ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT help Please !!! spouse visa extension FLRM

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sofia123
Newly Registered

When exactly my husband can apply for spouse visa extension FLRM?

Post by Sofia123 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:51 pm

1st question:

I am British citizen I sponsored my husband.

My husband arrived in UK on 2nd December 2017.

However, on his BRP the place and date of issue is written as UK 02-11-2017.

Valid until date is 09-08-2020.

When we can apply for my husband’s 1st visa extension (FLRM) as early as possible?

Can we apply after 2nd May 2020? as 2.5 years (30 months) would be completed on 02-04-2020.

2nd question:

Can someone post the list of subsistence documents which we can submit. We have only council tax both in our names. How many proofs do we need spread over 2 years? What could be sources of these correspondence?
I have bills in my name only. TV licence is in my husband's name.
What could be the sources for my husband to prove he has been living with me at same address?
He has bank statements, bank letters, NHS letters, employment letters.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: When exactly my husband can apply for spouse visa extension FLRM?

Post by seagul » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:28 pm

1. Yes if you wishes so

2. Cohabitation evidences need to be 6 if jointly addressed or 12 in number if individually addressed from at least 3 sources covering the last 2 years with even gaps of 3-4 months. These can be from any source.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Sofia123
Newly Registered

Post by Sofia123 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:48 pm

Thanks a lot seagul. You are a star.

Your replies and posts has always helped me a lot on this board.

Sofia123
Newly Registered

Post by Sofia123 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:06 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:28 pm
1. Yes if you wishes so

2. Cohabitation evidences need to be 6 if jointly addressed or 12 in number if individually addressed from at least 3 sources covering the last 2 years with even gaps of 3-4 months. These can be from any source.
Seagul,

Does this mean we can count 2.5 years from the BRP issue date 02/11/2017?

His arrival date in is 02.12.2017 a month later than his BRP issue date.

I do not want to make mistake that UKIV tell us that we should have calculated 2.5 years from his arrival date rather than BRB issue date which is 1 month early than the arrival date.
We are short of 1 month towards 2.5 years.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:16 pm

Sofia123 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:06 pm
seagul wrote:
1. Yes if you wishes so

Seagul,

I do not want to make mistake that UKIV tell us that we should have calculated 2.5 years from his arrival date rather than BRB issue date which is 1 month early than the arrival date.
No, the residence starts counting from date of entry to the UK for spouse visa holders.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:18 pm

Sofia123 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:06 pm
seagul wrote:
1. Yes if you wishes so

Seagul,

It will count from the date of arrival to UK. Usually I always recommend that unless your personal circumstances or visa rules are not changing then extension should be applied very close to BRP/visa expiry to enjoy the maximum length of visa which in return will minimize the every single possibility of any shortfall towards the ILR qualifying period.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Sofia123
Newly Registered

URGENT help Please !!! spouse visa extension FLRM

Post by Sofia123 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:38 am

I need to apply for my husband’s spouse FLRM extension after 2.5 years. I intend to apply on in June 2020.

Please help me out !!! I have these questions:

1. My husband started his current job 2 years ago. He has a full-time permanent job contract, that has variable hours, he gets paid monthly and his annual earning gross is around £21,616.

Do we need to calculate £18,600 including or excluding the pension contributions?

2. When we applied for Greece visa application in January 2020, his employer letter also contained this statement below:

“In line with Company policy we cannot confirm estimated salaries and are only able to provide factual data including actual earnings. Therefore, Mr XYZ taxable earnings from 1st April 2019 to present in the current tax year (2019/20) is £21,616.”

His employer might include this again in letter for his own FLM application. Would there be a problem?

3. As he is meeting income requirement on his own, can he apply using only his own salary to meet the requirement of £18,600? (Or I need to combine my earnings with him.)

4. Which category can he use to apply? Category A or B? He will earn £11,300 or more in 6 months before the launch of the application on 10th June 2020. Can he use 6 months’ payslips and 6 months bank statements and apply under Category A?

5. He has a basic Santander bank account, in which his net monthly salary around £1600-£1700 goes and then he transfers £1100 money into my account as I have direct debits set up on my account to pay all the bills and rent. He always keeps minimum £1000 balance in his bank account so it’s not empty. This account I believe is not eligible to set up direct debts (not sure though).

Would there be a problem when he is submitting 6 months bank statements of this basic account in which his salary goes, to prove earnings and meet financial requirement of £18600?
As there are no bills or rent paid through his account, no direct debits set up on it.

6. He has TV licence in his name, but again direct debit for fee is on my account. The council tax is in our joint names but again I am paying online or over the phone, there is no proof that he is paying any bill or rent, as he does not have utility bills in his name.
Would this cause any problem?

7. I am a supply teacher and I have earned around £23000 during last tax year as well. Do I need to submit my P60? I have worked for 3 different supply agencies to earn this income. Do I need to combine my income with my husband to meet the £18,600 requirement?

8. As all the bills and rent are paid through my bank account, I have direct debits set up.
Do I need to submit my bank statements or not?

I would really appreciate your fabulous help !!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: URGENT help Please !!! spouse visa extension FLRM

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:54 am

Topics merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:17 pm

Sofia123 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:38 am
I need to apply for my husband’s spouse FLRM extension after 2.5 years. I intend to apply on in June 2020.

Please help me out !!! I have these questions:

1. My husband started his current job 2 years ago. He has a full-time permanent job contract, that has variable hours, he gets paid monthly and his annual earning gross is around £21,616.

Do we need to calculate £18,600 including or excluding the pension contributions?

2. When we applied for Greece visa application in January 2020, his employer letter also contained this statement below:

“In line with Company policy we cannot confirm estimated salaries and are only able to provide factual data including actual earnings. Therefore, Mr XYZ taxable earnings from 1st April 2019 to present in the current tax year (2019/20) is £21,616.”

His employer might include this again in letter for his own FLM application. Would there be a problem?

3. As he is meeting income requirement on his own, can he apply using only his own salary to meet the requirement of £18,600? (Or I need to combine my earnings with him.)

4. Which category can he use to apply? Category A or B? He will earn £11,300 or more in 6 months before the launch of the application on 10th June 2020. Can he use 6 months’ payslips and 6 months bank statements and apply under Category A?

5. He has a basic Santander bank account, in which his net monthly salary around £1600-£1700 goes and then he transfers £1100 money into my account as I have direct debits set up on my account to pay all the bills and rent. He always keeps minimum £1000 balance in his bank account so it’s not empty. This account I believe is not eligible to set up direct debts (not sure though).

Would there be a problem when he is submitting 6 months bank statements of this basic account in which his salary goes, to prove earnings and meet financial requirement of £18600?
As there are no bills or rent paid through his account, no direct debits set up on it.

6. He has TV licence in his name, but again direct debit for fee is on my account. The council tax is in our joint names but again I am paying online or over the phone, there is no proof that he is paying any bill or rent, as he does not have utility bills in his name.
Would this cause any problem?

7. I am a supply teacher and I have earned around £23000 during last tax year as well. Do I need to submit my P60? I have worked for 3 different supply agencies to earn this income. Do I need to combine my income with my husband to meet the £18,600 requirement?

8. As all the bills and rent are paid through my bank account, I have direct debits set up.
Do I need to submit my bank statements or not?

I would really appreciate your fabulous help !!

1. There is no explanation about pension in official guidance but as per few member experience it would be after pension but before tax deduction.

2. No issue as employer still confirming wages

3. No but yes if you wishes

4. Category A. Yes 6 months of payslips & bank statements.

5. No issue as only wages credit will be checked

6. No issue as anyone can pay these

7. No & no. But yes if you wishes

8. Yes maybe as an evidence of cohabitation

Sofia123
Newly Registered

Post by Sofia123 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:32 pm

Thank you very much seagul for your prompt reply.

Sofia123
Newly Registered

Post by Sofia123 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:54 am
Topics merged!!
Thanks a lot !!!

Sofia123
Newly Registered

Post by Sofia123 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:08 pm

I have another dilemma,

We had home burglary and the burglars stole my husband's bag in which he had original (in English) marriage certificate which was submitted when we got his first visa from his home country.

We have an original marriage certificate in other language, not in English.

We submitted the original one with the union council and they issued original English certified translated one, which we used to apple for his first spouse visa. This is stolen now.

I do have a copy of the stolen marriage certificate, attested from his home country.

As there is COVID19 emergency imposed in his home country we can't get original replacement of it.

If emergency stays on in his home country until we apply for his FLRM, what do we need to do?

We can submit the original (not in English) and a certified copy of the original English marriage certificate which is stolen.

Would that be ok? Any advice is much appreciated !!!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm

Sofia123 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:08 pm

We can submit the original (not in English) and a certified copy of the original English marriage certificate which is stolen.
Maybe these work if you choose self upload as no original is posted.

Sofia123
Newly Registered

Post by Sofia123 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:29 am

seagul wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Sofia123 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:08 pm

My husband just told me that he does have a scanned original marriage certificate, which is stolen, saved on his computer.

We intend to upload the docs ourselves, so we can also upload the scanned version of the original marriage certificate as well.

Are they going to check original documents at any stage, do we need to write in covering letter that it has been stolen.

I understand that we are not going to post any documents. Are they going to check original documents when they will take biometrics. We will be using super priority service.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:56 am

Sofia123 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:29 am

My husband just told me that he does have a scanned original marriage certificate, which is stolen, saved on his computer.

We intend to upload the docs ourselves, so we can also upload the scanned version of the original marriage certificate as well.

Are they going to check original documents at any stage, do we need to write in covering letter that it has been stolen.

I understand that we are not going to post any documents. Are they going to check original documents when they will take biometrics. We will be using super priority service.
seagul wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Original might only be asked where during the biometrics they couldn't see it in their system.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:14 am

The scanned copy is fine, use it.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Sofia123
Newly Registered

Post by Sofia123 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:54 am

Hello everyone,

Thanks for contributing all of you.

My husband's last year P60 states, he has earned £26,363.

Here is the pay period we are relying for his FLRM: 10th January 2020 - 10th June 2020

Payslips relied upon of 6 Months (gross pay)

10th January 2020 £2,277 (Deductions: PAYE £229 NI £176 Pension £88 Net payment to account £1783)

10th February 2020 £2,635 (Deductions: PAYE £297 NI £229 Pension £106 Net payment to account £2002)

10th March 2020 £2,307 (Deductions: PAYE £235 NI £190 Pension £89 Net payment to account £1791)

10th April 2020 £ 2,511 (Deductions: PAYE £273 NI £206 Pension £99 Net payment to account £1931)

10th May 2020 £2,592 (Deductions: PAYE £289 NI £216 Pension £103 Net payment to account £1983)

10th June 2020 £2,747 (Deductions: PAYE £318 NI £234 Pension £111 Net payment to account £2082)

Total Gross £15,069. (have not mentioned the pence) TOTAL NET PAY(6 months): £11,572

However, that's what we have received in his letter today, he applied letter by mistake before his 10th June 2020 pay, so it is not included in the figure in the letter, we will be requesting the letter again after clarification here:

Employment LETTER

To Whom it May concern
Re: Employment for XYZ 8th June 2020

I am writing to confirm that the above named person joined our company as……officer on 1st August 2018.

Mr XYZ holds a permanent full time position within Company and currently has a variable hours contract. Additionally, I can confirm Mr XYZ’s current rate of pay is £8.75 per hour.
For actual working hours and monthly pay details please refer to the individual’s payslip where this information is itemised.

In line with Company policy we cannot confirm estimated salaries and are only able to provide factual data including actual earnings. Therefore, Mr XYZ’s taxable earnings from 1st April 2020 to present in the current tax year (2020/21) is £4,900.27.

Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours faithfully,
Human resource assistant

What do we need to do now, any advice is much appreciated. We are extremely worried now.

1. In this above letter, the employer has deducted pension of £202 for April and May 2020 from his gross pay of 2 months (April May) and have calculated the figure or £4009.

2. Is it possible to ask employer to mention his pay from 10th January till 10th June 2020?

3. Do employers normally make such a letter for FLRM or do they refuse to add details of 6 months’ pay? His payslips have all the details.

4. What if employer again compose a letter stating his pay from 1st April 2020 and they add April, May, June (3months’) pay in the letter and not the all 6 months’ pay/salary? What to do in that case? How to prove to home office in application FLRM, his 6 months salary relied upon?

5. He gets online payslips, they have refused to stamp the payslips as well. Would these unstamped payslips would be fine?

6. For his FLRM application do I need to calculate pay relying upon after deducting the pension contribution as his employer is doing? As I need to justify this in the cover letter as well.

Please help, we need to request the employment letter again.