ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Settlement Visa Appeal Approx timescales -

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lindonindian
Newly Registered

Spouse Settlement Visa Appeal Approx timescales -

Post by Lindonindian » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:34 pm

Hi

Still desperate, pluse I think I may have learnt something here today.

Questions:

I'ma bRit born uk citizen, married wife in India, visa app for spouse settlement refused as stupid agents forgot to enclose my divorce certificate, my pay=slips bar one, and my bank statements bar one.

My wife passed everyhting else with flying colours, eg language test/etc/etc, I eark close to 90k a year and pay tax via PAYE and all bank statements and payslips correspond.

So I made the appeal from England, the visa agencey confirmed they took payment 4 weeks ago, been chasing them, but different stories,as Croydon says the may decison and lecister say India does and 6 weeks of delays.

My question - i see our appeal as striaghtforward, how long should it take approx?
Who do I need to chase to wake them up that it was a processing error ie agents forgot to send all paperwork and now duly sent
Contaced my mp, useless no response as been 2 week

NB: I read here today that during our appeal I can submitt a new visa appication for spouse settlement, is that rue? I'm aware that any new app may result in different hurdels

My dad said, no good hiring a solictor as they cant speed up process other than try and ensure we follw the correct process

Many thanks. It's not fair that I have not seeen my wife for 3 motnhs and I dont know how long it will take

All suggestions, experiences, help welcome from all

Many thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: Spouse Settlement Visa Appeal Approx timescales -

Post by Obie » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:45 pm

You could well succeed before a new application, which could take several months.

If the solicitor gets his act right and prepare the appeal well, they may concede within 28 days, which is less longer than a new application.

You ought to have been given an opportunity to sort the missing documents out.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Lindonindian
Newly Registered

Post by Lindonindian » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:28 pm

Thanks Obie.

The visa app was made in India and I was back in uk before decison as had to go to work.
The idiot agents paid them lots of money to ensure all is 100% but they let us down and you cant do a lot about that in India.

So, I'eve enclosed all of the missing paperpwork/docs, very brief and honest explantion re agents fault/human eeror and please see docs that were not intially subbmitted.

I have made many calls to Lecister, they say decison is in India and Croydon says decison made in Croydon and ttell me 6 weeks backlog.

I feel i do not need to use solictor as at this sstage they cant seep up, an i right?

How can my mp help, but not even responded.

How can I demand a speed up as it was a genuine mistake and they have the paperwork and i work for a large multinational so all stuff is good/genuine easily verified.

Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:08 pm

Did you file a proper appeal and show how they decision was flawed as they ought to have reverted to you to provide missing documents?

Lindonindian
Newly Registered

Post by Lindonindian » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:51 pm

Obie
I was back in the uk, all we got was a decision ie visa refused, could appeal and they detailed the missing items.
Spoke to colleague at work today he said its no good me speaking with a solictor here as they cant speed up things, nor an mp as my appeall is clearly a precdureal matter, ie me supply the missing papers ie pay and bank slips which i have done.
The visa people in lecister said 6 weeks delay and heck knows what happens after that,
IMO as it a processing mistake by me, or more facutally by my agents and now addressed, there should be a swifter process
Can anyone help please?

Lindonindian
Newly Registered

Post by Lindonindian » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:04 pm

anyone help?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:18 pm

Was an appeal filed or not. Reconsideration will not be considered. You need to pay the correct appeal fee of £140 and file your case.

Lindonindian
Newly Registered

Post by Lindonindian » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:34 pm

Sorry you have misunderstood my post Obie as i may have not made it clear.
I have paid all fees, enclosed all docs/evidence that my agents forgot to enclose, visa was refused because my agents forgot my payslips and bank statements - uk visa fee deducted a few weeks ago and this should be straightford as the refusal letter clear stated the two items were not enclosed and i have sent with all of the correct items/fees and concise explantion

So approx how long before decison please, btw i was told by lecister 6 weeks backlog, not fair

Lindonindian
Newly Registered

Are solictors and other paid help sites a waste of money?

Post by Lindonindian » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:08 pm

Spouse visa refused as the idiots we used in India, Company name removed by moderator in Punjab seriously cocked up, ie did not enclose all pay slips/bank statments/etc.

Visa was rejected early Jan of this year.
We appealed within a few days ensuring all missing docs enclosed
in a nice and easy to follow bundle with explanation and aplogy re the fools
we paid a lot of money to mess up my application for spouse visa.
We phone the uk centres, New dehli for time-scales updates, all a pile of
shit.
We contact our MP 5 weeks ago, then 3 weeks ago looked promising, nothing
Contacted the immigration minster today, no response I guess they have started their Easter break

My wifes English language test expires in mid april.
We considered a new application for spouse visa early on be were scared off
by the petty dub ... so and so that are only to eager to reject

my marriage is not questioned just the missing papers, i was born in uk, lawful citizen 100% and work earing in excess of 25k and own home

There is no one in authroity to speak to

The bastards in England sat on my papers for weeks even when the payment was cleared.

yesterday go a letter from the bastards saying a decison by 1st of July and dont contact us before then
So I will wait and the bastards could easily reject, then i fly out to india, new tests, new fee's and bastards could reject again if a captial letter used in place of lower case, ie being petty.

I AM DESPERATE CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE

SORRY RE MY LANGAUE I'D RATHER CALLED THEM xxx BUT WONT

SORRY FOR MY ANGER

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Are solictors and other paid help sites a waste of money

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:12 pm

It is the applicants responsibility to ensure all the required documents have been submitted.

Appeals at the moment are taking long.

Suggest you at least try to calm down and tone the language down a bit if you want anyone to give you constructive advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rathernicelydone

Post by rathernicelydone » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:52 pm

I used the gov.uk website and these forums to prepare my wife's visa application. You really don't need solicitors for the initial application and as from your above example they can be incompetent and actually make matters worse.

Sorry to hear this happened to you but if you or your representatives don't dot every i and cross every t you could end up failing.

saturn 123789

Post by saturn 123789 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:35 pm

yes they are b....... in my case they send me the wrong address and a dated IAFt2 form that was when the appeals were free of charge so i end up losing one month and got crazy trying to contact the wrong address so i can get back my appeal folder , in the entry clearance review the manager didn't point out wish document is irrelevant and wish one is like he is suppose to do in his job, he didn't say anything and
now i'am dealing with one stupid solicitor that doesn't know that he should appeal against the Eco not the ecm, i hope you don't go to the hearing stage and if unfortunately this happened you don't end up with some solicitor like mine because you don't discover that they are incompetent until its too late and you already payed them.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:39 pm

Please OP desist from using obscene language on this forum.

If you reduce the anger and focus on transcribing the basis of refusal, then we may be able to help.

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:42 pm

Lindonindian wrote: Visa was rejected early Jan of this year.
We appealed within a few days ensuring all missing docs enclosed
in a nice and easy to follow bundle with explanation and aplogy re the fools
we paid a lot of money to mess up my application for spouse visa.
We phone the uk centres, New dehli for time-scales updates, all a pile of
shit.
We contact our MP 5 weeks ago, then 3 weeks ago looked promising, nothing
Contacted the immigration minster today, no response I guess they have started their Easter break

My wifes English language test expires in mid april.
We considered a new application for spouse visa early on be were scared off
by the petty dub ... so and so that are only to eager to reject

my marriage is not questioned just the missing papers, i was born in uk, lawful citizen 100% and work earing in excess of 25k and own home

There is no one in authroity to speak to

The bastards in England sat on my papers for weeks even when the payment was cleared.

yesterday go a letter from the bastards saying a decison by 1st of July and dont contact us before then
So I will wait and the bastards could easily reject, then i fly out to india, new tests, new fee's and bastards could reject again if a captial letter used in place of lower case, ie being petty.

I AM DESPERATE CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE

SORRY RE MY LANGAUE I'D RATHER CALLED THEM xxx BUT WONT

SORRY FOR MY ANGER
Application rejected in January, then appeal submitted in February, I think?

Listing delays in the UK are long for the Tribunal at the moment. And also fairly random. So your wife's appeal might be listed any time from , say, May 2016 to Feb 2017, or so. Longer in or around London.

I don't know exactly why your application was refused and what documents etc were missing, but I'd double check this. In most cases the Judge can't consider on appeal documents which weren't submitted with the application.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:06 am

avjones wrote:Application rejected in January, then appeal submitted in February, I think?

Listing delays in the UK are long for the Tribunal at the moment. And also fairly random. So your wife's appeal might be listed any time from , say, May 2016 to Feb 2017, or so. Longer in or around London.

I don't know exactly why your application was refused and what documents etc were missing, but I'd double check this. In most cases the Judge can't consider on appeal documents which weren't submitted with the application.
Solicitor did not submit all the payslips and bank statements.
by Lindonindian » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:08 pm
Spouse visa refused as the idiots we used in India, Company name removed by moderator in Punjab seriously cocked up, ie did not enclose all pay slips/bank statments/etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:41 pm

Which makes me wonder where the solicitors think an appeal can go?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.