ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting documents for ilr under long residency with spouse visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Trium
Newly Registered
Japan

ILR application

Post by Trium » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:44 am

Hi there,
I hope everyone is keeping safe during this pamdemic. I have been living in the uk for past 10 years (2010 - 2015 under tier 4, 2015-2020 under spouse visa) my visa is expiring on january 2021 and im thinking of applying for ilr under long residency. Could someone please list me the required documents for the application? Also i recently came back to the UK after a long holiday where i overstayed (6 months and 8 days) due to airport closure because of covid pandameic. My original return flight was after a month . Will there be consideration or is that gonna be a problem? Should my original return ticket and correspondence with the agency regarding the return be enough to support my cause of overstaying? I'd really appreciate if anyone could list down all the documents i'd need to apply for ILR and suggest with this overstay issue.Thank you very much in advance. Have a good day everyone and stay safe :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR application

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:47 am

As far as I know, breach for staying outside UK for more than 6 months continuously breaks your continuous residency.. I am not sure if you will be able to convince UKVI as they take this rule very strictly..
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Trium
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by Trium » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:42 pm

Thank you cullinan for your reply. I completed my 10 years residency in july 2020 and my over stay was from september 10 - september 17 2020 only a couple of weeks ago. So does that still count? Also could you please provide me the list of documents i need to submit along with the application? Thank you very much

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:43 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:46 pm

Trium wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:44 am
Hi there,
I hope everyone is keeping safe during this pamdemic. I have been living in the uk for past 10 years (2010 - 2015 under tier 4, 2015-2020 under spouse visa) my visa is expiring on january 2021 and im thinking of applying for ilr under long residency. Could someone please list me the required documents for the application? Also i recently came back to the UK after a long holiday where i overstayed (6 months and 8 days) due to airport closure because of covid pandameic. My original return flight was after a month . Will there be consideration or is that gonna be a problem? Should my original return ticket and correspondence with the agency regarding the return be enough to support my cause of overstaying? I'd really appreciate if anyone could list down all the documents i'd need to apply for ILR and suggest with this overstay issue.Thank you very much in advance. Have a good day everyone and stay safe :)
Your excessive absence won't affect your eligibility for ILR under family route where there is no absence threshold. You can consider to apply under that route (2015 - 2020) instead long residence.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Trium
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by Trium » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:02 pm

Hello everyone
I am sorry to bother you all again and thank you for takig your time to go through my case. I have decided to apply through long residence for my ilr as we do not meet income threshold for 5 years route. And with regards to long absence i spoke to one of the members of home office stating my situation and they said as long as i can prove my overstay was due to involuntary cancellation of my return flight i should be fine so i have my original return ticket and email from the airlines stating my cancellation was involuntary and also a copy of home office page that states the international aiport of the country i was in was shut down so im hoping that will prove my case. Anyways now im preparing for the application and since i am the only applicant currently under spouse visa (my partner is settled person) followings are the documents i have got ready so far:
All the passports
Brp
Life in the uk
Knowledge of English (expired but i used it for my last application so it should be fine)
Marriage certificate
My original flight tickets
Email from travel agent stating the circumstances
A copy of home office page stating the closure of airport.

So now my problem is i am not sure if i have to submit documents to prove cohabitation (which i dont have to needed amount). I went through few websites and they said i'd need them if im applying with my partner which im not. So could someone please advice me if i need to produce proof of cohabitation even if im the only applicant? Also do i need to provide SAR provided the situation? I'd really appreciate if anyone could share their knowledge regarding this. Thank you all. Wish you all a happy christmas :)

Trium
Newly Registered
Japan

Supporting documents for ilr under long residency with spouse visa

Post by Trium » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:05 pm

Hello everyone 1st if all thank you for going through my queries I have a few question regarding ilr application under long residency so any advice or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. So i've been living in the uk since july 2010 (under student visa till 2015 and spouse visa then after). So since i was away recently i do not meet income threshold hence applying under 10 years route. So could anyone please tell me what supporting documents i need? Do i have to submit proof of cohabitation for last 2 years or should marriage certificate be enough if im the only applicant? And also i overstayed by a week because the airline cancelled my return flight involuntarily as the airport was shut due to covid. So should i be ok if i provided the original flight details and emails from the airline and home office page which states that the airport was closed? Do i also need SAR to show my immigration history? I would really appreciate if anyone could answer them questions. Thank you. I have got the following supporting documents:
1.All my passports
2.Current BRP
3.Life in the uk
4.ielts (expired but i used it on my last visa application)
5.Orginal flight tickets
6.Email from travel agent stating involuntary flight
cancellation.
7.A copy of home office webpage that states the aiport was
closed due to covid.
8.joint Bank statements, utility bill, tenancy agreement letter,
Letters from my job etc. (Only this year's) if i needed to
Submit proof of cohabitation. I do not have many
Documents from my partner's side...

Any advice or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and have a wonderful christmas :)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Supporting documents for ilr under long residency with spouse visa

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:04 pm

Trium wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:05 pm
So since i was away recently i do not meet income threshold hence applying under 10 years route.
Isn't your partner working?
Do either/both of you have any cash saving anywhere in the world?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Trium
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by Trium » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:28 pm

Thank you seagul for your response. Unfortunately her income alone doesnt meet the minimum threshold. And no we do not have cash saving unfortunately.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:03 pm

Trium wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:28 pm
Thank you seagul for your response. Unfortunately her income alone doesnt meet the minimum threshold. And no we do not have cash saving unfortunately.
In that case, where I have no wiggle room, I will still venture out the option of applying the ILR under long residence and will attach all the supporting documents regarding the involuntary cancellation of flights owing to COVID 19 beseeching caseworker's discretion on compelling grounds which are just around 8 days. Maybe in doing so the paned out results would be fruitful for you but in worst case scenarios you might still be offered flrfp under 10 years of route.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:19 pm

For above (Set lr) you don't need any cohabitation evidence or anything named to any other family member rather just passports, BRP, LIUK & B1 English test etc at approved centre.
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

Trium
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by Trium » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:27 pm

Thank you seagul for your reply. I think that makes it more clear. Yes might just consider applying under long residency. Seems like i dont have any other option afterall. However i saw before on gov.uk page that if i have completed my long residency period under spouse visa i must apply under that route which confused me yet again. And after talking to one of the members of home office she said to me that my student visa doesnt count towards long residency even though im applying for 10 years long residency. So its all confusing... Thank you again for taking your time.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:33 pm

All legal residence in UK count towards 10 years LR.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Trium
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by Trium » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:01 am

Thank you cullinham for reassurance. Do i need to submit proof of cohabitation even though me and my partner are married? Thank you very much.

Trium
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by Trium » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:01 am

Thank you cullinham for reassurance. Do i need to submit proof of cohabitation even though me and my partner are married? Thank you very much.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:34 am

Trium wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:01 am
You qualify for LR on your own on the basis of 10 years legal stay in UK. Your relationship documents/married status is irrelevant.

Trium
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by Trium » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:08 pm

Thank you cullinan for your reply. Its just that on the applicatiom process it asked me to tick the boxes of documents checklist saying must tick all of them even if i cannot provide them and the checklist included my marriage certificate and 2 years of cohabitation so it was kind of concerning as i dont have enough proof from last year. Thank you again for your support.

Trium
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by Trium » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:46 pm

Hi there im sorry to bother you guys again. I made my ilr application under long residence today. And as a part of supporting documents on the document checklist it's provided a guideline for evidence which includes marriage certificate and 2 years of cohabitation and documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK. So must i submit those documents as i do not have full 2 years cohabitation documents? Your guidence is much appreciated. Thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:57 pm

It is not necessary to submit all documents from the checklist. It is a generic list and relationship documents does not apply to your case.

Trium
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by Trium » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:51 am

Thank you very much Cullinan. Im much relieved and reassured. Thank you for all your advice and support. Wish you a merry christmas and happy new year :)