ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extention Major Delay more than 90 days

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

silverbridge
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Extention Major Delay more than 90 days

Post by silverbridge » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:06 pm

I have applied for Tier 2 extension Standard postal service on 12 April 2017, received my biometrics letter on 21st and submitted it 2 days latter.

Now it been more than 3 months, over 90 days. Called the UKVI Customer service multiple times and got my case escalated few times till they asked me to send an official complaint which I did. I'm supposed to start my new job on 2nd of August, and as I'm working as a Doctor I have to do induction first for 2 weeks.

I checked the Tier 2 PBS timeline and couldn't help to notice that all those applying at the same period are still awaiting the decision.

I tried to switch my application from postal to Priority and received an email saying that my application is at the stage of enquiries by my case worker and switching to priority won't make it any swifter.

Tried reaching my case worker and as you all know, they are off the grid.

I'm in a dilemma as my employer said they might recruit someone else if I can't start at the 2nd of august.

Any ideas to speed things up and anyone suffering the same dilemma?

ronychy2010
Mood:
Maldives

Re: Tier 2 Extention Major Delay more than 90 days

Post by ronychy2010 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:26 pm

probably you can request your local MP to get involved. If he/she sends request your case may soon be finalized.

silverbridge
Newly Registered

Post by silverbridge » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:09 pm

ronychy2010 wrote:probably you can request your local MP to get involved. If he/she sends request your case may soon be finalized.
I wish someone had told me this earlier. would have saved me tons of time and stress.
I did as you suggested. amazingly, The MP office contacted me next morning after i sent my e-mail. they contacted the Home Office and received an update that my Case Worker is looking into if RLMT has been conducted properly or not ( i verified this with my employer before i even apply).
I made it clear that this should not have taken all this time, and the MP himself is raising the issue again tomorrow.
How long do you think it will take following this escalation? i am supposed to start my new job by Maximum 7 days ??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:16 pm

Your previous refusal due to no compliance in doing the RLMT is likely why your application is being heavily scrutinised and as advised in your topic below, the pre selected aspect will be thoroughly looked at.

Did the new sponsor issue you a new CoS after RLMT or did you use the previous CoS?

Have you resigned or not yet?

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/urge ... l#p1426349
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

silverbridge
Newly Registered

Post by silverbridge » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:06 pm

I think might be the cause as you mentioned. But still it shouldn't take around 16 weeks to sort this out.

This COS I used in my application is a total new one and the RLMT has been conducted according to the regulations as verified with my employer prior to the application.

I did have to resign from my current job, as they mentioned that if I stay, will be for at least 6 more months and ant leave before that. So I had to resign hoping that the Visa Application will be sorted prior to the start date of my new job.

I totally regret now not applying through the Priority or Premiere service, I didn't even receive any letters explaining why there is a delay or any updates from the UKVI or HO.

Hopefully the MP will be able to escalate it and it would get sorted

charlie_chaplin
Newly Registered

Post by charlie_chaplin » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:40 pm

Dear Silverbrigde,
I am in the same situation... I am due to start tomorrow as a Doctor but still awaiting the decision from UKVI. Employer will wait untill 14/08 and then my offer will be withdrawn :(( Sent an escalation request today and my employer is going to contact them as well.. it is so sad.. seems like you've got the same caseworker :) Could you please keep me updated and let me know if contacting your MP made any difference.. thanks a lot :)

silverbridge
Newly Registered

Post by silverbridge » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:10 pm

charlie_chaplin wrote:Dear Silverbrigde,
I am in the same situation... I am due to start tomorrow as a Doctor but still awaiting the decision from UKVI. Employer will wait untill 14/08 and then my offer will be withdrawn :(( Sent an escalation request today and my employer is going to contact them as well.. it is so sad.. seems like you've got the same caseworker :) Could you please keep me updated and let me know if contacting your MP made any difference.. thanks a lot :)

My local MP replied me that Home Office replied saying: information has been requested from other agencies out of the Home Office.

I dunno what does this mean.

anyone faced this scenario before?

charlie_chaplin
Newly Registered

Post by charlie_chaplin » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:22 am

silverbridge wrote:
My local MP replied me that Home Office replied saying: information has been requested from other agencies out of the Home Office.

Thanks for a prompt reply. How did you contact your MP? I have never come across.. And what did you tell him/her to get such a quick response? Thanks for your help :)

silverbridge
Newly Registered

Post by silverbridge » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:28 pm

charlie_chaplin wrote:
silverbridge wrote:

Thanks for a prompt reply. How did you contact your MP? I have never come across.. And what did you tell him/her to get such a quick response? Thanks for your help :)
If you applied for extension of your Tier 2 Visa and from within UK, Search on google ( Find my Local MP). the search will be using your post-code. it will show you your local MP and his e-mail address, plus the office phone numbers.
I did e-mail my Local MP and i got a response next morning from his secretary whom been really understanding and helpful. They have direct access to the Home Office.

don't forget to mention in your e-mail all the details, your unique application number, IHS reference number , etc.

hope this will help. best of luck

charlie_chaplin
Newly Registered

Post by charlie_chaplin » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:55 pm

Thank you!!!

silverbridge
Newly Registered

Post by silverbridge » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:14 pm

charlie_chaplin wrote:Thank you!!!
one other thing that might help. in case your application is being considered currently and approved or about to be approved , as you have a deadline for your job offer.

you can ask your employer to run a Right To Work Check on you, using your details, date of birth, full name, application reference number. you have to provide your employer with your consent to do so, so write them in an e-mail saying you consent to it. they supposed to get a reply from the HOme Office within 5 working days, this might help. at least will get the Home Office to reply to your employer with your application status.

the Right To Work check is a simple form online they have to fill.

I was wondering if any of the Admins here think it is a good idea or not!! also if any of them can enlighten me about Information Requested From Other Agencies out of HOme Office situation.

charlie_chaplin
Newly Registered

Post by charlie_chaplin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:14 am

Hey! Any luck with your visa?

chllz03

Post by chllz03 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:03 am

charlie_chaplin wrote:Hey! Any luck with your visa?
Hi. On my 23rd working day since biometrics. Still no news. Tier 2 general visa. Case was escalated Aug2. Can i also ask for MP's help even if I am in the Philippines. This is really bad luck that I got the assessor that I did.

silverbridge
Newly Registered

Post by silverbridge » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:07 pm

charlie_chaplin wrote:Hey! Any luck with your visa?
I didn't get lucky with the Visa yet, and my Local MP has contacted the minister himself. And it looks like it made an effect cause they sent me the complexity letter 2 days ago.

On the other hand, I started my new job. I got lucky by asking my employer to run Right To Work Check. They received a reply from them saying I have the Right To Work for 6 months at my previous, supplementary or Secondary Employer till my leave arrives. The Medical Staffing verified that and I started my new job and will wait the Visa to arrive later.

So go back to my reply about Right To Work check. It is a web based simple form to fill on the same website you use to check for your visa status. Ask your medical Staffing to fill it and give them a consent to run this check. And in 5 days they will get a reply. At least you will get the 6 months right to work.

Best of luck mate. Let me know if you needed any further help. I will check here again once I finish work.

brucewayne20172017
Newly Registered

Post by brucewayne20172017 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:03 pm

Hi,
Did you receive any email from Home office about your application stating
"UK visa application: action required" when you applied?

Thanks