ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family- Set M online application submission

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AfaKhan30
Pakistan

Family- Set M online application submission

Post by AfaKhan30 » Fri May 01, 2020 11:24 am

Hi All
I hope you all are well

I need some guidance from any anyone who have valid information about Family-Set M online application submission.

Its not in person application.

Actually my wife and two kids are on 5 years route as an dependant of settled person in the UK, their second extension about to expire in 5-6 weeks.So, they will be eligible to apply for ILR,I believe on Set (M) form?

I have few queries, please if someone can answer;

1. Do they really need to submit their ILR application online or they can still print hard copy of Set (M) form fill by hand and post it? like we could submit in the past.

2. If only online option, then is there any significant changes compare to print out form?

3. what are the procedure & steps of online Application for Family- Set M online application submission? sorry i never used online application for Visa or ILR,just recently used for my other kids British passport renewal, so not very familiar.

4. How does the bio-metric appointment works? do we need to book at the same time of application or Home office send an email or letter later on and ask to do Bio-metric?

5. How the documents will be submitted? can we do from our computer or we would need to go to specified centre by Home office?

6. Pictures need to be digital? in current lock down if someone cannot go to Studio, then can take picture at home and attach to online application? but photo Studio provide a code to pull digital picture how we can do from our computer?

7. if due to Lock down bio-metric centres are closed then what happened?i mean does Home office still consider application made in time,i believe so, but just to confirm if someone has recent experience.

8. Supporting documents need to be of last 5 years or since the last extension (2.5 years)?

I hope someone with valid information or recent experience would kindly advise us.

I will be very thankful for any sincere comments.
Thanks
Khan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Family- Set M online application submission

Post by CR001 » Fri May 01, 2020 11:56 am

Yes, form SET M.

On what date did your family ENTER the UK on their spouse/child visas?

1. They must apply online. You cannot post applications and documents to HO anymore.

2. Similar questions.

3. Apply with spouse as main applicant, children as dependents. Complete what is asked for. It is not complicated. Pay and then you will be directed to the UKCVAS website to upload supporting documents and book an appointment for identity check and biometrics (centres are currently closed).

4. You have to book it your self with UKCVAS Sopra Steria centre. You do NOT get a letter or email from HO.

5. Scanned and uploaded on the UKCVAS portal. You can do it yourself or pay extra for scanning at the centre if available.

6. What pictures?? There is NO requirement to submit photos.

7. The date of application is the date you SUBMIT and PAY online for SET(M) and NOT the date of your biometrics appointment.

8. Evidence of cohabitation for the last TWO years. Financial evidence depends on how you are meeting the financial requirement.

Does your spouse have the B1 English test and Life in the UK test yet??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 01, 2020 12:36 pm

Please do NOT tag your questions onto other members topic when you have your own thread and have received a response.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AfaKhan30
Pakistan

Post by AfaKhan30 » Fri May 01, 2020 8:40 pm

Hi CR001

Thanks for your generous response.

My family are on spouse visa for more than 8 years, but their clock restarted in April 2015 when they moved to dependant of settled person category..

3. So you meant, we can upload all the supporting documents by ourselves, those will be too much and while i am not in the office so very difficult to upload thousand of papers ( as 4 different bank account statements and other documents). due to volume of the documents and UKCVAS Sopra Steria centres are closed then do you know what we can do?

4. Also due to closure of Sopra Steria centres how the application can be completed?

5. Do you think not all centres provide scanning & uploading service?

6.All the application forms requires applicants photo, do you think is not required for online application.?

8. As my family are on 54 years route, do you think they only need to submit 2 years documents or 5 years?

Yes, my spouse has B1 and life in the UK.

I will be very thankful if you can advise on the above queries.

Have a good weekend & stay safe!

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri May 01, 2020 9:15 pm

AfaKhan30 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:40 pm

3. So you meant, we can upload all the supporting documents by ourselves, those will be too much and while i am not in the office so very difficult to upload thousand of papers ( as 4 different bank account statements and other documents). due to volume of the documents and UKCVAS Sopra Steria centres are closed then do you know what we can do?

Your all other queries have already been answered by Cr001
If you use online banking then must have been receiving online bank statements in pdf which straight can be uploaded without scanning by page by page rather a file can be uploaded.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AfaKhan30
Pakistan

Post by AfaKhan30 » Sat May 02, 2020 11:00 pm

Hi Seagul and CR001

Thanks for your kind advise, its much appreciated.

I just need further clarification on the following points, if you or anyone have valid knowledge;

All the application forms requires applicants photo, do you think is not required for online application? if require, how we can take photo during lock down while it has to be specified standard given by Home office?

As my family are on 5 years route, do you think they only need to submit 2.5 years documents(since last extension) or 5 years?

I will be very thankful if you can advise on the above queries.

Have a good weekend & stay safe!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun May 03, 2020 12:47 am

DO NOT ask the same question everywhere :!: :!: No photo is submitted at all. Photos are taken digitally at your appointment
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AfaKhan30
Pakistan

Post by AfaKhan30 » Tue May 12, 2020 11:09 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:36 pm
Please do NOT tag your questions onto other members topic when you have your own thread and have received a response.
Hi CR001

I just want to confirm one point about claiming benefit (its related to submit ILR application that's why i have not started new topic).

When i applied CHB, CTC ( which is now UC) i done some research and also spoke to relevant departments over the phone and wrote them a letter( explained the status of my Wife and first two sons- no access to public funds) they all told me the same as you believed and i have seen in one of 2017 topic you mentioned about your own case.

claiming-benefits/spouse-visa-and-child ... 33173.html

I did receive a letter from HMRC 2015 in which they confirmed that as per Immigration rule 6B, there is no problem, then when we moved to UC we received after HRT, a letter for my wife which states that she is not eligible , but at the time of application for UC i mentioned on my Journal at UC that i dont want to claim any benefit for my wife, also if they think my first two sons are not eligible then also do not pay for them. UC child eligibility linked to CHB.

In summary; i have all these correspondence, do you think should i submit these with the cover letter and explained to Case worker with my wife and kids ILR application? or it will be unnecessary.
As you mentioned your own case how you did ( your Husband did) it?

Your kind response will be highly appreciated.

If anyone else also have some experience then please share.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 12, 2020 11:18 am

In summary; i have all these correspondence, do you think should i submit these with the cover letter and explained to Case worker with my wife and kids ILR application?
None of this is required. HO do their own checks with other government departments anyway.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AfaKhan30
Pakistan

Post by AfaKhan30 » Tue May 12, 2020 4:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:18 am
In summary; i have all these correspondence, do you think should i submit these with the cover letter and explained to Case worker with my wife and kids ILR application?
None of this is required. HO do their own checks with other government departments anyway.
Thanks CR001 for the prompt response.
But do you think it would be good if we provide them before they got wrong perception(God forbid)? or is there any harm to provide these supporting letters? just want to get fresh opinion.

Did you guys provided these sort of letters or explained in covering letter?

Your kind comments are much appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 12, 2020 4:51 pm

Not required and no we did not. We simply completed the detail in the form where it was asked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AfaKhan30
Pakistan

Post by AfaKhan30 » Wed May 13, 2020 12:49 pm

Thanks CR001

AfaKhan30
Pakistan

Post by AfaKhan30 » Sat May 16, 2020 11:50 am

Hi All
I have one query

Can we download bank statements from online account as PDF and submit with ILR (set-m) application? they have all the required details but say online, also as we recently downloaded so also download date on one bank statements are appearing as May even for last years.

Also we have bank statements via postal, but those will take an ages to scan in the computer? if we scan these do we need to scan back sides as well? which have general informations.

CR001 or anyone with some knowledge please can you advise.
Its bit Urgent as need to apply in few days.

Thanks.

AfaKhan30
Pakistan

Post by AfaKhan30 » Sat May 16, 2020 11:50 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 11:56 am
Yes, form SET M.

On what date did your family ENTER the UK on their spouse/child visas?

1. They must apply online. You cannot post applications and documents to HO anymore.

2. Similar questions.

3. Apply with spouse as main applicant, children as dependents. Complete what is asked for. It is not complicated. Pay and then you will be directed to the UKCVAS website to upload supporting documents and book an appointment for identity check and biometrics (centres are currently closed).

4. You have to book it your self with UKCVAS Sopra Steria centre. You do NOT get a letter or email from HO.

5. Scanned and uploaded on the UKCVAS portal. You can do it yourself or pay extra for scanning at the centre if available.

6. What pictures?? There is NO requirement to submit photos.

7. The date of application is the date you SUBMIT and PAY online for SET(M) and NOT the date of your biometrics appointment.

8. Evidence of cohabitation for the last TWO years. Financial evidence depends on how you are meeting the financial requirement.

Does your spouse have the B1 English test and Life in the UK test yet??

Hi All
I have one query

Can we download bank statements from online account as PDF and submit with ILR (set-m) application? they have all the required details but say online, also as we recently downloaded so also download date on one bank statements are appearing as May even for last years.

Also we have bank statements via postal, but those will take an ages to scan in the computer? if we scan these do we need to scan back sides as well? which have general informations.

CR001 or anyone with some knowledge please can you advise.
Its bit Urgent as need to apply in few days.

Thanks.

AfaKhan30
Pakistan

Post by AfaKhan30 » Wed May 20, 2020 10:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Hi CR001

I have one query if you or anyone who has experience if they can share it;

i am filling Set (M) form for my wife and couple of child's who are on dependant visa ( 5 years route)

1) there is question at the end while i am filling my first child information " Are you and your partner married or in a civil partnership"? very strange question in child section, i believe they are asking about my & my wife ? is that correct? then we should say yes.

2) When applied last extension, Home office asked us to provide the details of all the children ( including their British passport etc.) which we provided,
Now how we will provide again about British passport holder children's?
is it still required in online application? do we need to add child as we are doing for non British children?
If yes will Home may not ask their application fees ( i know is not possible but as this is online, so not sure how it works).

I will be very thankful for any kind advise.

AfaKhan30
Pakistan

Post by AfaKhan30 » Wed May 20, 2020 10:31 pm

I have one query if you or anyone who has experience if they can share it;

i am filling Set (M) form for my wife and couple of child's who are on dependant visa ( 5 years route)

1) there is question at the end while i am filling my first child information " Are you and your partner married or in a civil partnership"? very strange question in child section, i believe they are asking about my & my wife ? is that correct? then we should say yes.

2) When applied last extension, Home office asked us to provide the details of all the children ( including their British passport etc.) which we provided,
is it still required in online application? do we need to add child as we are doing for non British children?
If yes will Home may not ask their application fees ( i know is not possible but as this is online, so not sure how it works).

AfaKhan30
Pakistan

Do we need to provide British passport holder child' details as well- while filling online Set (M) for Mother and child

Post by AfaKhan30 » Thu May 21, 2020 12:32 pm

I have one query if anyone who has experience if they can share it;

Its bit Urgent as we need to apply by this weekend.

2) When applied last extension, Home office asked us to provide the details of all the children's, including child who has British passport ( including their British passport etc.) which we provided,

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu May 21, 2020 1:01 pm

Children with a British passport should NOT be added :!: :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AfaKhan30
Pakistan

Post by AfaKhan30 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:58 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:01 pm
Children with a British passport should NOT be added :!: :!:
Thanks Zimba.

SO even British children are not required to add as a non applicant? i hope you know it was required on the first extension of FLR (M).

Sorry, are you 100% sure.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu May 21, 2020 11:50 pm

They should never have to be added as dependants.

AfaKhan30
Pakistan

Post by AfaKhan30 » Sun May 24, 2020 7:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Hi CR001

I need some kind advise, if you are aware;

I believe i have made a mistake on Set (m) form regarding answering English language test.

The Question was "Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave
application made on or after 28 October 2013?" I have answered "Yes" then under knowledge and language section there was only question about life in the UK test which i have provided details, but again did not ask about B1 test details.

Finally in the documents check list, there is no requirement to provide English language test certificate etc. which has increased my doubts that i have incorrectly answered question with "Yes". about knowledge of English requirement

I have already paid fees.

I have already prepared covering letter to explain this with Certificate details.

1) I am just wondering what could be the negative impact of this wrong answer?

2) Is there any way i can correct this answer on the online form?

3) Can i contact to Home office and update them?

4) Also under finance section there was a question about list of benefits ( which as per our best understanding) which my husband does not claim so i answered "none of these benefits" but he receives Child benefit and Universal credit. I am wondering have i answered correctly this question?
Again i have mentioned in the covering letter about benefit my husband receives CHB and UC.

5) Can i contact to Home office and update them? how?
6) How i can make sure Caseworker will consider my B1 Test certificate? i passed in March 2020.
7) I believe i can still upload on UKVCAS website my B1 certificate?

Couple of families in my surrounding has received an email from home office to provide them life in the UK, language certificate via email, now in my situation will they ask me to provide B1 certificate?

Please if you have knowledge/ experience about above two issues then kindly advise me.
Your advise will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun May 24, 2020 11:49 pm

DO NOT tag your questions all over the forum. Ask ALL your queries regarding your application here only :!:
Caseworkers will make their decisions based on the documents submitted NOT the answers on the form. If you provide a piece of evidence, it will be considered.

Ezaan2014
Newly Registered

Post by Ezaan2014 » Mon May 25, 2020 2:33 am

AfaKhan30 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:07 pm
CR001 wrote:
Hi CR001

I believe i have made a mistake on Set (m) form regarding answering English language test.

The Question was "Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave
application made on or after 28 October 2013?" I have answered "Yes" then under knowledge and language section there was only question about life in the UK test which i have provided details, but again did not ask about B1 test details.

Finally in the documents check list, there is no requirement to provide English language test certificate etc. which has increased my doubts that i have incorrectly answered question with "Yes". about knowledge of English requirement

I have already prepared covering letter to explain this with Certificate details.

4) Also under finance section there was a question about list of benefits ( which as per our best understanding) which my husband does not claim so i answered "none of these benefits" but he receives Child benefit and Universal credit. I am wondering have i answered correctly this question?
Again i have mentioned in the covering letter about benefit my husband receives CHB and UC.

6) How i can make sure Caseworker will consider my B1 Test certificate? i passed in March 2020.

Couple of families in my surrounding has received an email from home office to provide them life in the UK, language certificate via email, now in my situation will they ask me to provide B1 certificate?

Please if you have knowledge/ experience about above two issues then kindly advise me.

Thanks

The covering letter that you sent about your benefits was unnecessary. If CB and UC was not in the list of benefits then you answered the question correctly. As far as I know your husband cannot take universal credit and if he takes that benefit it may affect your visa.

Read the following guidelines ( I copied it from Shelter)

" Spouse or partner visas
You can't claim universal credit if you're on a spouse or partner visa. Your partner is expected to support you financially for your first 5 years in the UK."

AfaKhan30
Pakistan

Post by AfaKhan30 » Mon May 25, 2020 2:02 pm

Ezaan2014 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 2:33 am
AfaKhan30 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:07 pm
CR001 wrote:
Hi CR001

Thanks

The covering letter that you sent about your benefits was unnecessary. If CB and UC was not in the list of benefits then you answered the question correctly. As far as I know your husband cannot take universal credit and if he takes that benefit it may affect your visa.

Read the following guidelines ( I copied it from Shelter)

" Spouse or partner visas
You can't claim universal credit if you're on a spouse or partner visa. Your partner is expected to support you financially for your first 5 years in the UK."
Hi Ezaan2014

My husband is eligible as per immigration rule section 6B, and he only claim for himself and our children's, i dont get anything.
When my husband applied for CHB, CTC and UC he had written to relevant departments about the visa status of his wife and two dependant kids born abord.

He had received letters from HMRC clearly stated that he is eligible.
Also Moderator CR001 on this forum has personal experience and same view as well.

I believe its good to disclose things to clear the ambiguity.

AfaKhan30
Pakistan

Post by AfaKhan30 » Mon May 25, 2020 2:07 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:49 pm
DO NOT tag your questions all over the forum. Ask ALL your queries regarding your application here only :!:
Caseworkers will make their decisions based on the documents submitted NOT the answers on the form. If you provide a piece of evidence, it will be considered.
Hi Zimba

Sorry about that, i asked at other place as i am under the impression that on relevant topic you can raise question?

Thanks for your kind response.

What do you think about the answer on benefits? seems some error on Set (M) form?
is good we mention what my husband receive in covering letter?