ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Health Surcharge for ILR dependents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shahbandish
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Dependent Visa

Post by shahbandish » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:23 pm

Hello,

I have just received ILR.
I have also got Job of more than 30K starting from 30th of Jan 19 in UK.
My wife and kid are in India and want to call them on ILR dependent visa.
KID is 1 and half year old, Born in UK.
Me and my wife both didn't have Job since March 2018.
QUERY
Can they apply for a dependent visa
OR
do I need to wait for six months payslip and bank statement?
OR
the contract letter from the EMPLOYER, will suffice the financial requirements? As salary requirement for partner and 1 kid is around 23K.

I have been reading about this on the GOV website, but it is very confusing.

Hoping for a prompt response.

NOTE: i HAVE ALSO POSTED THE SAME POST UNDER ILR UMBRELLA. CR01 REPLY ME ON ANY OF THE POST SHALL BE FINE.

Regards,
Bandy.

Casa

Re: Dependent Visa

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:38 pm

In order to sponsor your wife and child, you need 6 months of payslips together with the corresponding bank statements. In addition to the visa fees they will both have to pay £1,200 Immigration Health Surcharge fee.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

shahbandish
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Dependent Visa

Post by shahbandish » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:05 am

Thank you very much.

shahbandish
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Immigration Health Surcharge for ILR dependents

Post by shahbandish » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:02 pm

Hi

I received ILR in Dec 2018 based on 10 years long residence.

Now I want to call my wife and son (Born in the UK) who are in India on my dependent Visa. I have all the requirements ticked, but I'm confused on the IHS. The application form takes you to the IHS website, which does not give many options.

My wife is applying as a partner and my son is applying as a child of a parent applying for entry clearance as a partner.

Can anyone please guide me as to which option they should tick on IHS website??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge for ILR dependents

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:10 pm

What options does it give?? Note we don't have sight of the online forms and options.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:04 pm

shahbandish wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:02 pm
Hi

Now I want to call my wife and son (Born in the UK) who are in India on my dependent Visa. I have all the requirements ticked, but I'm confused on the IHS. The application form takes you to the IHS website, which does not give many options.

My wife is applying as a partner and my son is applying as a child of a parent applying for entry clearance as a partner.

Regarding paying child's IHS you might not get option because there is a glitch in system where kids gets exempted from paying it but later the sponsor receives the link by UKVI to pay it.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

shahbandish
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR dependant Visa for my wife and son

Post by shahbandish » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:16 pm

Hi All,

Currently, I am on ILR (got in december 2018).
I want to call my wife and my son (2 year old) to uk from india.
My wife has studied in UK and was on tier 2 dependant until Feb 2018.
My son was born in 2017 in UK and had to leave uk before i got my ILR. Now both are in India and have Indian Nationality.

I was trying to fill their application form online but it is so confusing and frustrating as if an incorrect form is filled then £5000 is wasted. And it lot of money for me.

Correct or not don't know but trying to follow the procedure mentioned as per the Link: https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse and https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/child

Questions.
1) What is the best way to call them as a dependant? If i am correct, and i am planning to fill family visa application form as a partner or spouse for my wife.
2) Do I need to fill separate form for my KID? as they both, will apply for a visa and will be travelling to UK at the same time.
3)If i need to fill the form separate for my kid, then will it be considered as
a) Kid will be my dependant and i will be the sponsorer for him.
or
b)He will be considered as my wifes dependant and i will become sponsorer to my wife?
4) Confusion: Website, On child's page once it is mentioned: " If you’re under 18
You can either: be added to your parent’s next application as a dependant or apply separately" which in my case will be my wifes application.
Where as if you scroll down on the same page it is mentioned:
"Apply from outside the UK
You’ll need to prepare information and documents to provide with your application.
Apply at the same time as your parent
You must apply online. You also need to complete Appendix 1, unless your parent is applying to enter the UK as the partner of:
a British citizen
someone with settled status
someone with leave to remain as a refugee
someone with humanitarian protection
If your parent is one of the above, you do not need to complete Appendix 1 as well as applying online".

5) What is settled status? Tried to google it, but it seems it only related to EU nationals. Am i correct?

6) As i am having ILR will it be automatically considered that i am having settled status?

7) Or do i have to also fill appendix 1 for my kid?

Please help!!!!

Thanks,

BDS

shahbandish
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shahbandish » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:54 am

seagul wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:04 pm
shahbandish wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:02 pm
Hi

Regarding paying child's IHS you might not get option because there is a glitch in system where kids gets exempted from paying it but later the sponsor receives the link by UKVI to pay it.
Thanks for replying. In that case, would the form say the applicant is exempt for being under 18 and lead applicant. My son is 2 and applying as a dependent of a parent who is applying as a partner. Regarding partners application, on the IHS form it say you have no dependents, because the details are taken from application form, which does not allow to add dependents.

I am so confused.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:57 am

You need two application forms, one for each person applying and then you pay 2 x IHS fees, as far as I understand.

The child is not exempt from IHS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shahbandish
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shahbandish » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:09 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:57 am
You need two application forms, one for each person applying and then you pay 2 x IHS fees, as far as I understand.

Hi. Thanks for replying. I agree I need to pay IHS for both, my query is should the IHS form for my wife say you don't have any dependents. how are the 2 applications are being linked?

thanks in advance.

shahbandish
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shahbandish » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:28 pm

shahbandish wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:09 am
CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:57 am

Hi. Thanks for replying. I agree I need to pay IHS for both, my query is should the IHS form for my wife say you don't have any dependents. how are the 2 applications are being linked?

thanks in advance.
Hi Can someone please reply. Im stuck whether to move ahead or not. Called UKBA helpline, but they seem confused themselves

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:46 pm

UKVI helpline team are just telephone operators perhaps employed through agency who doesn't have immigration related knowledge unless anyone of them read this board.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

shahbandish
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shahbandish » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:18 am

we have managed to submit the application and get positive result.
so, my experience says the spouse and child applications would appear completely separate and 2 different applications. The Child IHS fee would be requested towards the end of the application, and the decision is given within 5-10 working days of the payment.
Thank you everyone in this forum whose input helped us.