change. Minds can be changed. That is the whole basis of any democratic system, that people can and do change minds. Otherwise, one election per generation is all that is needed.
iii) The electorate does change and has changed, not only with births and deaths, but with many formerly EEA citizens (without a vote) getting British citizenship and therefore the vote.
iv) "Events, dear boy, events". Events outside Brexit may have an impact on how Brexit occurs and if the end result is far from what was voted for, it is possible that people will change their mind. It would then be unfair to not stop a process started by the people's will.
v) There is many a slip betwixt cup and lip.

Having said that, I am surprised that the Survation poll found that 46% of the UK still wants Brexit, given what we now know about how difficult Brexit would be, the impact on jobs, etc. If with such full knowledge of the effect of Brexit, 46% of the country still want Brexit, then Remainers have to ask why and attempt to address the concerns of the 46%.

As an aside, a few posts on Twitter suggest that the EU will not support a second referendum/People's Vote. The EU27 want Brexit to be done and dusted, so that they can focus on their other issues (populism within the EU27, Poland and Hungary, the Italian budget, etc). It seems that they will tell the Remainers that the deal will be a take-it-or-leave-it deal. There is essentially now way back now, even from the EU's side.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:51 am

The problem is not with remainer i guess, it is with some of these 46%. Some of these people have very very serious problems, they are not very nice people, they are evil, and they need a fundamental soul searching. Essentially these people need to be thought the advantages of diversity and how it is something that ought to be celebrated than abhor. Many of them grew up in hotbeds of hate and resentment always being brainwashed that migrant are the cause of all the misfortune that befell them, many of them are on benefit and don't want to work, many of them have never worked in the entirety of their miserable lives, but when they see migrant in their community thriving, they get upset. They were specifically thought from infancy how to hate. Some of their ancestors have never crossed the British Shores so their perceptive of the world at large is very limited and in some cases distorted. They were never told about the need to celebrate difference, rather than being fearful of people or culture which are different from their. Some of these people are beyond help, some of them will die in hate. They are mostly white and very old people. Essentially they are resistant to change, only death or demographic changes will eradicate them and the rabid views they hold.
Some of them need the migrant carer that cares for them but at the same time gets irritated by the mere thought of their presence in the same country as then, breathing the same air as them.

They are mostly people who are overwhelmed with hate. They are very unpleasant individuals who are desperate to make the UK white again.

They do not like immigrant very much, they think immigrant are the course of all their problems. They think UK is what it use to be in the days of the British empire.

The are in the delusional and fantasy would of believing the EU needs us more than we need them.
What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?