ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Communication proof- whatsapp chat only ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Iloveoreos
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Iloveoreos » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:24 pm

Hi

I am getting married to someone from Pakistan soon. I have been following these forums since getting engaged so hoping someone can answer my question.

I understand all the documents etc I need to submit. I am concerned about one thing in particular.
In terms of proof for communication, I only have whatsapp chats for everyday. As we are in an arranged situation, we do not have call history yet.
Is this going to be an issue if I only provide whatsapp chat history and not any call history?

Also, our whatsapp conversations are mostly in roman urdu with some English mixture. Is this going to be an issue?

Any help plz?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Communication proof- whatsapp chat only ?

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:41 pm

The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Iloveoreos
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Iloveoreos » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:47 pm

No i just created this 1st post

Iloveoreos
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Iloveoreos » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:49 pm

Ive seen forums on fb and they all mention of hoe their conversations are in different kanguages so thats fine.

Its the bit about having no call history and only whatsapp msgs prior to wedding that im asking about. Any help plz?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:59 am

No issue - just include screenshots of the chat. Also, make sure in your support letter you mention your main method of communication was visa whatsapp chat. InshaAllah goes well for you.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:47 am

Oreos,

Have you ever met this girl? I would wonder if the H/O would refuse any kind of visa if all you have done is chat for a while on WhatsApp over a few weeks. I am basing this opinion on how difficult it is for people who have met numerous times, over more than a couple of years and provided pictures and passport stamps, letters from 3rd parties attesting to the strength of the relationship etc etc, as well as all the supporting chat history.

I would say that if you have never even met, then don't waste your money applying for a visa for her to come here to marry you, as you won't get it, or at least you should not get it, because that would mean there are different rules for different people.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:53 am

THO wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:47 am
Oreos,

Have you ever met this girl? I would wonder if the H/O would refuse any kind of visa if all you have done is chat for a while on WhatsApp over a few weeks. I am basing this opinion on how difficult it is for people who have met numerous times, over more than a couple of years and provided pictures and passport stamps, letters from 3rd parties attesting to the strength of the relationship etc etc, as well as all the supporting chat history.

I would say that if you have never even met, then don't waste your money applying for a visa for her to come here to marry you, as you won't get it, or at least you should not get it, because that would mean there are different rules for different people.
You are correct in your assessment. If the OP and the future spouse have NOT met in PERSON/FACE TO FACE, the visa will refused. Having met in person is a mandatory requirement for a spouse and fiance visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alam-
Mood:

Post by Alam- » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:48 pm

Iloveoreos wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:24 pm
Hi

I am getting married to someone from Pakistan soon. I have been following these forums since getting engaged so hoping someone can answer my question.

I understand all the documents etc I need to submit. I am concerned about one thing in particular.
In terms of proof for communication, I only have whatsapp chats for everyday. As we are in an arranged situation, we do not have call history yet.
Is this going to be an issue if I only provide whatsapp chat history and not any call history?

Also, our whatsapp conversations are mostly in roman urdu with some English mixture. Is this going to be an issue?

Any help plz?

Thanks
I’m married and sending my application in a couple of weeks. My only mean of communication is whatsapp but chat voice call and video calls. I am sending pictures taken at various places in 3 years time span, still not sure if it’s enough.
You gotta come back to Pakistan, take her out, take some pictures with her and family. When go back, show some call records and chat and it would be enough considering it was an arranged marriage and home office obviously considers that. Good luck

Iloveoreos
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Iloveoreos » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:36 pm

THO wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:47 am
Oreos,

Yes we have met and spoken and I have tickets etc to prove that and i would only be applying for visa post nikah In shaa Allah. Not prior to the wedding. Plus post the nikah there will be pics/calls etc to use. Im just concerned about the fact that pre nikah we only have whatsapp msgs and not calls.
Hope this makes more sense now

Iloveoreos
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Iloveoreos » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:45 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:59 am
No issue - just include screenshots of the chat. Also, make sure in your support letter you mention your main method of communication was visa whatsapp chat. InshaAllah goes well for you.
Thanku..the only person who seemed to have read and understood the simple question I asked

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:13 am

Apart of whatsapp text chat also include as much as possible the call logs too
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

shah185
Bangladesh

Post by shah185 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:38 pm

My wife is the applicant, is this OK if I the husband take all the screenshot of the chat and calls - as in the screenshot it will say applicant's name. Home office will now I tge sponsor took all the screenshot rathre thsn her the applicant.

My 2nd question is - assuming it is OK to take screenshot by me (sponsor) - when I take the screenshot it does not show applicant's mobile number but only her name. Is this OK ?