ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR submission - Response from Home Office

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vijayswami
India

ILR Documentation - NARIC / SELT B1 CERTIFICATE

Post by vijayswami » Sun May 17, 2020 7:11 pm

Hi Team

Requesting your guidance pls for filling ILR application form ( 5 year route)

While submitting the application form for ILR, it ask the question: "Whether Degree has been taught in English or not" I have clicked Yes....

Also I have completed BI SELT exam as well and holding the certificate

In the document submission section, it is asking for NARIC certificate as well along with B1 SELT Certification.

Currently I dont have NARIC certificate, as the universities are closed. However I am having B1 SELT certification.

Kindly advise whether B1 SELT certification is sufficient pls?

Thanks
Vijay

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Documentation - NARIC / SELT B1 CERTIFICATE

Post by CR001 » Sun May 17, 2020 7:13 pm

Click NO to the degree question. The question is ONLY related to meeting the English requirment. Ho doesn't care about your qualifications otherwise
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vijayswami
India

Documents for ILR

Post by vijayswami » Sun May 17, 2020 7:41 pm

Hi Team

Can you please advise what are the documents that is required for ILR submission. Have I listed everything, if i miss, pls advise what are the additional documents to be submitted

1) Payslips (6 months)
2) Bank Statements (6 months)
3) Life in the UK Test
4) SELT Certificate
5) Passport
6) BRP card (existing)
7) Employer Letter
8) Absence letter

Thanks
Vijay

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documents for ILR

Post by CR001 » Sun May 17, 2020 7:42 pm

Topics merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 17, 2020 7:43 pm

vijayswami wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:41 pm
Hi Team

Can you please advise what are the documents that is required for ILR submission. Have I listed everything, if i miss, pls advise what are the additional documents to be submitted

1) Payslips (6 months)
2) Bank Statements (6 months)
3) Life in the UK Test
4) SELT Certificate
5) Passport
6) BRP card (existing)
7) Employer Letter
8) Absence letter

Thanks
Vijay
Presumably you are applying based in tier 2 general.

You do NOT need 6 months payslips and bank statements. You only need one month payslip and corresponding bank statement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vijayswami
India

Post by vijayswami » Sun May 17, 2020 7:46 pm

I have applied thru Tier 2 ICT, however my first entry to UK was in August 2007 and renewing the visa from UK from that period.. I am applying via 5 year route.

Thanks
Vijay

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 17, 2020 7:50 pm

Same advice applies to you then.

Why not apply based on 10 years long residence, which has less document requirements? Have you got dependents in the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vijayswami
India

Post by vijayswami » Sun May 17, 2020 8:05 pm

I was in UK from Aug 2007 till Dec 2013. Starting 2014, i was away from the Country for close to 200 days, however I returned to UK with the same visa before it expires. Hence i cant apply for 10 year route. Since i am continuing with Aug 2007 Tier 2 ICT, applying now through 5 year route. ( Previously i did not applied due to personal emergencies)

My dependents joined in Aug 2015.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 17, 2020 8:10 pm

Makes sense. Your dependents can apply for ilr no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the initial visa issue date if they meet all the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vijayswami
India

Post by vijayswami » Sun May 17, 2020 8:16 pm

Thanks a lot for your response and advise.

Thanks
Vijay

vijayswami
India

ILR Application Submission - Normal Route, Priority / SuperPriority Service

Post by vijayswami » Wed May 20, 2020 4:11 pm

Hi Team

Requesting your suggestion pls..

Eligible for ILR by 18th of May.. have not yet submitted the ILR application.

Whether I can submit it via Normal Route.. (or) it is worth to wait for Priority / Super Priority service to be up and running?

If I go via Normal route, how long approx it takes to receive the Biometric appointment and after finishing off Biometric, approx how long it takes for Home Office to decide on the application?

Once Priority / Super Priority service opens, how soon we might get the appointment?

Since i dont have clarity on the above routes, requesting your suggestions pls..

Thanks
Vijay

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Application Submission - Normal Route, Priority / SuperPriority Service

Post by CR001 » Wed May 20, 2020 4:33 pm

Whether I can submit it via Normal Route.. (or) it is worth to wait for Priority / Super Priority service to be up and running?
The super priority will likely be suspended for a period for HO to get through the backlog of applications that is building up. Your choice if you want to wait but it could be a few months.
If I go via Normal route, how long approx it takes to receive the Biometric appointment and after finishing off Biometric, approx how long it takes for Home Office to decide on the application?
Normally, anywhere between 8 weeks and 6 months for HO to process your application. You cannot book a biometric appointment at the moment as the centres are closed. Members appointments are being rescheduled by up to 6 weeks.
Once Priority / Super Priority service opens, how soon we might get the appointment?
It really depends on where you are located and the demand for it on whether it will be available or not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vijayswami
India

Post by vijayswami » Wed May 20, 2020 5:20 pm

Thanks a lot for your response. As I am not aware about the process for ILR, can you pls let me know, the process / steps involved for Normal Route?

If I submit the application after making the payment via Normal Route, whether I can upload all the necessary documents on the day i submit the application (or) i need to wait for an email to be triggered from Home Office asking me to upload the documents?

Also with regards to booking the Biometric appointment, whether Home Office will send any communications to me regarding the Biometric appointment date (or) once Sopra is opened,whether i can go ahead and book the appointment for normal route as well? If the above 2 questions does not make any sense, requesting you to explain the process / steps involved for Normal Route.

Now with regards to Priority / SuperPriority service, can you pls explain the process/steps involved?

Thanks a lot in advance...

Thanks
Vijay

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 20, 2020 5:41 pm

Thanks a lot for your response. As I am not aware about the process for ILR, can you pls let me know, the process / steps involved for Normal Route?
You apply online, submit and pay.
If I submit the application after making the payment via Normal Route, whether I can upload all the necessary documents on the day i submit the application (or) i need to wait for an email to be triggered from Home Office asking me to upload the documents?
You upload all documents onto the UKCVAS Sopra Steria portal and it must be before your biometrics appointment. You do not need to wait for an email from HO.
Also with regards to booking the Biometric appointment, whether Home Office will send any communications to me regarding the Biometric appointment date (or) once Sopra is opened,whether i can go ahead and book the appointment for normal route as well? If the above 2 questions does not make any sense, requesting you to explain the process / steps involved for Normal Route.
No one will send you an email. You as the applicant will need to keep an eye on when the centres reopen and book your appointment.
Now with regards to Priority / SuperPriority service, can you pls explain the process/steps involved?
Same process, except when the service is available, you choose that in your form and it adds £800 to the total fee. Super priority and priority is not available at the moment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vijayswami
India

Post by vijayswami » Wed May 20, 2020 8:34 pm

Thanks a lot for explaining the process...

one clarification pls... if i pay via normal route and submit the application and once Sopra opens, whether the appointment will be available for both normal and Priority service for any given day? Not sure whether this question is relevant or makes sense..

Also, by any chance pls, after Sopra opens for appointment, is it possible for me to switch to Priority service from normal route? Whether i need to cancel the existing payment and whether that leads to cancelling my existing application? or what is the process to move from Normal route to Priority/ super priority service?

Thanks
Vijay

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed May 20, 2020 8:42 pm

vijayswami wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:34 pm

Also, by any chance pls, after Sopra opens for appointment, is it possible for me to switch to Priority service from normal route?
No
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

vijayswami
India

Post by vijayswami » Thu May 21, 2020 9:33 am

Hi Team

Can you please elaborate on the answer, it will be highly helpful for me

Thanks
Vijay

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu May 21, 2020 1:23 pm

vijayswami wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:33 am
Hi Team

Can you please elaborate on the answer, it will be highly helpful for me

Thanks
Vijay
There is no upgrade option. You cannot upgrade to priority if you choose standard option :!: :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vijayswami
India

Post by vijayswami » Thu May 21, 2020 2:55 pm

Thanks a lot for the response.

In that case, i should cancel my existing application and then need to create a new one and then book for the priority / super priority service?

Thanks
Vijay

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu May 21, 2020 4:04 pm

vijayswami wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:55 pm
Thanks a lot for the response.

In that case, i should cancel my existing application and then need to create a new one and then book for the priority / super priority service?

Thanks
Vijay
Not advised as if you do not have a valid visa at that point, you'll become an overstayer. Also fees paid could be lost
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vijayswami
India

ILR Submission -Standard Route and Document submission

Post by vijayswami » Thu May 28, 2020 4:20 pm

Hi Team

If I submit ILR by standard route and whether it is possible to upload the documents to UKVCAS?

If yes, whether Home Office can validate the documents / start working on my case?

Thanks in advance for your response

Thanks
Vijay

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: ILR Submission -Standard Route and Document submission

Post by poper » Thu May 28, 2020 4:29 pm

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

Unfortunately, if you did not have an existing appointment, prior to the suspension of the service, you will not be able to book an appointment at this time.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 28, 2020 4:57 pm

vijayswami wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 4:20 pm
Hi Team

If I submit ILR by standard route and whether it is possible to upload the documents to UKVCAS?

If yes, whether Home Office can validate the documents / start working on my case?

Thanks in advance for your response

Thanks
Vijay
Of course you can upload your documents, but HO won't be able to see them. They are only sent to HO electronically once you attend your biometrics appointment and have your identity checked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Freetownean2
Newly Registered
Sierra Leone

Post by Freetownean2 » Sun May 31, 2020 2:25 am

1. What is best to do first? To Upload our docs first during application submission process or to upload after electronic appointment?
2. What happens at the electronic appointment? Is it a fingerprint scanning only or they scan our documents there as well?
Can anyone assist pls?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun May 31, 2020 2:52 am

Freetownean2 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 2:25 am
1. What is best to do first? To Upload our docs first during application submission process or to upload after electronic appointment?
2. What happens at the electronic appointment? Is it a fingerprint scanning only or they scan our documents there as well?
Can anyone assist pls?
DO NOT tag your queries on post of others. Start your own post if you have questions.