ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What are the consequences of a refused application (tier 4 to tier 2)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ZhengWei3
Newly Registered

how difficult is it to switch from tier 4 to tier 2?

Post by ZhengWei3 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:37 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm currently doing a PhD in the UK and will finish my first 12 months in September 2019. I have been offer a graduate job at a big 4 company and signed a contract with an early september start date and intend to switch to tier 2 then. I was wondering how difficult it is in general to switch from tier 4 to tier 2? and generally speaking what is the likelihood of having the tier 2 application approved?

please bear in mind that my employer is certifying maintenance.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: how difficult is it to switch from tier 4 to tier 2?

Post by UKLL » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:26 pm

ZhengWei3 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:37 pm
Hello everyone,

I'm currently doing a PhD in the UK and will finish my first 12 months in September 2019. I have been offer a graduate job at a big 4 company and signed a contract with an early september start date and intend to switch to tier 2 then. I was wondering how difficult it is in general to switch from tier 4 to tier 2? and generally speaking what is the likelihood of having the tier 2 application approved?

please bear in mind that my employer is certifying maintenance.
It's not about difficulty, it's about if you meet all the requirements. If all criteria is met then it is likely to be approved

ZhengWei3
Newly Registered

Post by ZhengWei3 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:57 pm

Many thanks for your reply and apologies if I was a bit vague. What I meant is if someone meets the basic requirements stated on their website is the chances of success very high or are the UKVI usually picky about small details and tend to refuse a lot of applicants? Your reply answers my question so thanks for the clarification.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:10 pm

ZhengWei3 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:57 pm
Many thanks for your reply and apologies if I was a bit vague. What I meant is if someone meets the basic requirements stated on their website is the chances of success very high or are the UKVI usually picky about small details and tend to refuse a lot of applicants? Your reply answers my question so thanks for the clarification.
Read the Tier 2 Guidance (not just on the gov website) on Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2, if you meet all requirements (there are quite a few) then it will not be a problem. The Home Office is not "picky" about small details --- applicants are refused normally because the evidence the applicants have provided does not really meet the requirements.

ZhengWei3
Newly Registered

What are the consequences of a refused application (tier 4 to tier 2)

Post by ZhengWei3 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:16 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm currently an international first year PhD student on a tier 4 and I've recently signed a contract to join a big 4 company this september and I'm currently preparing to submit for a tier 2 application. The rules I believe that I need to complete 12 months of study before submitting tier 2 application but that would me in mid September which is few days after the induction start date. My employer's immigration team are insistent that it would be ok to submit an application end of August and so I'm submitting a super priority application.

My question is, if they were wrong and my tier 2 application was refused are there any serious consequences or can I simply apply again in mid September when I would have satisfied the 12 months of PhD study rule? Please note that fortunately I am able to afford submitting a 2nd super priority application in terms of fees. I'm just concerned if there are any legal difficulties which it harder to obtain the visa in September due to the first refusal.

Also, would the tier 2 refusal affect my tier 4 visa which currently expires 3 years from now?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What are the consequences of a refused application (tier 4 to tier 2)

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:28 pm

Non-issue, simply apply again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ZhengWei3
Newly Registered

Post by ZhengWei3 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:51 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:28 pm
Non-issue, simply apply again.
Thank you so much for your reply.

If you don't mind me asking, would the refusal (if it happens) affect my current tier 4 which doesn't expire till 2023. I know if my tier 2 application is successful my tier 4 gets curtailed but I don't know what happens to my tier 4 if my tier 2 application gets refused.

Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:31 pm

Nothing happens to your tier 4. It doesnt get canceled if tier 2 is refused.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.