ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal for dependent EEA FM - urgent help needed

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Petanque
Newly Registered

EEA FM RC application refused - PLS HELP

Post by Petanque » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:58 pm

Hi everyone,
I have just received a refusal for my mum's RC application stating that whilst we have provided evidences of dependency in the home country we failed to provide evidences of dependency in the UK.
We have provided 6 months of evidences of dependency in Russia (from July to December last year), then she entered the UK in January and we have submitted the application two weeks later.
Any thoughts on the reasonableness of this decision would be much appreciated! I was not aware of the rule that we have to submit UK evidences and we would need to have delayed the application to collect further evidences. Is the HO in their rights to demand such evidences from us?
We are considering all possible options: reconsideration (although not sure what we would write in this letter), appeal (although not sure on what grounds?) or resubmission. Please share your thoughts and experience.

Thank you very much for your help!

noajthan

Re: EEA FM RC application refused - PLS HELP

Post by noajthan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:25 pm

Ascending relative of sponsor (eg parent) needs to show dependency on sponsor for essential daily needs.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Petanque
Newly Registered

Appeal for dependent EEA FM - urgent help needed

Post by Petanque » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:14 pm

Hi dear forum members! My appeal for dependent EEA Family member is coming up in 5 months time and i need to decide if i need a lawyer. Could anyone please share their experiences if i actually do need a lawyer for the appeal and what would the lawyers usually do? How do they prepare us for the hearing? I spoke to a few firms, but all of them proposed providing the same extra evudences so i am not sure what will be their role? Also, is the decision usualy taken on the day or posted later? Thank you so much!

Obie
Ireland

Re: Appeal for dependent EEA FM - urgent help needed

Post by Obie » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:08 pm

Why were you refused?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Appeal for dependent EEA FM - urgent help needed

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:22 am

Obie wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:08 pm
Why were you refused?
Topic merged for you Obie.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.