ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Part time Job Salary Category and Other Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mumihp
Newly Registered

Part time Job Salary Category and Other Questions

Post by mumihp » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:09 am

Hi All,

I have a few questions that I am hoping that I can gets answers to.

1) I am planning to apply for the UK spousal visa next month for my husband, on the 06-07/01/2020 (after my last part-time payslip received). My main job, I work full time for the last 5 years. However, my salary did not meet the threshold of £18,600. I was on a salary of £17,005 in April and my salary went up in October to £17,550 (promotion) but I still didn’t meet the threshold. I was always going to leave the job in the beginning of the year but corvid-19 put a stop to that.

However, thankfully I was about to get a part-time delivery job every Saturday. So I started in June 1st and my first payslip arrived a month after that around every month on 5th. I get paid every month £195, I do the same hours and same day (Every Saturday). Every part time payslip I have received has £195.

Now even though my salary has gone up, I know HO will calculate my lowest pay in the salary which is £1,417 per month. With my part time job at £195 per month so £1,417 + £195 = £1612 x12 = £19,344 putting me above the threshold. Based on this information as I am using a part time job to supplement my income, do I apply using category A or B?

2) I know that HO don't really accept online bank statements so I called my bank Barclays, who now post me my bank statements every month. Now I read some conflicting information on this, would the bank statements I received via post, do they need to get stamped by the bank. Or should I just go to the bank and print of the bank statements via their machine as the bank statement will be stamped when printed anyway?

3. When we evidence the relationship, I will of course used wedding pictures, before and after. Do we need to show telephone conversations? I speak to my husband every day so do we still need to show whattsapp screenshots of call history?

4. Address: I used to live on and off at my parents’ houses (parents separated) so some of my letters would come at both houses. However in the last 2 years, I have changed all my addresses to my mum house where I live full time. So from my work place, payslips, bank statements, credit card ect is registered at 1 address. I know on the online application, it will ask you how long you lived at your current address and I am worried that because I used my dad address for some of my things so while I lived at my mum house permanently, some letters still went to my dad’s place until I changed it 2 years ago. I don't want HO to think I am lying about this.

5. Employment contract - My employers will both send me my employment contract for both jobs. Does it need a cover letter addressed to HO? Such as a brief one page letter to state, my salary, where I work and my employment status?

6. I want to quit my part time job eventually, when can I do this where it won't affect my application, can I quit after I submit my application (January) or should I wait once my spousal visa has been granted or if everything goes well, quit once my husband arrives in the UK?

I pretty much have all the documents, the only thing left to do is get my employment contract which I will do next week. My property inspection is booked for 22/12/2020 and just need to writer my sponsor personal statement. My main job salary payslip will come on 19/12/2020, normally it comes on 25/12/2020 because of Christmas, and my employer pays us early every year. My part time payslip comes on 5th so will apply on 6th or 7th January.

I didn't think I would get to this stage because of my salary, but less than a month to go before I apply. I just hope it all goes well.

Anyway, thank you in advance :) , to anyone who responds to my questions.

Many thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Part time Job Salary Category and Other Questions

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:25 am

1. Once the 6 months would have been passed with both employers then you can opt to category A and supply 6 months of payslips from both jobs alongside the corresponding bank statements and employer letters.

2. Large of swathe of applicants have been using the online statements with no adverse affect. But since you have ordered the paper statements so better to wait for these which wouldn't need any stamp.

3. Yes whatsapp call/texts screenshots

4. That won't cause any issue which might be problematic where if you were expected to supply cohabitation evidences which won't be needed in your case. However, if you wish then may address it in a covering letter.

5. Employment contract isn't needed but employer letters will.

6. Better to wait until receiving the decision.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:29 am

mumihp wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:09 am

I pretty much have all the documents, the only thing left to do is get my employment contract which I will do next week. My property inspection is booked for 22/12/2020 and just need to writer my sponsor personal statement.
As stated earlier, that employer contract isn't needed. Also, if you are living with parents who if owns the property then there wouldn't be any property inspection required assuming no unrelated adult is living there.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:32 am

mumihp wrote:
. My main job salary payslip will come on 19/12/2020, normally it comes on 25/12/2020 because of Christmas, and my employer pays us early every year. My part time payslip comes on 5th so will apply on 6th or 7th January.

I didn't think I would get to this stage because of my salary, but less than a month to go before I apply. I just hope it all goes well.

Many thanks.
All above game plan seems satisfactory especially under the adherence of 28 days rule.

mumihp
Newly Registered

Post by mumihp » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:54 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:29 am
mumihp wrote:

I pretty much have all the documents, the only thing left to do is get my employment contract which I will do next week. My property inspection is booked for 22/12/2020 and just need to writer my sponsor personal statement.
As stated earlier, that employer contract isn't needed. Also, if you are living with parents who if owns the property then there wouldn't be any property inspection required assuming no unrelated adult is living there.
Thank you for the response. The reason I am doing it because we have a 4 bedroom house, currently, there is 6 adults and 6 months babay in the house. I didn't want to risk HO rejecting my application because they think there is too many people in the house. Including my husband if he were to arrive, there would be 7 adults and a baby so I rather pay the £90, get a official letter to prove we are not in breach of the overcrowding law.

In the future, when we move out, I won't do it but don't want to risk it.

Thank you, I have emailed my HR to send me a letter to confirm all the details, asked them to email and post me, making sure it has been signed. I asked them to include the contract anyway, just in case.

mumihp
Newly Registered

Post by mumihp » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:59 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:32 am
mumihp wrote:
. My main job salary payslip will come on 19/12/2020, normally it comes on 25/12/2020 because of Christmas, and my employer pays us early every year. My part time payslip comes on 5th so will apply on 6th or 7th January.

Many thanks.
All above game plan seems satisfactory especially under the adherence of 28 days rule.
I assumed it will be my payslip that will be the last thing, but it will be my bank statement which should come around the 8th. My BS gets issued on 3rd of each month, with the new years, I will be on the phone with Barclays, making sure it gets send correctly. Once I have the final document, I will do my application asap.

Question, say I do my application within the 28 days, however the appointment with UKVCAS gets delayed, so by the time the documents is scanned, it might be over28 days old, however at the time of the application, it was in date, before the 28 days, would my case be rejected? because the documents are over 28 days old when scanned but it was in date when I did the application which will be confirmed by the dates on the documents?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:01 pm

Date of application is the date you submit and pay online. Your supporting documents must be dated on or before this date, not after. Your biomteric appointment date is irrelevant to the date of your supporting documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mumihp
Newly Registered

Post by mumihp » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:02 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:25 am
1. Once the 6 months would have been passed with both employers then you can opt to category A and supply 6 months of payslips from both jobs alongside the corresponding bank statements and employer letters.

2. Large of swathe of applicants have been using the online statements with no adverse affect. But since you have ordered the paper statements so better to wait for these which wouldn't need any stamp.

4. That won't cause any issue which might be problematic where if you were expected to supply cohabitation evidences which won't be needed in your case. However, if you wish then may address it in a covering letter.

Thanks for confirming, once I knew it was time to do the application, I switched from online to paper few months back so each month, BS gets posted. Thank you for confirming the category as well.

With my main job, it will be nearly 6 years. With my part time job, when I apply, it will be over 7 months as I started on 4th June. With how much this visa application is costing me, I did not want to make a mistake and for it go to appeal.

Many thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:05 pm

mumihp wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:54 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:29 am
mumihp wrote:

Thank you for the response. The reason I am doing it because we have a 4 bedroom house, currently, there is 6 adults and 6 months babay in the house. I didn't want to risk HO rejecting my application because they think there is too many people in the house. Including my husband if he were to arrive, there would be 7 adults and a baby so I rather pay the £90, get a official letter to prove we are not in breach of the overcrowding law.

In the future, when we move out, I won't do it but don't want to risk it.

Thank you, I have emailed my HR to send me a letter to confirm all the details, asked them to email and post me, making sure it has been signed. I asked them to include the contract anyway, just in case.
Fine

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:09 pm

mumihp wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:02 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:25 am

Thanks for confirming, once I knew it was time to do the application, I switched from online to paper few months back so each month, BS gets posted. Thank you for confirming the category as well.

With my main job, it will be nearly 6 years. With my part time job, when I apply, it will be over 7 months as I started on 4th June. With how much this visa application is costing me, I did not want to make a mistake and for it go to appeal.

Many thanks.
you will be alright. Simply keep following the guidance:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... dyp0u_oakI