ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR family application, can one applicant ask for super priority and others normal

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

suthan
Newly Registered

Using degree for ILR english requirement

Post by suthan » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:10 pm

Hi,
For ILR english requirement, me and wife are planning to use degree taught in english from outside UK from non english speaking country.
Can you kindly reply to these questions:

a.) Do we need to apply for these two certifications from NARIC or 2 is enough?

1. confirmation from UK NARIC that the qualification is to the same standard as a UK degree or above

2. confirmation from UK NARIC that the degree was taught in English

b.) Our degree was used/accepted to get Tier 2 (general) visa without any NARIC certification in 2014.
Is there any chance to avoid a.) and use my degree certs for ILR english.

Thank for your reply/time in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Using degree for ILR english requirement

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:14 pm

suthan wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:10 pm
Hi,
For ILR english requirement, me and wife are planning to use degree taught in english from outside UK from non english speaking country.
Can you kindly reply to these questions:

a.) Do we need to apply for these two certifications from NARIC or 2 is enough?

1. confirmation from UK NARIC that the qualification is to the same standard as a UK degree or above

2. confirmation from UK NARIC that the degree was taught in English

b.) Our degree was used/accepted to get Tier 2 (general) visa without any NARIC certification in 2014.
Is there any chance to avoid a.) and use my degree certs for ILR english.

You both need separate NARIC validity OR you can simply take an approved B1 SELT English Test. Its only 10min. Both NARIC and English test costs the same £150.

https://www.trinitycollege.com/site/?id=3220
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

suthan
Newly Registered

ILR family application, can one applicant ask for super priority and others normal

Post by suthan » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:20 pm

Hi,

We are family of 4 appliying together for ILR.

1. Can main applicant ask for super priority and others for normal processing.

2. found these 2 priority service categories in home office website:
a.) super priority, one day, £800
b.) priority, 5 days, £500
Can i use b.) priority service for ILR application.

Regards
Suthan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR family application, can one applicant ask for super priority and others normal

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:22 pm

Can i use b.) priority service for ILR application.
No.

If you want to apply super priority, you need to apply first and then apply separately for dependents using standard 8 week service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

suthan
Newly Registered

Can we use IELTS(acedemic) for ILR English requirement

Post by suthan » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:25 pm

Hi
can we use IELTS(acedemic) results for ILR English requirement? What is the expected score and how Long IELTS result is valid?

Thanks
Suthan

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Can we use IELTS(acedemic) for ILR English requirement

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:31 pm

The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Can we use IELTS(acedemic) for ILR English requirement

Post by zimba » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:02 am

suthan wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:25 pm
Hi
can we use IELTS(acedemic) results for ILR English requirement? What is the expected score and how Long IELTS result is valid?

Thanks
Suthan
DO NOT create multiple topics !! Stick only to this post :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

suthan
Newly Registered

ILR payment questions

Post by suthan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:56 pm

1. My company agree to pay my ILR fee as my work visa is expiring. Can i use company credit card to make the payment or is there any requirement to use applicant credit card.

2. Is there any tax rebate/excemption possible on ILR payment if company help on the payment?

Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: ILR payment questions

Post by aman90 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:06 pm

1. If you don’t own the company then it’s ok.
2. Ask ur company accountant- this is an immigration forum.

suthan
Newly Registered

Re: ILR family application, can one applicant ask for super priority and others normal

Post by suthan » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:42 pm

Thanks, it means SET(O) application first using super priority for me, after i get the ILR, another SET(M) application for family member for normal 8 weeks route.
is this understanding correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:45 pm

suthan wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:42 pm
Thanks, it means SET(O) application first using super priority for me, after i get the ILR, another SET(M) application for family member for normal 8 weeks route.
is this understanding correct?
No!! Set (O) for you on your own, then SET(O) for your dependents with your spouse as the main applicant.

They don't qualify for ILR on SET(M) as they don't hold a spouse visa under Appendix FM for 5 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

suthan
Newly Registered

Post by suthan » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:12 am

Thank you for clarifying this very important point.
Sould i wait for my SET(o) appplication outcome before submit my wife's & children SET(o) application? or shall we submit both applications around same time.
I am asking this as our visas are expiring in 28days, i trying to undertstand if my application outcome delay will affect others application submission.

Thank you for time.
Suthan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:29 am

Regardless of how you choose to do it, you all need to apply before visa expiry. If your ILR fails, their ILR will also fail.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:39 am

suthan wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:12 am
Keep all ur questions in one place. Do not create separate threads for every question that comes to you.

Were ur children born here?

suthan
Newly Registered

Post by suthan » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:50 pm

No my children were not born here in UK, may family came along with me on a Tier 2 General 5 year visa.
I am wondering if their (wife & 2 children) ILR approval would be smooth if submit their application after mine is approved ( bit worried about applying for them separately, as all of them are dependent visa holders on my Tier 2)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:28 pm

There is no rule or requirement that they must apply for you. Whether they apply at the same time as you or after your ILR is granted makes no difference. They still have to meet the same requirements to qualify for ILR regardless of when/how they apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:36 pm

Scenario A

You apply super priority on Date X on a separate account.

You apply standard on Date X (same date) on a separate account for your dependents (in this case add a cover letter that you have applied for ILR via super priority. Their applications will be considered after your decision anyways)

Scenario B

You all apply for either super priority OR all apply for standard on Date X in the same account.

Scenario C

You apply for dependents on Date(X+A) on a separate account AFTER your ILR grant (before their visa expiry).

The rules are the same which they will have to follow in any above scenario. Scenario C is the best risk-free option cz incase God forbid something goes wrong you do not loose huge fees for everyone. Plus its a lot quicker for dependents after the main applicant is granted ILR even if they choose standard service.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

suthan
Newly Registered

Post by suthan » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:56 am

Thank you so much, such a clear explanation. Yes i am going to go for the third best option.

suthan
Newly Registered

Re: Using degree for ILR english requirement

Post by suthan » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:49 pm

I applied for NARIC certification for my bachelors and masters degrees. But they only processed my masters degree for English and UK equivalent.
They refused to process my bachelors degree for this reason (i could not comprehend this absurd reason for refusal) - i was told 'my grades' and 'the course was taught in English', both these information were on the same letter from my university. I was asked to produce a separate letter for English medium proof and i could not get one on time.

My question is, would it be sufficient to get only my masters degree certified for English proof by NARIC for ILR application?

Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:29 pm

What on the earth gave you the idea that you need 2 degrees to fulfil eng language requirement?
Did you pay for each separately?

suthan
Newly Registered

Post by suthan » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:24 pm

No i paid for only one application, 150 pounds. But the online application is allowing you to add both degrees in one application now. That is why i got this doubt..if i need my first degree certified?

suthan
Newly Registered

Post by suthan » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:22 am

My online application Tier 2 general 5 year route ILR, SET (o) documents section have this instruction (asking only one most recent payslip & banks statements, also saying You should not provide any additional payslips or statements) but from this forum and other sources i understood i need to submit for 6 months. I am confused, how many months payslip/statements to submit, one month or 6 months?

Your most recent payslip and bank or building society statement. These must be dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application. The statement must show the payment, as shown on the payslip. You should not provide any additional payslips or statements, unless you are currently on maternity, paternity, shared parental or adoption leave.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:27 am

That’s coz they are trying to be over cautious.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:40 am

suthan wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:22 am
My online application Tier 2 general 5 year route ILR, SET (o) documents section have this instruction (asking only one most recent payslip & banks statements, also saying You should not provide any additional payslips or statements) but from this forum and other sources i understood i need to submit for 6 months. I am confused, how many months payslip/statements to submit, one month or 6 months?

Your most recent payslip and bank or building society statement. These must be dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application. The statement must show the payment, as shown on the payslip. You should not provide any additional payslips or statements, unless you are currently on maternity, paternity, shared parental or adoption leave.
You are confusing things. The 6 months evidence requirement is for a completely different visa route and NOT tier 2 to ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

suthan
Newly Registered

Post by suthan » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:42 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:36 pm
Scenario A

You apply standard on Date X (same date) on a separate account for your dependents (in this case add a cover letter that you have applied for ILR via super priority. Their applications will be considered after your decision anyways)

Scenario B

You all apply for either super priority OR all apply for standard on Date X in the same account.

Scenario C

You apply for dependents on Date(X+A) on a separate account AFTER your ILR grant (before their visa expiry).

The rules are the same which they will have to follow in any above scenario. Scenario C is the best risk-free option cz incase God forbid something goes wrong you do not loose huge fees for everyone. Plus its a lot quicker for dependents after the main applicant is granted ILR even if they choose standard service.

I am thinking to go for this Scenario C:
You apply super priority on Date X on a separate account. You apply for dependents on Date(X+A) on a separate account AFTER your ILR grant (before their visa expiry).

I have 28 days window to get my ILR (using super priority) and apply ILR for dependents after mine is granted. I have a doubt, what if i don't get an appointment on time for bio metric, do you have any idea how long it takes to get an appointment after online application is submitted for super priority these days?