ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Call from Home Office (spouse visa application)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Gujarkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

Call from Home Office (spouse visa application)

Post by Gujarkhan » Mon May 21, 2018 3:53 pm

Hi i was just wondering when would the home office phone you in regards to a spouse visa application.

I am on week 9 out of the recommended 12 week waiting time. Can anyone advise me whether they can call at such a late stage in the application process.

I wanted to go abroad for one week next week and am concerned if i am not reachable they may reject the case on this basis.

Please advise. Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Call from Home Office (spouse visa application)

Post by seagul » Mon May 21, 2018 4:10 pm

HO not always call to everyone rather its just random. A lot applicants don't receive call. Preferably you should incur little cost of switching on your roaming when traveled abroad to answer the call.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Gujarkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Gujarkhan » Mon May 21, 2018 4:26 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 4:10 pm
HO not always call to everyone rather its just random. A lot applicants don't receive call. Preferably you should incur little cost of switching on your roaming when traveled abroad to answer the call.

Roaming would be a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion. But i was wondering if anyone has any experience of getting calls this late on in the process. As its 3 weeks away from the decision mark.

I receievd a processing email on the 4/5/18 and no other contact before or since. Biometrics where given on 20/03/18. Just a little tired of all this waiting.

wak9001

Post by wak9001 » Mon May 21, 2018 4:34 pm

Gujarkhan wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 3:53 pm
Hi i was just wondering when would the home office phone you in regards to a spouse visa application.

I am on week 9 out of the recommended 12 week waiting time. Can anyone advise me whether they can call at such a late stage in the application process.

I wanted to go abroad for one week next week and am concerned if i am not reachable they may reject the case on this basis.

Please advise. Thank you.
When they send the email saying your visa is being prepared for consideration by the ECO, they ring within a week or so off that. I also found that if you have a normal job with a company who is established them they don't make calls. I didn't get a call and I work in the finance sector. My solicitor said its those who works for family businesses, self employed etc, they get a call.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon May 21, 2018 6:16 pm

I have the same perception that if the employer is renowned and earning good turn over then more likely no call arrive.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Gujarkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Gujarkhan » Mon May 21, 2018 6:41 pm

I work as a teacher at a very large school, thats probably why they havent bothered with calling us. That puts me at ease now as im constantly worrying i will miss the call as i have no access to it when teaching due to child protection issues.

wak9001

Post by wak9001 » Mon May 21, 2018 6:48 pm

Gujarkhan wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 6:41 pm
I work as a teacher at a very large school, thats probably why they havent bothered with calling us. That puts me at ease now as im constantly worrying i will miss the call as i have no access to it when teaching due to child protection issues.
You won't get no call, I very highly doubt it because of your occupation. They can do all the necessary checks without contacting you. You know the saying, no news is good news. You can also set you answer machine on your phone saying you are unavailable as you are out of the country until X date.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed May 23, 2018 1:08 pm

No grantees if you will or not get a call. But, if they do need to contact you for further clarifications etc there are other means of communication such as letter to you from them if they really need to hear from you.

If your docs are in line they probably would not call you.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Jedai Prince
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jedai Prince » Thu May 24, 2018 1:16 am

Someone I know got refused recently because they didn’t pick up the call from ECO. ECO discounted all his supporting documents just because he didn’t receive their call and refused his application. They could have easily emailed him or his solicitor regarding the issue but they didn’t.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:44 am

It may not have been just because of phone call. They call to clarify things if in doubt etc. If all docs were in order mostly likely UKVI case worker wouldn't have even called.

Jedai Prince
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jedai Prince » Thu May 24, 2018 10:05 am

That's what I thought as well Londoner007, after seeing his refusal letter I couldn't believe as the main reason for refusal was for not receiving their call. They also had other reasons but those reasons I am sure ECO always nitpick just to add more weight to their refusal letter.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 24, 2018 10:06 am

Jedai Prince wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 10:05 am
That's what I thought as well Londoner007, after seeing his refusal letter I couldn't believe as the main reason for refusal was for not receiving their call. They also had other reasons but those reasons I am sure ECO always nitpick just to add more weight to their refusal letter.
As I said in your topic, it is likely far more than just the phone call. Lets not hijack another members topic with your friends dilemma please.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Gujarkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Gujarkhan » Tue May 29, 2018 10:50 am

Just as a follow up to all your suggestions. I decided to email the home office to inform them that my phone would be out of reach as roaming charges were very expensive when calculated (for pakistan). I also mentioned they are free to contact me on my husbands mobile or ny email both of which were included in the spouse visa application. They replied and the following quote is from yhe email -

“ Whilst UKVI shall usually attempt other means of contact if any have been unsuccessful. we can still communicate this matter to our team”

Therefore it is quite evident that home office do contact you by other means of communication if a phone call is unsuccessful for those worried like me thinking that this would be the sole reason of rejection.

Samea
Newly Registered

SPOUSE VISA

Post by Samea » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:30 pm

If my employer has not picked their call up, will they reject on that basis?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:11 pm

They can, and maybe will, try again and if that fails maybe write to them.

I dont know why everyone so worried about phone calls, very rarely people get these calls. If your documents are in order there will be no calls made.

Samea
Newly Registered

Post by Samea » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:25 pm

Because i have got the phone call and they tried calling my employer but he didnt pick up, maybe he was busy, where do i write to them?

Thanks for your help

uddin000

Post by uddin000 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:29 pm

Samea wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:25 pm
Because i have got the phone call and they tried calling my employer but he didnt pick up, maybe he was busy, where do i write to them?

Thanks for your help
they will call again..Did u apply using 2 jobs or 1 job? what kind of questions did they ask you on the phone?

Samea
Newly Registered

Post by Samea » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:38 pm

Have you sponsered someone and if so has it been successful?
1 job and i got this response from a forum and they basically asked all this;

Name
Date of birth
Husbands name
Date of birth etc
Date of marriage
When started job
How did find the job
Director is your relative or my husbands relative
Office address
Nature of job
Describe the building and logo of business
Duty days and hours
Annual salary and exact monthly salary
Relevant qualifications of job
Job designation
Are you at work now
When did you last worked
When will you work next
Do you work Saturdays
Do you work Sundays
How many total employees
What was your strengths to get this job

barokut
BANNED

Post by barokut » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:16 pm

Hi. Do you mind me asking what kind of job do you do? I noticed ECO calls some people if they work for a certain job like for a restaurant for instance. My case is that I do work for a restaurant. Just worried that ECO may call and my manager doesn't pick up.

Lollipop
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Lollipop » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:55 pm

Hi

This is quite late since you obviously posted a lot earlier on this year and I'm guessing you'll have already had a reply. But to answer the initial question, I don't think there is a time limit they have to call you. I was under the impression that they wouldn't call me since the 60 working days are almost over for my husband's spouse visa application, however I received a call from home office yesterday, in the 11th week of the process. Hope that helps.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:48 am

Doesnt matter where you work they randomly picked calls or where they need further clarifications. If you have more than 1 job for example and your second job is 200 miles away they may think more clarification is require.